“Love it!!”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Marshalls Creek
Brooklyn, NY
“Love it!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2007

My husband and I have been together for 20 years...we are 38 years old. We live in Brooklyn, NY. We never had a real honeymoon or vacation for that matter. So in the past couple of years we've been trying hotels in New York City and house rentals in Pennsylvania. We decided to try out Caesars Pocono Palace since it was close to home, romantic and all inclusive.
Pricey yes...the place is nice but stuck in the 70's. We loved it either way...there is no other place like it, that I know of. The food was great no complaints and although we'd like a private dinner it was nice to mingle. Our first time we booked the Fairway for 1 night because we got a great price thru Starwoods.com plus you get points for every stay at any of their hotels...so we were like wow this is awesome. Since we always wanted to try this place out. We got to our room that first time and there was a colony of ants...we reported it and they came quickly and gave us another room...they were very nice about it and we ended up with an upgrade for our troubles. The next room wasn't grand but we had no complaints we paid about $250 a night. And that compared to a hotel stay in NYC without any extras was an awesome price. So we were hooked...the following year we got a promotional offer and again we got great rates for the Champagne room and a free strawberry platter...OMG...it lasted us the weekend....this time we stood 2 nights. So we will be returning this year to try a different room and I got another great rate thru my job 50% off a weekday stay. And we look foward to becoming Forever Lovers on our 4th Stay. And with Starwoods points we'll be getting a free night soon. There are many ways of getting good rates you just have to search. And although it's 70'ish...it's ok...I noticed lately they've been upgrading so hopefully they'll catch on and upgrade those beds...otherwise that, I will reccomend this place to all my friends.

• Liked — The Romantic feel of the rooms.
  • Disliked — It's not updated
25 Thank Ivy125

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (370)
Haverhill, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2007

This is the fourth time we have stayed at Pocono Palace. They have great couples games during the day and in the evening they have excellent entertainment! The weekends are a lot more busy and they tend to have a lot more going on. But the week days are cheaper and there are hardly any lines. (for dinner, games and whatnot) They have times throughout the week/day when you can schedule a time to have your photo taken. They offer various locations shots for the photos's as well. (In-room, dinner photo, fireplace and outdoors.) We have had ours done many times as it is a free service. You can look at the photos the very next day and and there is no pressure to buy. You only pay for what you like and want to buy.

The all inclusive plan includes breakfast and dinner, as well as snacks at happy hour (5:00) and midnight snacks.

We had a blast! The Wedding Cake is one of their frozen drinks and for around $7.50 - well worth it!! If you like frosty creamy drinks, you cannot leave without at least having one!! :)

They have various event guides that lead all the group activities and though are all very good. Wendy however is best! It shows that she loves what she does. You are sure to have fun at any event that she is heading up.

And if you are feeling in the mood for a massage, you can make an appointment and they will come right to your room. My husband and I had one this time and it was great! The person that gave me mine was Roy and you should request him if you call. I know I will next time. I've received massages from a lot of places and by far he was the best.

• Liked — Our indoor pool was beautiful!
  • Disliked — Drinks were a bit expensive.
27 Thank DMS22676
Long Island NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2007

We stayed at the Pocono Palace from Thurs to Saturday in the Garden of Eden Apple room. There was a special going on so we got $100 back when we checked in. I thought it was a little pricy when we booked it, but with breakfast and dinner and activities being included we thought it was worth it once we got there.

The resort was overall nice, but it does need a little TLC in some areas. Our room was clean and nice, but worn in some areas. I loved the pool in our room, never used the sauna and wished the jacuzzi had a couple of more jets. We bought one log for the fire, but it made the room too hot so we put it out. We called the front desk for more towels and they brought them over right away. No complaints there.

We did breakfast in bed both days and the food was good and a lot of it. We checked the early box 8-9:am delivery and it came at 8:30 each morning. We are early risers, so we went to the dining room at 11:00 to grab something to hold us over for the rest of the day. They had an omelet area pancakes, fruit, cereals, meats. It was good. You can ask to sit at a table for two or else they put you at a group table.

During the day we went on the lake and fished. We also walked the trail. They have a game room which is totally overpriced at 3-4 tokens a game. There is also pool tables, a basketball court, a gym with tanning beds, miniture golf and golf which we didn't check out. The resort is located in a tourist area so there a lot of stores and things to do around. We took a drive to Bushkill falls and to the Pocono flea market. There are museums and Shawnee around there too.

