“Needs a staff that is interested in their customers.”

Hampton Inn Matamoras
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Matamoras
Reviewed August 4, 2012

We arrived at the hotel our rooms werent ready. We were told that the cleaning staff was on lunch and we should come back later. A basic average hotel with a staff not interested in their customers.
There is not my h more to say. The facts are above.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Dukedog1

Reviewed August 2, 2012

My husband and I stayed here in July to attend the wedding of a friend at Skytop Lodge. She arranged for a block of rooms for people coming to the wedding. Everything was great! I was concerned about check in because the bride had arranged for a shuttle bus to pick up her guests at 4:00 pm to go to the wedding. We were coming from NYC and we wanted to shower and get dressed at the hotel. The posted check in time is 4:00 pm. I called the hotel in the morning when we left NYC and was assured the room would be available by 1:00 pm. They did not disappoint, we arrived shortly before 1:00 and the room was ready. The front desk was friendly and offered suggestions for lunch. We were able to grab a quick lunch and have plenty of time to get ready and make the shuttle. The room was clean and fresh. The shower was huge and the bathroom had a long vanity that allowed enough space for both my husband and myself to get ready for the wedding. The breakfast was good. If I ever need a hotel in that area again I would definitely stay at the Hampton Inn.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 28, 2012

We were just traveling through on I-84 and looking for a place to stop for the night. Excellent choice. I usually like Hamptons and this one is exceptionally nice. The room was large and bed was comfortable. Breakfast was very good and there seemed to be a lot more tables than in similar hotels so there was plenty of space for everyone. Good choice!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 26, 2012

During a recent trip through PA our motorcycle group got caught in a sudden and extreme storm. Even with rain gear on we were soaked and exhausted when we arrived. The staff was extremely helpful and welcoming (even though we dripped rainwater all over the front foyer - sorry about that). Thank you for having hot tea and coffee available in the evening. It's the little things like this that really count. I have stayed at a number of Hampton Inns and know they are consistently of a good quality. I have to say though, this particular one is by far the most attractive and comfortable one I have visited. Applause for the excellent breakfast and thank you for the hospitality! Highly recommend.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 22, 2012

I have stayed here four or five times since it opened and always enjoyed my stay. It is clean, well run, and safe. It is a bit more expensive than I usually spend when I am just traveling but the rooms and beds are so comfortable, it is worth it. Indoor pool, fridge and microwave in the room. Great hot breakfast options along with a bag of treats to grab if you are on the run - apple, granola bar, a bottle of water. Coffee and cookies always available. Shopping center nearby with a grocery store, movie theater and food options. This hotel is nice enough I would have a meeting here or a family reunion.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 21, 2012

Stayed here for a week-long work commitment. WiFi was slower than dial up during prime evening usage hours. Otherwise, hotel was quite good. Clean, quiet, and contemporary. Would stay again, although the young front desk staff was unable to answer basic questions about local attractions, referring us instead to brochures adjacent to the swimming pool. Do your own research ahead of time. Breakfast here is a little uneven, with hard-cooked eggs and a full assortment of fresh fruit available only on some mornings. Highly recommend the Two Rivers Grille in Matamoras for dinner and the Black Bear Cafe in neighboring Milford for lunch.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 17, 2012

I stayed at this Hampton Inn on 7/13/12 for a friends wedding at the nearby Skytop! This is the nicest Hampton Inn I have ever stayed in and I have been to quite a few! Wonderful staff, impressive lobby area and very extensive complimentary breakfast with great coffee and delicious oatmeal. Thanks to all of the employees. You made our stay extremely comfortable! They even allowed us to check in 2hours before check in time since we had a wedding to get to at 4pm. I highly reccommend this hotel. Clean, new and inviting!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Matamoras
Hotel Fauchere
High Point Country Inn
High Point Country Inn
#1 of 1 in Wantage
Bushkill Inn & Conference Center

Been to Hampton Inn Matamoras? Share your experiences!