“An overpriced Olive Garden”

Arlecchino Ristorante
Ranked #1 of 46 Restaurants in McMurray
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 17, 2012

The food was tasteless and cold and the service was horrible. I've been to Alla Familiiga, the food there is better but the chef is a real piece of work. Will never waste my money at either establishment and neither should you.

5  Thank Alan L

Reviewed October 30, 2012

My wife and I had dinner again at Arlecchinos celebrating our sons' birthdays. We have been here several times and enjoy it immensley each time we are there. The food is first rate, service is consistantly great and the entire experience is well worth the price.

1  Thank Johnandjoanne1971
Reviewed August 16, 2012

We had a waiter that was constantly wanting us to move on to the next course - we had to tell the waiter more than once that we were just taking our time. We ordered a meatball appetizer that was very good (and large), and the beans and greens, which were also good. It was shared by the table. When you order a meal, it comes with pasta and salad - however, both are served family style. The pasta was just okay, for an authentic Italian restaurant - the sauce was supposed to be a vodka tomato sauce, but there wasn't much on it, and what was on it was very thin. We asked the waiter for more bread, and we could all tell the waiter was not pleased at our request - he said he "would check" - it was only after almost 15 minutes that we asked again about it, as he never told us one way or the other, and he then said it would be out - when it did come out, it was overdone, and not the quality of the first one we had. Our main dishes were good (pork chop and lobster ravioli), and there were no complaints. I had brought a bottle of wine, and when the waiter looked at it, he kind of grinned and said, I'm sure we don't serve this at our restaurant. It was enjoyed by all though. We ordered two desserts to take home. The waiter only gave us one - and never said anything about the missing dessert - we were not charged for it, but never knew what happenned. Overall, it was average to good.

2  Thank jpasta1
Reviewed August 11, 2012

Had dinner for the first time at Arlecchino. Had visited Il Burloni in the past, which I believe was opend by Chef Jonathan, then sold. It now appears that he is working towards branding (maybe franchising?) the Alla Famiglia name with multiple restaurants.

Great atmosphere (although the school house look/ feel that was felt formerly w/ "The Classroom" restaurant has been lost). Service was good. Salad and pasta (served wtih all entree's) were excellent. Had filet for main entree. Was cooked well beyond medium rare and had a texture that could only be described as "mushy" . My wife had the same selection and driving home she confirmed (without me saying it first) that her filet was "mushy".

Expect a bit more for a $50+ entree. You can find a similiar atmosphere with a much higher quality filet nearby (i..e Bistro 19).

Desserts/ coffee were OK - selection somewhat limited selection.

Overall, would visit Arlecchino again, but feel that value is not in-line with current price point. Certainly has potential, but need to step up filet quality (to be fair - have only had one entree here). Pulling in Chef Adam from Alla Famiglia/ Il Burloni might be the quick solution.....

4  Thank Chris C
Reviewed June 28, 2012

My wife and I had another enjoyable meal here. It was our wedding anniversary. When we arrived we were seated on their outside patio which is great on summer evenings. Our menus had our names on them with Happy Anniversary. The food is out of this world. I especially like the "Holy Water" is used to dip the bread in. It has great kick to it. The salad of the night was Romaine lettuce with currants and baby beets topped with a creamy sweet dressing. We had sea bass for our main course and it was the best sea bass I have ever eaten. The main course is served with a side of vodka sauce pasta that I like to spice up with the "holy water" oil. Great service, great food, somewhat pricey but worth it. You won't go away hungary or dissatisfied with the quality of the meal.

2  Thank Terry D