“Run, fast” 1 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating
NYC
“Run, fast”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2012

Used to stop at The Dimmick and always enjoyed good food at a fair price with friendly staff. It went downhill after a renovation so we stayed away for a while. This summer friends suggested we try it again to see if it had improved, sadly the answer is no. We gave it a third chance this past Sunday 8/12/12 for an early dinner. All I can say is run and do so fast. Service is terrible, I gave up waiting and had to get menus myself, food is not great at best and way way overpriced. We sat on the outside deck and spent the whole time avoiding the angry glare of the neighbours who spent the entile length of the meal in their driveway, chain smoking and giving us angry looks. I know the following isnt the establishments fault but between motorbikes passing and cars passing with loud music (one of which had increadibly explicid Lyrics) the mood was gone. I'll give them my burger was passable but how hard is it to mess uo a burger, my wifes "special orgainc chicken" was unservable the kids meal was... ok enough said. There is a very nice diner down the street on the right.

• Visited August 2012

Old Forge, Pennsylvania
“Disappointed in seafood buffett”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2012

Did not stay at the hotel. Try the lobster fest on Saturday nite. It was the worst $132 I ever spent.
Very disappointed, the lobster was tasteless.

Langhorne, PA
“I loved all you can eat lobster!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2012

I found the food to be plentiful and high quality. I did really only focus on seafood and not alot of the sides. I almost never eat dessert but I splurged. Although not cheap, I believe I did get my moneys worth. My husband, not a big seafood guy did order a steak from the menu, and he loved it. Our server was prompt and friendly. Can't say a bad thing about my experience. It may not be worth the price if you don't eat expensive seafood, I had a great time splurging.

• Visited February 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
NJ
“Plenty of good food..”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2012

The food menu offered a lot.I ordered the stuffed lobster and it was really good, They gave us so much. The prices are very good.The ambiance was very nice and cozy

Visited February 2012
NYC
“Shocking Incompetence”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2011

My friends & I have been going to the seafood buffet for about 10 years, most recently in June. We usually drive about 45 minutes each way from New Jersey.
The service and food have always been quite good though they recently raised the price for the buffet.
My friend and I went on Friday, Aug 19th and had a shockingly poor dining experience.
No clams on the half shell, no cold lobster claws.steamed clams tasted funny
OK, stuff like that happens.
However, most of the lobsters we attempted to eat had that pungent ammonia smell that indicates spoilage or poor handling.
After the first bad one, We let the waitress know so she could inform the kitchen.
She returned and said the "kitchen would like to know if you find any more like that."
Evidently the kitchen couldn't check on the seafood before sending it out to the dining room.
We continued to get the same result as did several other patrons we spoke to.
Although there are other things to eat, this particular buffet is centered on lobster and seafood, which is reflected in the $56.00 price.
We again told the waitress. She apologized.
No visit from the restaurant manager.
I requested that the waitress ask the manager to come by.
The manager came to the table, sat down and looked at and smelled the lobsters we brought from the buffet and agreed that they were bad. She took them and left.
We sat there for about 15 minutes. No return visit from anybody.
At this point we were really not too keen on eating anything else.So we got up and headed for the cashier. Suddenly, the manager appeared (I guess she thought we were going to abscond without paying anything) and gave a piece of paper to the cashier telling her that "this is this guy's bill." Not a word to me.
As the cashier was entering the bill into the register, I had to lean over the counter just to see what they were charging us. The manager kindly told me I could see the tab,which was for $104.00.
I asked if they really intended to charge us that much for inedible, probably spoiled food.
She seemed offended and said "I'm giving you a 20 percent discount."
This was not a case of my ordering something I personally did not like, this was a case of the food at a buffet being literally inedible, so I naturally balked at her generous offer.
Then she said, "Well, how about if I only charge you half?" At this point my friend just wanted to get out of there so he said "Fine, but I'm never coming back here."
The manger responded with "Well, if you're not going to come back, why am I giving you a discount?" Having tipped the waitress,we paid half and left.
When we called the manager of the hotel to let him know what was going on in the restaurant, he said "I'm sorry you feel that way" Did not take a name or number . Did not indicate that he would look into the complaint and get back to us.
The lack of courtesy and professionalism reminded me of a Monty Python sketch.
Only it was real and not very funny.

• Visited August 2011