“Great meal with son and family”

Tillie's Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 41 Restaurants in McKeesport
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Description: Tillie's is a Family Owned independent Italian Style Restaurant that has been serving Homemade Italian and American foods for over 55 Years. Pasta is Hand Made in house and is the Signature Food for most patrons. Our Homemade Spaghetti, Fettucini, Lasaga, Ravioli, and Gnocchi are our customer favorites. In addition we have wonderful Italian Entrees styles such as Parmigiana, Romano, Marsala, Piccata, Alfredo, and Milanese. Our Pizza is a thick crust style with infinite choice of toppings. Most favorite is the Meatball Pizza. Seafood Entrees such as Crab Cakes, Lobster and Crab Gnocchi, Salmon and Cod are also favorite choices. A New and Unique entrée is Pork Palena, our own special entrée. Our Codfather Fish sandwich is a crowd pleaser. It's Huge!! Prime Rib on Frday and Saturday. Homemade Soups. What more can we say??
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Ordered the fettuccine with their homemade sauce - it was delicious. Daughter-in-law ordered the chicken parmesan and liked it as well. Wedding soup was equally delicious.

1  Thank travelweary55

Reviewed April 29, 2013

Have been going to Tillie's since I was a child. Their red sauce is unlike any other, so good on any of their pasta dishes or chicken/eggplant parmesan. Local favorite. Very large anti-pasta salads. If you like spicy try the stuffed banana peppers appetizer.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

Deciding where to eat with three teenagers and a picky husband isn't easy. I usually end up with one sad sack complaining that they hate our choice. Not the case with Tillie's. My entire family loves going (or picking up take out) from Tillie's. It starts with the bread basket, which the immediately devour and usually ask for more. The house salad is lovely, which makes my husband very happy. Fried Zucchini is thinly sliced and lightly battered, but has a great flavor. The two dipping sauces are the perfect accompaniment. My son loves the wedding soup. I always have a difficult time choosing my meal because they are all so good. My teenagers love the gnocci, we've had the amazing lasagna and ravioli. My husband loves the chicken parm and eggplant parm. I think my favorite is the homemade spaghetti, or maybe it's the seafood ravioli, but I also like the pizza with the hot sausage slices. Yum. My children will actually portion their plates so they have enough to take home and eat the next day. The restaurant is always clean and the wait staff knowledgeable, pleasant and prompt. You cannot beat the value. If you've never been, you should. And if it's been a while since you've been to Tillie's, you need to get back there!! You will thank me for reminding you about this quaint little gem hidden in an old McKeesport neighborhood.

2  Thank amuenk
Reviewed March 12, 2013

My wife and I had dinner. She had the gnocchi and I had the homemade spagehtti. Both our dinners were excellent. Sauce is great ( I do not eat spaghetti sauce at many places).
she and I each had a meatball,They were very good. The salad and bread were both fresh and good. No Complaints. Server was very good. Good consistent fresh Italian food!

1  Thank Francis H
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I have been going to Tillie for 45 years. Always good food , nice quiet atmosphere too. The help is friendly and they know the food.