“Great Atmosphere... decent food”
Review of restless oaks

restless oaks
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in McElhattan
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I have been to Restless Oaks many times. Usually for breakfast with a group. Business associates love the atmosphere... epecially at Christmas with the huge tree and a fire in the fireplace. Staff is mostly friendly, but occasionally less than cordial... hey we all have bad days I guess. Service for group meals is on par with other locations in the area.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

The food is always priced good and tastes very good the inside is a place my husband can relate to( out side.)

1  Thank Rose E
Reviewed September 3, 2012

This place is wonderful. It is a neat log cabin located just off Rt.220.
The food is excellent. The menu is extensive. This is a nice place to enjoy breakfast. The friendly staff provides very good service.
It is a nice place to take the entire family without breaking the bank.

The huge fireplace will catch your eye when it is lit in the winter. There are antiques in the rafters which are fun to look at. Their annual Christmas Tree will have you wondering how they ever got it inside the restaurant.
They have a separate dining room for those private gatherings.
This is a neat, clean, friendly place to enjoy a meal. No alcohol is served in this establishment.

3  Thank denmiller2003
Reviewed December 23, 2011

This place has good food and the place is very interesting. Its a log structure with a big fireplace in the dining area. There are all kinds of antiques and pictures of days gone by to look at. My colleagues and I spent some time looking at these after dinner. Had dinner here a few times during my 2 week stay in the area. Will return on my next stay in the area.

2  Thank Carl D
Reviewed December 10, 2011

I took my family out for breakfast to celebrate my wife's birthday. We arrived on a Saturday with little business inside. After being looked at for five minutes a nice guy finally approached and seated us right away. Our drink order was taken and it went down hill from there. Once we had our drinks it was hard to get a refill. Our waitress only had 3 tables but decided what was going on in the kitchen needed her attention more. The food was served hot, however my son ordered pancakes. He had a couple of bites before slowing so I decided to see what was wrong. I tried a bite and the pancakes tasted like playdoh. They were very chewy and not very warm in the center with an unusual after taste. The waitress was nowhere to be found until it was time to pay for the bill. By that time we had decided to just pay and leave and never come back. Usually when paying they asked how the food was. The woman that checked us out just simply took our bill and asked if we wanted to add a tip, nothing more was said. I hope they dont treat every customer with such bad service. My advice maybe lunch or dinner is better but breakfast is out think they got pancake batter mixed up with joint compound. Never Again.

2  Thank Jason L

Been to restless oaks? Share your experiences!