My husband and I have been together for 20 years...we are 38 years old. We live in Brooklyn, NY. We never had a real honeymoon or vacation for that matter. So in the past couple of years we've been trying hotels in New York City and house rentals in Pennsylvania. We decided to try out Caesars Pocono Palace since it was close to home, romantic and all inclusive.
Pricey yes...the place is nice but stuck in the 70's. We loved it either way...there is no other place like it, that I know of. The food was great no complaints and although we'd like a private dinner it was nice to mingle. Our first time we booked the Fairway for 1 night because we got a great price thru Starwoods.com plus you get points for every stay at any of their hotels...so we were like wow this is awesome. Since we always wanted to try this place out. We got to our room that first time and there was a colony of ants...we reported it and they came quickly and gave us another room...they were very nice about it and we ended up with an upgrade for our troubles. The next room wasn't grand but we had no complaints we paid about $250 a night. And that compared to a hotel stay in NYC without any extras was an awesome price. So we were hooked...the following year we got a promotional offer and again we got great rates for the Champagne room and a free strawberry platter...OMG...it lasted us the weekend....this time we stood 2 nights. So we will be returning this year to try a different room and I got another great rate thru my job 50% off a weekday stay. And we look foward to becoming Forever Lovers on our 4th Stay. And with Starwoods points we'll be getting a free night soon. There are many ways of getting good rates you just have to search. And although it's 70'ish...it's ok...I noticed lately they've been upgrading so hopefully they'll catch on and upgrade those beds...otherwise that, I will reccomend this place to all my friends.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The couples-only Pocono Palace Resort is ideal for a romantic getaway. Our resort has an indoor/outdoor pool and a 32,000 sq ft sports facility. We're near shopping, horseback riding, and skiing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Booking.com, getaroom.com and Priceline so you can book your Pocono Palace Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pocono Palace Hotel Marshalls Creek
- Caesars Pocono Palace Poconos
- Poconos Palace