They have drink specials from 5:00-7:00 and appetizers that were ok at the bar. They play couple games where we won a bottle of champagne and I won $70 in bingo. Dinner is served from 6-8pm. Thursday we had a sit down dinner and it was very good and we liked the salad and sundae bar. Friday night was a buffet, which I really didn't care for. The food was greasy and over cooked. We didn't eat much because we had the appetizers in the bar and didn't really like the food.

Thursday night was the not so newlywed game which was so funny and a great band. Friday night there was a good band and great comedian.

Overall we had a great time and didn't spend a lot of money while we were there. I advise people to bring their own alcohol, because it is expensive there. There is a fridge in the room and free ice at the main building. Also look on the schedule and get involved in the activities. You meet great people this way and can win champagne.
I just wish they had free appetizers a little earlier, because you snack at the bar then are too full for dinner.

It isn't the Ritz but a nice place to relax and be with your lover. I would go back again, but maybe try another one of their resorts.

• Liked — The pool and sauna
26 Thank jaborti
Washington DC
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2007

My husband and I stayed in the fantasy apple for 2 days. when we checked in, the room was dirty, the windows were filthy, and the pool looked unclean. It smelled like mold. There was room service from the previous couple outside the door still. We had a military discount so the room for 2 nights was $600, and I feel that was such a waste. I dont want anyone to even think about paying full price for this place. The food tasted like hospital food and my husband got "the runs" from it. Bring your own booze b/c they will charge you $22 for a six pack. They charge you an arm and a leg for everything. For a little bit more we could have gone to mexico for a real all-inclusive vacation for a week. If you decide to stay here and run into the same problems as us, leave right away.

6 Thank sailorgurl27

Travelers are raving about these Marshalls Creek hotels

New York City
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2007

My boyfriend and I had planned this trip since last November and had to cancel our first time around...after reading some of the reviews I wasn't too sure about spending all that money on a hotel that would be unpleasant. However, I must say we had the BEST weekend of our lives together. This place is for people who just want to spend some alone time and enjoy each other to the fullest.

We booked the Roman Tower room and it was fabulous, really really nice, to die for. Everything was clean and well maintained. We ordered champagne and the strawberries and whipped cream(must try!) We had a blast and never wanted to leave the room. The staff was really helpful and friendly and to our surprise the guests were really really nice 2. The food was pretty good and the entire experience was wonderful. You can smell the fresh air and there are plenty of activities to participate in.

Didn't wanna leave...think i cried a bit. Will definitely be going back! Wanna try the fantasy apple next...heard its nice and has balconies with chairs to see the lake from your room. Hope this review helps!

• Liked — The room
  • Disliked — I liked everything
21 Thank Carolm22
Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2007

This place was horrible. The surrounding city, if that is what you will call it, was in shambles. I only saw two restaurants, a Perkins & Dunkin Donuts, that looked half way decent. For the 7 hour drive, 3 nights and $1700 in hotel bill, we could have gone to somewhere luxurious. Don't waste your money or your time. Unless, of course, you are wanting to go to the flea market on Sat & Sunday. They have pastel padded toilet seat covers for $6., fake watches (but the guy promises they have new batteries), and all the knock off purses, clothes and shoes you could ever hope for!!!!! Unless you stay in the Roman Towers, you only get a 19 inch w/ a built in VCR. Who uses VCR's anymore??? The mirrored ceiling w/ star lights was pretty cool but we always had the feeling there were hidden cameras video taping everything. Sorry we wasted the money, would never go back and would never recomend to ANYONE. Trust me!!!!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
2 Thank sbsvb
Logan Township, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2007

My wife & I just came back from a weekend at Pocono Palace and let me tell you we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. We were a little skeptical after reading some of the reviews here and a past bad experience at a similar place in New Jersey. I had contacted management at Pocono Palace via e-mail and they assured me that I would have a great stay. They even upgraded my reservation to the Roman Towers.
The room was very clean & very nice. We enjoyed both the pool & tub. The grounds were well kept. The food was good & there was lots of it. You do not need to eat lunch with breakfast & dinner being the way they are.
The staff was very friendly. My wife & I did not want to leave. We may go back in the fall. For any couple looking for a romantic getaway, Pocono Palace is definitely worth a visit.

18 Thank spb825
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marshalls Creek
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
#2 of 2 in Pocono Manor
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,391 reviews
Hampton Inn & Suites Bartonsville
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsbu...
#4 of 8 in East Stroudsburg
Skytop Lodge
Skytop Lodge
#1 of 1 in Skytop
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,130 reviews

Been to Pocono Palace Resort? Share your experiences!