“nice local restaurant”

Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
fl
“nice local restaurant”
Reviewed July 3, 2014

Food and service were fine.
Nice location on main street in small town on the Delaware River in PA a few yards from New York.

• Visited July 2014

Waterloo, Canada
“Amazing restaurant”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

We stayed at Hampton Inn Matamoras , I reviewed all the reviews and thought maybe give it a try for dinner . My husband had 1/2 rack St Louis pork ribs , when plate arrive to the table, it was huge...we thought they made mistake gave us full rack . it was tasty and melt in your mouth . and I had Flambéed Choice Flat Iron Steak , it was cooked to perfection. The service was very good. Everything is freshly made . Will definitely go back when we travel back to this area again.
When they found out we are from Canada, they told as the restaurant name is name after the two rivers between Quebec and Ontario.

• Visited June 2014
New York
“Hidden Gem”
Reviewed June 18, 2014

By chance, we were made aware of the existence of this restaurant.

Matamoras is not one of the most inviting places, and it is easy to drive past the restaurant. But, once a parking place has been secured, and one follows the signs inside the building, one enters what can best be described as a subdued modern, yet silently elegant place.

The staff is attentive, very helpful with the menu - and surprise, surprise, the wine prices are reasonable. There are four different house reds available, and the Shiraz was delightful.

The menu is also a surprise - many familiar dishes, but clearly with a twist. I chose escargots as my starter, and was unsure whether the lemon flavor would mix with the butter - but it did. Twelve escargots (without shell), just well enough cooked to retain the flavor - it was great.

The main course consisted of a shrimp and lobster risotto - probably one of the best I have had in years!

Tempted to go all the way, I ordered the NY cheesecake - firm, yet light, full of flavor.

The only faux pas was the absence of the coffee beans in the Sambuca, but this was easily forgiven when the coffee was served - fresh (and I mean "freshly brewed"), a dark roast, and hot.

Throughout, we were well looked after - and none of this nonsense with "suggested gratuities".

In all, an absolute delight - and most definitely not our last visit.

• Visited June 2014
Port Jervis, New York
“delicious food the garlic truffle 25 appetizer is to die forand the seared scallops with fresh pappardelle pasta is scrumptious”
Reviewed May 30, 2014

I have never had a meal here that I did not thoroughly enjoyed. Family owned and are handcrafted recipes.There is something to please everyone on the menu and everything is freshly made. For this reason plan on a little extra time for dinner but well worth it. And now they have a full bar to boot

• Visited May 2014
Montague nj
“Over all OK nothing special”
Reviewed May 18, 2014 via mobile

My husband I went out on a date night and went to this restaurant it was OK nothing that special my husband got the ribs which was good no complaints I got the lobster cake it was horrible to much seasonings never would get that dish again but we would go back again for a 2nd chance.

• Visited May 2014