“Exactly What You Would Expect”

Hampton Inn Matamoras
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Matamoras
Reviewed August 13, 2013

I recently spent a night in the Hampton Inn Matamoras on a trip to the Delaware Water Gap. The Hampton Inn is located about 5-10 minutes outside of the quaint town of Milford. When we checked in, the hotel staff was armed with a list of recommended restaurants (delightfully, all of which were locally-owned and none of which were chains). The property is neat as a pin and the rooms are clean and spacious (including a large bathroom with a big countertop, shelves (great for a longer-term stay) and huge walk-in shower). The Hampton Inn is situated close to the interstate, and while noise was not an issue, there is no view from anywhere in the hotel to speak of (and the surrounding area is really nice. The hotel offered free wifi and free breakfast. I took advantage of both. The internet connection was excellent and I was able to complete work in the room with ease. Breakfast was acceptable and included a decent variety of menu options (cereals, bagels/muffins/toasts, biscuits and gravy, cheese omelets, fruits, oatmeal, etc). The breakfast area was large and even though there were a number of hotel guests eating at the same time, the space was not crowded. I did not take advantage of the indoor pool or the fitness center on this trip, but peaked in on both. The pool was about what I expected, but I was surprised at the quality of equipment in the fitness center (above average for this size of hotel). The only two minor gripes I had about my stay was (i) the pillows were uncomfortable and I woke up with an aching neck and (ii) the price seemed a bit out-of-step with the brand/level of service. I note it was in the middle of vacation season, so prices might fall during an off-season stay. Overall, I would rate this property as very good - head and shoulders what you would typically expect for this brand or similar brands.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms at ends of hall - away from elevator and vending.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Paul H

Reviewed August 12, 2013

We attended a family wedding in nearby Port Jervis NY and stayed for two nights at the Hampton Inn in Matamoras PA. Location was excellent for us as we only had a 5 minute drive to the church across the river. Our accommodations were exactly what we have come to expect from our stays at Hampton Inns. Immaculate room and bathroom (which is my main checking point in hotels. If the bathroom is clean, all is well) Wonderful food at the breakfast bar. Friendly and helpful staff throughout the Inn. We will definitely stay here on all future trips to this part of the country.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

We stayed for 2 nights as a family of three in this hotel.Friendly and helpful and informative staff re: local areas of interest,etc.Hotel clean,nice pool,breakfast fine-though eggs a bit synthetic and not freshly made-up.Best to stick with the cereal and fruit.Plenty of coffee,tea,hot chocolate at reception to help yourself to.One or two family restaurants nearby in the plaza next door.Access to this hotel is a little awkward-you can go through the plaza,or access it via the slip road to the Best western-this is the best option.Overall,we would stay here again if we were visiting the area.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

Just returned from a business trip to the Embassy Suites in Montreal. While driving back we stayed at this excellent hotel. We arrived late in the middle of a rain storm, yet the desk was fully staffed, our special requests (extra foam pillows) were in our room. We had our keys in less than a minute, the room was immaculately clean, and the amenities were nicer than those at the Embassy Suites. The bathroom was a nice size, and the elevator was big enough to accommodate both the luggage cart, my motorized scooter and other guests besides. We also got to pick our frequent stay goody.Breakfast the next morning was pretty typical for this chain, but everything was nice and fresh, and again nice and tidy. I can also honestly say I have never stayed in a hotel room that had so many electrical outlets and charging stations. Bravo Hampton Inn.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

We were pleasantly surprised by this hotel. It is close to the highway but you could not hear the road noise. We were pleasantly greeted and given the name of a great pizza restaurant that delivered to the hotel. The beds were comfortable and the breakfast was good. A very good value.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 7, 2013

The service was excellent and the staff went beyond what you would expect to accommodate us for our family reunion. The rooms and facility were excellent. The staff allowed us to use the breakfast are to continue our family reunion and they helped us with ice and tubs to facilitate an impromptu party.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed August 2, 2013

This is one of the best Hampton Inns I've stayed in. Such beautiful decor! I'm notorious for being incredibly picky when it comes to bedding, but these beds were comfortable. I slept great and didn't hear a peep from other guests. The fitness center is one of the best I've seen. It's only a couple miles away from horseback riding, hiking, canoeing, swimming, shopping and dining. I loved the Poconos and will definitely return for pleasure instead of business next time.

• Stayed: July 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Matamoras
Hotel Fauchere
16 mi away
Grand Cascades Lodge
Grand Cascades Lodge
#1 of 1 in Hamburg

Been to Hampton Inn Matamoras? Share your experiences!