“We like the Hampton Inn Matamoras”

Hampton Inn Matamoras
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Matamoras
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“We like the Hampton Inn Matamoras”
Reviewed December 24, 2013

We come to Matamoras occasionally to visit family and friends and always stay at Hampton Inn because we know we can expect a clean, comfortable room with superior bedding and amenities, as well as a friendly and welcoming staff.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Charlottesville, Virginia
Reviewed December 24, 2013

I make the drive between my home in Virginia and New England several times a year, and the Hampton Inn in Matamoras is one of the places I like to stop to break up the drive. I've probably stayed there a dozen times at this point. The hotel itself seems fairly new and and is good condition, everything seems clean, etc. I have always found the staff to be very pleasant and welcoming. The only time I had even the tiniest problem (noisy child in the adjoining room), I called and asked to be moved and they accommodated me very quickly and were very nice about it.

The free wifi connection has tended to work well for me. I usually only use it for email but have occasionally streamed Netflix on it with no problem.

The free breakfast in the morning is generally quite good. My only complaint is that there is often music playing in the breakfast room while televisions are on, so you get the noise from each competing with each other. It's a small thing, though. I'm sure I will stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Amelie_08
Ohio, Illinois
Reviewed December 23, 2013

So I recently stayed in this gorgeous hotel..very clean.. excellent friendly staff.. and could not help myself upon checking out of my room and saw one of the housekeepers. She told me that she hoped I enjoyed my stay and to have a safe trip.. I said thank you and proceeded to walk away.. I thought to myself I wonder how much they make a hour? We have to understand that housemaids work very hard to make hotel rooms very comfortable and clean for us and our families. We have seen on the news of very big gratitudies being left for servers but what about maids? Please take a moment to realize that if they are making minimum wage some depend on that "little extra " just to make ends meet. Bending, lifting, scrubbing it is all physical labor. If possible don't forget to tip your maids. They work very hard for our own comfort. Just food for thought.. I will always stay at a Hampton especially this one.

• Stayed December 2013
Milford, NH, United States
Reviewed December 23, 2013

We stayed at this hotel due to a snow storm which made traveling further not possible. Excellent hotel with very helpful and friendly staff. Everything was like new and very clean and spacious. One of the best Hampton Inns that I have stayed in.

Big Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed December 15, 2013

A wonderful experience. The staff was all top notch and made me feel very welcome. The physical aspects of the hotel were in great shape and very comfortable. The breakfast area was immaculate and the food was excellent. I would certainly stay again!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Islip, NY, United States
Reviewed December 11, 2013

Clean and comfortable rooms and a wonderful hotel staff! Convenience of the location to Milford, PA, and to the main interstates running through the area, gave us plenty to enjoy and it was easy to get to! I would definitely stay at this Hampton Inn again!

Thank Matthew A. K
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed December 9, 2013

Convenient location close to Rt84 . We used the pool and exercise room and they were neat and clean. Breakfast area was very comfortable and food adequate. Have stayed here three times in the last year because it is close to my family. Never disappointed. Will stay again on our next visit.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Matamoras
Best Western Inn at Hunt's Landing
Grand Cascades Lodge
#1 of 1 in Hamburg
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,785 reviews
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Newton Sparta

Been to Hampton Inn Matamoras? Share your experiences!