“Finally a hotel that get it all right!”

Holiday Inn Express Meadville
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Meadville
Reviewed August 21, 2012

We stayed here for one night Aug. 2012 when there were no hotels available in Grove City and we thought this Holiday Inn Express was by far the nicest and most accomodating hotel we have ever stayed at. First off the rate was $80.00 lower than the same hotel in Grove City or Erie and yet is only a short drive from each. (About 20 minutes to GC and maybe 30 minutes to Erie). On check in we were offered ice cold drinks (Coke products or bottle water), and then were directed into the breakfast area where a kettle of hot soup was available (free), along with cheese stuffed breadsticks and marinara sauce for dipping. There was also complimentry cocktails (2 per adult), or juice, a popcorn machine with hot fresh popcorn. There were 2 large bowls of apples and oranges also help yourself, and fresh made cookies. If it rains during your stay there are umbrellas for your use, and at the check out counter a bowl of complimentry lip balm to take home with you. The buffet breakfast was excellent, everything you would expect to find and more. My kids loved all the fresh fruit available and the toppings for oatmeal were plentiful. The pool area was spotless, the rooms immaculate, and the staff throughout helpful and courteous. We will stay here again on our next visit to the area.

Room Tip: All rooms seemed to be good although ours was facing the front of the hotel, it was far enough back...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed August 20, 2012

We stayed overnight with our two young children after we shopped at Grove City. I had read about all of the nice little touches this hotel provides, and it was nice, but wasn't completely impressed because of our personal experience. Maybe I just had high expectations after seeing the rating for this hotel. My husband and son enjoyed the indoor pool. The hotel provides swim and water wings provided for the kids which we didn't realize. They had fresh fruit and snacks in the exercise area, but I didn't get a chance to try out the equipment. When I booked our room, a few weeks in advance by calling the hotel directly, I wanted to make sure we had a room that would accomodate a playpen for our 8 month old and a separate bed for my 3 year old. She suggested the king jacuzzi suite and that we could add a cot that would provide more than enough space for us and said we were would be on the top (3rd) floor so that we wouldn't be disturbed by people walking above us and that we would be close to an elevator, but not too close. She said this room would be more expensive, but I didn't mind paying more if it meant we weren't cramped. But when we checked in we were disappointed we were on the second floor right by the rear entrance door and were disturbed by people coming and going for most of the night. Also, the cot for my son never came. I had to ask at the front desk 3 times. We finally just improvised since my son was getting really tired and put the two chairs in our room together to make a 'chair bed' for him. He was small enough to just fit. I'm not sure how they thought we would have enough room for a cot in that room too. We had to move the desk down the wall into the corner to fit everything we had already. The young woman from the front desk who checked me in finally brought us some sheets and blankets after what I told her we were doing with the chairs. She had apologized to me the 3rd time I went down to the front desk and said she and the other employees had been distracted (on my 2nd visit) by a man (another visitor) at the front desk. She said the man's wife had just passed away. I felt very sad for him and I can understand them wanting to console him, but still I don't think this is an excuse you should ignore your other guests. After all, on my 2nd and 3rd visits there were 3 women at the front desk and I figured one of them should at least be able to step away to help. On the plus side, we really enjoyed the breakfast, which had an excellent selection and even my 3 year old found lots he wanted to try. Tata, one of the breakfast attendants, was very helpful with showing my son how the pancake machine worked, which he loved!! We also appreciated the fresh fruit.
My pros: Breakfast selection, nice atmosphere, friendly staff, quick and easy check in and out, bonus snacks and drinks they offer.
My cons are: Thin walls (we had to finally turn on our fan in the room which was right beside my son to produce some white noise to drown out the noisy people above us and the people coming and going from the entrance door at the back of the building), the fact that we didn't get the room that was promised to us. (We did check in a little late, and we also heard that the hotel was booked up. Still, I did confirm our reservations the day before and that we would have a cot, but were told when we checked in they don't actually set it up until we check in). We also found the bed to be noisy when you roll over or get in and out of them. But they were comfy once settled. My husband and son also found the pool to be a little on the cold side. They didn't stay in it too long.
I may consider staying here again. I will just double and triple check everything is as promised. I am not sure we got our money's worth out of the upgraded room. I feel bad about my son having to sleep on chairs, but we made due.

Room Tip: Don't get the king jacuzzi suite on the second floor by rear door entrance. Too noisy!!! This p...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 10, 2012

We have stayed at this hotel numerous times over the past 9 years, and have never been disappointed. We will most certainly return. This feels lilke a very safe, welcoming environment. The rooms are spacious and clean, but the most outstanding feature is the Exceptional Staff! Events for quests are elaborate and well organized with excellent attention to detail. Personal attention to guests from staff is exceptional. They really care! This attention is consistent from ALL staff. The pool area is clean. The grounds are attactive and well maintained. The management BBQ was a welcome surprise. Breakfast was always great. This hotel is in a convenient location for shopping in Erie or Grove City. We highly recommend a stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: There is no room service or attached restaurant but there are numerous restaurants within walking di...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 29, 2012

We stayed Saturday night 07/21 - on our way to Darien Lake Park in New York. It was our third time at this hotel and we had another good time. Clean, comfortable, and at a good price - we would reccomend this hotel to all - they treat you like family and care about your stay.

Reviewed July 22, 2012

Last time we were in Meadville for a family wedding we cancled our hotel reservations (at another hotel) after hearing of bugs and rotten service, So we were leary of all hotels in the area when we went back up. The rest of the family was camping but my astmah prevents that so we booked a room at the Holiday Inn Express. Checkin was wonderful, the front desk staff were professional and offered cold drinks, and were dressed in business professional style (Which I find to be uncommon at highway exit hotels). The room was spacious and wonderful, with a jacuzzi tub and a queen size bed with plenty of pillows (with soft/firm pillow cases labeled) The black out curtins really blacked out. the only thing that was missing to put this on the level of Hyatt / Hilton that we often stay at when traveling cities is there was no safe in the room to store the laptop when out. This was FAR AND ABOVE the level of quality and service I expected from something that is not in a major city. We will be back again!

Room Tip: We got the queen with jacuzzi tub and were quite pleased
1  Thank StarStraf
Reviewed July 20, 2012

Just left a three day stay at this wonderful hotel...was in the area for business and brought the family along...we felt as if we never left home..greeted at check in after a long drive with a cold beverage and even more a of suprise to then have a bbq being offered to the guests by the management...the rooms were lovely, the pool area was clean, new and well apportioned...the great breakfast, evening snacks and late night ice cream were well received by our entire party especially our children. The staff and management were friendly and responsive to any request. Would highly recommend this hotel for all travelers..

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 19, 2012

My family and I recently stayed here and LOVED IT. The staff were very welcoming, attentive and caring. "Liz" and "Ashley" at the front desk were great. They gave us a great last-minute deal, checked in on us after we got to our room to make sure we had everything we needed. They offer delicious snacks in the afternoon and late night. The pool was perfect. The breakfast buffet was THE BEST I HAVE EVER HAD! Delicious! The bed was very comfortable and we all slept great. The only down side was that we couldn't modify our trip to stay longer. This is a hotel I would go out of my way to stay in again. Thank you Holiday Inn Express Staff!

Room Tip: Check in early enough to enjoy the pool and afternoon snacks. Be sure to stay for the breakfast buff...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Meadville
1 mi away
Quality Inn Meadville
#3 of 5 in Meadville
2 mi away
Mayor Lord's House Bed & Breakfast

Been to Holiday Inn Express Meadville? Share your experiences!