“Best Italian Restaurant”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 28, 2012

My wife and I had another enjoyable meal here. It was our wedding anniversary. When we arrived we were seated on their outside patio which is great on summer evenings. Our menus had our names on them with Happy Anniversary. The food is out of this world. I especially like the "Holy Water" is used to dip the bread in. It has great kick to it. The salad of the night was Romaine lettuce with currants and baby beets topped with a creamy sweet dressing. We had sea bass for our main course and it was the best sea bass I have ever eaten. The main course is served with a side of vodka sauce pasta that I like to spice up with the "holy water" oil. Great service, great food, somewhat pricey but worth it. You won't go away hungary or dissatisfied with the quality of the meal.

2  Thank Terry D

Reviewed June 13, 2012

My wife and I have been to Arlecchino's Ristorante before and believe me it was delightful! My wife and I have traveled extensidely throughout Italy and have eaten in wonderful restaurants in small towns following the guide of "Slow Cooking." Arlecchinos is a similar experience. The food is prepared with all fresh ingriedents and anything you order will be prepared to perfection.

In our oppinion the prices are not any higher than other five star restaurants you will find in Pittsburgh. Do not be misled by other reviews that say its pricey. Any restaurant is pricey when your add drinks to the tab. One can drink anywhere but one can not afford to miss the quality of Authentic Italian Cuisine as Arlecchinos offers.

2  Thank Johnandjoanne1971
Reviewed April 10, 2012

A friend and I recently visited Arlecchino for lunch. While our bill (including tip) was close to $70, it was definitely worth it. Located in the former Schoolhouse building in McMurray, Archecchino is the finest Italian establishment in the South Hills, and maybe the entire city. I am a big fan of Davio's and Il Pizzaiolo in Mt Lebanon, but in my opinion, Archeccino has surpassed them.

The bread was so fresh and the olive oil with a hint of hot peppers was the perfect companion. We skipped the salads (saving room for dessert of course) and went straight to the entrees. My friend had the Entrepreneur Lunch which consisted of chicken milanese with pine nuts and lemon butter, maccheroni ala vodka and I had the taglietelle (made fresh onsite) with meatballs. Both of these dishes were massive for lunch, but we managed to finish every last bite.

Dessert consisted of a blueberry crostata and a chocolate mousse cake - both superb (the touch of vanilla ice cream was perfect).

I can't wait to stop by some afternoon and try the outdoor patio for espresso and a pastry.

Arlecchino - well done!

3  Thank bigdog6668
Reviewed March 3, 2012

Nestled on the old school house building this restaurant captures the the intimate an cute glamour of the building. The bar upstairs is small, but the barman knows his job, the house glass of cab is very good (they were pouring Napa staple Peju) and from there you can have your drink watching the dynamics of the kitchen meanwhile your wait for your table. This is an original italian restaurant, you can expect your salad and your pasta dish separate. The pasta is superb, fresh made by the chefs on site. We were a large group so since the plates were big, we got to sample a fair amount of different dishes. I highly recommend the carpaccio and the veal steak.
You will not be disappointed. Only con, it's pricey.

1  Thank Lola_lab
Reviewed February 20, 2012

I can't help but write a long review, so if you don't feel like reading about my entire night, let me say this: We didn't have a reservation and sat in the bar, which was great because it was very lively and it overlooks the entire restaurant. We ate too much food, drank too much wine and spent a bunch of money (about a hundred+tip per person, but we could have spent 60 each and still been satisfied when we left). It was worth it! We had a blast and I will try to visit next time I am in the Pittsburgh/McMurray/Washington area. All I can say in response to the bad reviews is that this place is BUSY because it's GOOD. Show up in a good mood, expecting to spend money and have a great time.

Overly detailed summary:

A friend of mine and myself were both working in the area and wanted to meet for dinner somewhere nice to celebrate our reunion and our new jobs (growing up...). It was Friday and we weren't sure if we'd be able to eat at this restaurant because we didn't have reservations, but when we arrived we were told we could sit in the bar as soon as a table was free. Once upstairs, we sat ourselves immediately at a recently vacated, messy bar table, and the bartender came over only minutes later to clean it, even though he was very busy.

We order the 'smoked provolone' appetizer which was served to us conveniently at the same time as our warm bread and their house olive oil, which is steeped with italian peppers and very tasty. My friend ordered a delicious seafood pasta entree which was 36$ and I order the 'Seafood Diavolo' 52$. All of the entrees come with a really delicious house salad, and all of the entrees except the pasta dishes come with a pasta side dish as well. By the time our actual meals arrived, we were stuffed with delicious goodness, but were compelled to continue eating anyway. My meal was a lobster tail surrounded by large shrimp, crab meat and mussels in a great red sauce. Nothing tasted old or long-frozen, and nothing was chewy or overdone. They serve homemade pasta.

...Then there was the dessert. We had a small sampler (we were incredibly stuffed at this point) consisting of two small truffles and a tiny slice of one of the best restaurant-desserts I have ever had. Bravo. She and I still talk about it.

The wine menu is organized according to the regions in Italy from which they're from and thankfully our bartender was very knowledgable about them. He helped us choose based on what we told him we liked (I am not familiar with Italian wines, although now I would like to be). Glasses ranged from 8-13$. It would have been cheaper to get a bottle, but she likes sweet whites and I prefer dry reds.

We came here expecting to spend a lot more money than we usually would, and we had a wonderful time. The place was lively and busy, the wine was good, the food was awesome, the dessert... OH the dessert! And, they didn't rush us out. We sat and enjoyed our food and three glasses of wine each for almost three hours and our server was very attentive but not overbearing. Our bill was around 190+tip for two people. I did not expect to find a place like this near Washington, PA. Enjoy!

3  Thank ErmMac