“Standard sit down - friendly”

Perkins Restaurant & Bakery
Ranked #3 of 23 Restaurants in Matamoras
Cuisines: American
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Just off I 84 - you will see it from the off ramp, reenter I 84 same location. Friendly fast service, large seat areas, nice view, fair prices.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

I booked reservations at a nearby hotel then looked around for someplace within walking distance where I could find a restaurant that would accommodate my special diet. When we got there I already knew what the ingredients were in what I was going to order thanks to the website. We were seated right away but then the service slowed way down. The restaurant was not busy at 7pm on a Thursday, however our waitress seemed to be overwhelmed with things to do while 4 people hung around the cash register watching us sit there. It looked like one was the manager, one was a busboy, one woman to run the cash register, and another hanging out for I don't know what reason. None of them were doing a thing. And it's not like the register is off in a dark corner. It's in a prominent, well-lit location smack dab in the middle of the restaurant do to the bakery case. I couldn't understand why not one of 'em could lift a finger to help our waitress while we just sat there waiting. Oh well, the food was really good. I guess that is the most important thing.

1  Thank Emiuni
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Have been to Perkins more than a dozen times. Clean, friendly, reasonable prices.
Always left full and happy.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

no alcohol served though,could probably stretch to alcohol-free beers perhaps?.Had good meals in pleasant surroundings,freshly made-up.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

Visited last week. We were greeted by the manager again with a pleasant tone and we were seated immediately. I got my usual Captain's Catch and the lady of the house got the chicken finger dinner with broccoli and mashed. After our drinks came out, Celeste, our server recommend the balsamic vinaigrette, "it's much better for you than that oil." Cool. Okay. I barely had time to finish my salad when our dinners came out. Nice and hot as always. Always. It was maybe five minutes. Asked for more napkins and was given them in no time flat. Celeste was awesome and knew what she was doing. Always trying to sell the dessert but she had a pleasant way about her. We tipped her well and we'll return as usual.