“Great view, not so great food.”

The Waterfront Bar & Grill
Ranked #3 of 8 Restaurants in Marysville
Cuisines: American
Reviewed April 13, 2014

This place used to be pretty good, but we were very disappointed our last two trips there, both last fall and again in April 2014. Spinach and crab dip loaded with spinach, very little crab. Girlfriend ordered a shrimp pasta entrée which when served did not have any shrimp in it. I ordered a half rack of ribs which were chewy and very little sauce. on them. I was offered some sauce on the side, however. Ginger Ale was flat, but they replaced it with a root beer and that was much better. Dessert was a Greek type pastry similar to Baklava and that was quite tasty. The view of the Susquehanna river is very soothing.

3  Thank wharfdog

Reviewed December 27, 2013

My wife and I have learned not to judge a book by its cover. We came to the restaurant with minimal expectations and left aghast. The only thing this business has going for it is the view. Other than that, the food was awful. The service was horrible. The atmosphere was dismal. The salads came out with "cut up lunch meat" on them. They rushed you to get your order, but could not bring out what you ordered. The place is improperly managed and could possibly exist only as a watering hole for the local natives. I live nearby and will never ever go back. If I could give a negative rating, the Waterfront Bar and Grill would get one. Go somewhere else or you will regret it like we did.

8  Thank brandydogsdad
Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

The food and service was not good, however the view from deck was the best around. We stop to see Jeffrey walker on the deck, however we could not hear him. Noise complaints from the neighbors.

4  Thank Hbgattorney
Reviewed August 10, 2013

We like places with decks and a view. This place was recommended by a friend so we gave it a try. Great view of the river. The food and drinks were reasonably priced. Their special wings have a great sauce and are served over fries. The Margarita was below par but it was cheap so I moved on to beer. Beer prices are great and there are specials. As others have mentioned. The homemade desserts are great. I had a Greek custard pastry thing that was one of the best desserts I've had in a long time. Our waitress was helpful. No complaints, we are planning to go back and bring friends.

1  Thank Mike M
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Whenever we stay at the Bridgeview B&B we go to the Waterfront Bar & Grill for lunch and dinner. Word of caution - go early for dinner as the place is very popular with the young crowd and the parking lot gets quite full. Their main theme is Greek but the menu is mostly all American. However, their homemade Greek desserts are scrumptious! You can eat either in the air-conditioned inside or a colorful deck overlooking the river and also the train buffs can watch the trains. There are bars in both locations, smoking is permitted outside on the deck. Very energetic staff who keep close tabs on your table and what your needs might be.