“Well worth a visit”
Review of The Percy Arms

The Percy Arms
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Chilworth
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: SET IN THE PICTURESQUE VILLAGE OF CHILWORTH IN THE HEART OF THE SURREY HILLS, THE PERCY ARMS IS AN ELEGANT COUNTRY PUB AND GRILLHOUSE WITH LUXURIOUS ROOMS, SERVING MODERN BRITISH CUISINE WITH A SOUTH AFRICAN TWIST. ALREADY AN INSTITUTION FOR ITS STEAKS AND CUTS, THE PERCY ARMS CONTINUES ALSO TO OFFER A WIDE RANGE OF POULTRY, FRESH FISH AND VEGETARIAN DISHES TO TEMPT EVEN THE MOST FAITHFUL CARNIVORE. Daily specials’ boards include game roasts, specialty steaks and tempting South African dishes. The elegant formality of the dining room is perfect for a meal with friends or family, while the traditional bar is ideal for a relaxing pint or a glass of one of the specially selected wines. The cosy fireplaces are the perfect spot to wind down after a busy day.
Reviewed July 23, 2014

It was a busy Saturday night and there was a wedding on but although this did seem to effect the speed of service a little, the overall experience was extremely positive. The food is superb and the full rack of ribs was the biggest portion I have been given in a restaurant! Beautifully cooked with just the right amount of sauce. The shared starters were a decent portion too so if top quality food and value for money are your thing, this is the place to go. Just one small request, 4 out of 6 in our party had the ribs and not a finger bowl in sight! The sound of sucking fingers must have drowned out the music from the wedding.

Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

We came here a few weeks ago with friends for a Sunday Lunch. We weren't disappointed, it was amazing!! The meat was tender (and served generously!) and the accompaniments were all cooked to perfection! Booking is essential though as it gets really busy - unsurprisingly!!
Will be booking again very soon!!

Reviewed July 16, 2014

First of all I'd like to compliment the chef, the food has not disappointed us in the whole year we have been loyal customers. The opposite is to be said about the staff. They have never been the reason to return but what I have experienced during my last visit is a reason not to ever come back! Admittedly the pub was busy due to catering wedding however I would not expect that to affect the staff attitude. I have been intimidated and embarrassed by the barman just because I politely asked for a branded glass for my beer. He didn't take this lightly and refused to serve me. I then casually approached the manager to make her aware and did not even receive an apology, just a statement of well, it's busy, we have a wedding on... I do work in hospitality myself and seen various levels of service but I have never experienced worse service! Needless to say I won't be returning even though I'll miss their food.

4  Thank Alena L
Reviewed July 4, 2014

It's no wonder this place gets so busy on Sundays: the carvery is incredible. With a variety of meats and sides, there is certainly something for everyone and it's all so tasty at a very reasonable price. I have never found the staff to be anything other than attentive and friendly and although it's manic at the weekends, they are definitely able to cope with the crowds and provide excellent service. Couldn't recommend this place enough.

Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

Dined here for lunch today the lady that took our order was really rude. We arrived just before the kitchen closed and she made it clear we where a burden. She didn't even ask how My friend wanted his steak cooked! The food was really good! I strongly recommend people to go eat here just watch out for the rude member of staff