“View spectacular- Service Stinks - unfriendly Bartenders”

The Waterfront Bar & Grill
Ranked #4 of 8 Restaurants in Marysville
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 30, 2014

We were seated quickly. That is where quick ended. We waited for someone to take our beverage order. Ordered ice water which obviously ticked off the bartender/server. We waked for someone to take our food order. We waited for our food. We waited for our water to be refilled. Waited and waited. Walked to the bar for water refill
and request the check. Waited for the check. Waited for someone to take payment. Need I say more.... Unless your looking for horrible service, subpar food and unfriendly bartenders .... Don't waste your time.

4  Thank Cbreezo

Reviewed July 28, 2014

We stopped here after a day riding on the motorcycle. I had the Pittsburgh salad with steak - very generous with the steak too! My husband had a burger. We enjoyed our meal & drinks. We sat on the deck - and other than the pesky flies it was a great time!

1  Thank Ren1971
Reviewed April 19, 2014

Our table ordered waters to start while we looked at our menus. Not long after, the owner came out and explained to us that he couldn't give us water because it was cloudy and he couldn't serve it. He said because it's a holiday weekend there is no one he can call to fix it (it's the day before Easter). He didn't offer us any alternatives. When our waitress came back I asked if we could have complimentary non-alcoholic beverages, she said "yes". So we ordered iced teas for the 4 adults and chocolate milks for the 2 kids. The rest of our meal went along just fine, our food was good, portions were very large, the owner even "ran to the store to buy a bottle of water for the kids to share" (yeah, right, the bar doesn't have bottled water?). It all seemed great, until we got the bill and saw that we were charged for ALL of the drinks. I went up to talk to the waitress, clearly this was an honest mistake and she could just remove the charges from our bill. When I reminded her that she said we could have non-alcoholic beverages free of charge, she denied ever having said this. I asked if we could speak to the owner again. She went over, spoke to him, and came back saying that he wasn't going to do anything for us. So I went over to speak to him. As soon as he saw me coming he threw his hands up and said "There is nothing I can do, it's not my problem, it's the town's problem." And that's exactly what they did, NOTHING! The whole situation caught us off guard. But after thinking it over, it was all a total scam! If the restaurant didn't have usable water I'm pretty sure, by code, they would have to close down. Not only that but without water, how did they prepare the pasta one from our party ordered? How did they make our iced teas? We will NEVER return to this establishment! If I could give negative stars, I would have!

3  Thank Jim1021
WaterfrontMarysville, General Manager at The Waterfront Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2014

Thank you, Jim1021, for visiting our establishment, and I appreciate that you included positive comments in your review as well.
Unfortunately, alot of people just look at the titles and rarely read an entire review so the title "SCAMMED" was a bit unfair.
First of all, we have public water here and there were no boil advisories, etc on the water. However, the water was a little cloudy for some reason that evening and we felt that we would rather not serve it to our guests. Your table was the first to be served, so yes, we did not have bottled water at the time that you ordered BUT as you said, the owner "ran to the store to buy" bottled water, which we brought to your table immediately.
I understand that there could have been a misunderstanding between you and the server about the drinks. I can assure you that when you asked for the non alcoholic beverages, she was not aware that you expected them free of charge, especially since we did go to the store and have bottled water available to you (complimentary, of course)
And with respect to the rest of your review comments about codes and pasta and ice teas being made, I again want to reiterate the fact that we have public water and there was nothing wrong with the water other than it being slightly cloudy, or there would have been a public announcement warning against the use of the water. I would think that you could appreciate a restaurant that strives to give their guest 5 star service, even if this means the owner has to go out and buy bottled water .

Reviewed April 13, 2014

This place used to be pretty good, but we were very disappointed our last two trips there, both last fall and again in April 2014. Spinach and crab dip loaded with spinach, very little crab. Girlfriend ordered a shrimp pasta entrée which when served did not have any shrimp in it. I ordered a half rack of ribs which were chewy and very little sauce. on them. I was offered some sauce on the side, however. Ginger Ale was flat, but they replaced it with a root beer and that was much better. Dessert was a Greek type pastry similar to Baklava and that was quite tasty. The view of the Susquehanna river is very soothing.

3  Thank wharfdog
Reviewed December 27, 2013

My wife and I have learned not to judge a book by its cover. We came to the restaurant with minimal expectations and left aghast. The only thing this business has going for it is the view. Other than that, the food was awful. The service was horrible. The atmosphere was dismal. The salads came out with "cut up lunch meat" on them. They rushed you to get your order, but could not bring out what you ordered. The place is improperly managed and could possibly exist only as a watering hole for the local natives. I live nearby and will never ever go back. If I could give a negative rating, the Waterfront Bar and Grill would get one. Go somewhere else or you will regret it like we did.

7  Thank brandydogsdad