“Great weekend- we will be back again!!”

Pocono Palace Resort
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Marshalls Creek
Reviewed October 11, 2009

As soon as we checked in we were upgraded to a better suite and it was right on the lake! The staff was wonderful, the food was really good and we met some really great couples while we were there. We went for our 5 year wedding anniversary, and it was our first time at The pocono palace. the decor needs a bit of updating but it was very clean and spacious. before we checked out we booked another trip for our next anniversary- when we did that we again were upgraded to a better and bigger suite just for booking a return trip before we checked out. Golf there is fun too.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank nordic12774

Reviewed October 9, 2009

I must say after reading the reviews I was scared of the experience we would have for our first time there, but I was pleasantly surprised. First at check-in, we were greeted very cordially and was surprised as they automatically upgraded us (at no extra charge) from the lake view room over the lounge to a lake view suite-which has the round bed, table and chairs, refrigerator, 2 cushioned chairs which we put together to make a love seat in front of the fireplace(which we weren't going to have in the room we origianally booked). The only thing the room had that we were expecting in our previous room was the heart shaped tub for two. Since we were not expecting the fireplace, we did have to buy logs, which were quite steep at the resort gift shop. Next ime we will bring our own. From the reviews, I was surprised at how nicely the room was decorated not at all retro 70's-80's. Mirrors lined only the tub area and at the head of the bed. Carpeting seemed quite new. As previously quoted in the reviews-the bed was so comfortable better than our one at home!! The best night sleep in awhile. The TV had alot of channels to choose from but we did little TV watching. It was peaceful and quiet-we did not hear anyone on either side of us and the rooms were occupied. Personally we enjoyed the game room, as we both loved playing pool, air hockey, video games and pinball. They did have a cheesey indoor minature golf set up, along with ping pong. There was also the basket/volleyball court, community indoor heated swimming pool and jacuzzi. The few times we stopped by the pool it was not being used.
I could not speak about any other entertainment as we chose not to include that as part of our short stay. They do give you a daily list of activities and entertainment which changes on a daily basis. Since it was our first time here, we chose to spend our 2 nights taking advantage of our room.
The food was great but we are not picky eaters to begin with. The dinner and breakfast buffets were great and quite a selection. The food was hot and we could have not asked for anything more. Desserts were great and they had a chocolate fountain for marshmallows and strawberries. We had the same waitress for both dinners and she was friendly and attentive, They had many tables for 2 and larger tables for 8. We had no problems getting a table for 2 right away for the 3 meals we ate in the dining room. We came dressed in jeans and a nice shirt but others came a little more dressed up. To each his own I say. It all depends on the occasion that brings you to this resort. If you want to feel pretty then get dressed up if not then don't. They do have a photographer during the dinner hours and you can get your photos taken. We chose to get our photos taken at the gazebo in the morning and paid $10 a piece for the 5 5x7 pictures they took-they were posed pictures but I got to say she did a really nice job and we got a free souvenier photo album to put them in. They had sample photos on display and you can arange to have photos taken in your room while in bed or in the tub covered with bubbles-all tastefully done, Lunch is on your own but they have a cafe right there on the premises and it was pretty good. We did heed the warning about the cost of the alcoholic beverages and since we are not big drinkers we brought our own wine, soda, and champagne beverages that we enjoyed in our room. We took advantage of the Saturday morning "breakfast in bed"-the choices being cold cereal, breakfast sandwiches along with coffee, juice and "champagne" which turned out to be a bottle for 2 of spumante and not champagne-which was delivered to your room in a box between the hours that we specified and they called our room right before they delivered it-how considerate. We were only there for 2 nights and only had time to take advantage of the paddleboating on the lake and we did attend the "x-rated newlywed game". It was entertaining but very sexually explicit-good for a few laughs. I took my cleaning supplies for the room just in case the previous reviews held true but did not need them. Everything was spotless. The jacuzzi tub had non-adjustable jets(the dial was broken) and a missing head on one of the jets which made the water shoot out with alot of force. I had brought my own foaming bubble bath which worked great in the tub-we had overflowing bubbles because I was not aware how much bubbles could be made with what little liquid I used. The only thing that was dated about the tub area were the tiny lights that encircled the celing, most of the lights had burned out and since they are not replaceable individually, the entire strand of lights need to be replaced.
I brought my own candles. My fiance splurged and spent the $35 for a birthday ice cream cake. What was great was that even though the cake was enough for 6 people, the kitchen kept my leftover cake in their freezer until we left. So we took the cake home in the large cooler that I had brought all our beverages in, and finshed the cake when we got home. We do plan to return next year and this time we have upgraded to the Fantasy Apple which includes everything in the lakeside suite but also has an outside deck with table and chairs overlooking the lake and a pool in the room. It is pricey but that includes the 2 meals a day and tips, but we are going back same time next year.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NJsweetpea09
Reviewed October 8, 2009

...not me but Caesars.

Starwood never put a dime into these properties and obviously isn't going to now that they are up for sale. There were dirty dishes outside our room for our entire stay. The pool was never skimmed and covered in bugs. Even the key cards didn't work right because the locks were ancient. The couples concept for a resort still works but only with great facilities and superior service. Caesars has neither.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank HecktorH
Reviewed September 29, 2009

With a pool, wet/dry sauna, massage table, fire place, steam shower for two, huge two-story Champagne whirl-pool tub, and room service we never had to leave our room! However, there was so much to do on the property including: 9 hole golf course, driving range, archery, basketball court, pool, night club, and so much more! The staff was very friendly and accommodating, the food was fabulous, and the ambiance was relaxed and romantic. If given the chance, we would go back every year!

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled as a couple
2  Thank BlacSwan
Reviewed September 3, 2009

I read NUMEROUS reviews on this site about this place - but I am SOOO happy we kept our reservations. We got there about a hr before check in and our room was ready. We stayed in the Apple of Edan. The room was so much fun, and so large. It was my fiances bday so I had ordered a basket and balloons for him. He loved it. The food was very good, the service was good, and the atmosphere was RELAXING. The entertainment is awesome, the bartenders are fun, and we got all we wanted in just 2 days.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TW619
Reviewed August 31, 2009

Hubby and I were looking for a weekendd getaway and instead of going to the usual Atlantic City Casino's a friend suggested Cove Haven Resort. They have been there several times and are 'Forever Lovers'. We decided what the heck, why not? Yes, it was like we arrived at a Motel 6 set back in the 70's. We were warned by our friends of the look of the lodges so we were prepared. The ameneities IN the room make up for it though. I couldn't wait to get in the heart shaped tub. It really wasn't all that great though. I did however enjoy the pool in the room and wish I had one at home! The bed was not as comfortable as I thought it would be. The decor is very outdated but who cares. We called it Cheesey Romance! The comedian they had the one night was great and the band was awesome! We found the waitresses at the club to be very nice and attentive. We did have a small problem with the air conditioner in our room, but they did send someone over right away to look at it. The food was very good and if they didn't have something on the buffet you could ask for it and they made you anything you wanted. Overall the staff was very nice and we loved the fact that you can either walk to all the ameneties or you can call the Chariot for a ride which is free. We stayed 2 nights and had a blast! We are planning on going again next summer and probably every year after that. I do hope that eventually they upgrade some of the features in the room though.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank tbjohnson1971
Reviewed August 21, 2009

We went to the Pocono Palace for a nice relaxing honeymoon and got just that. We were upgraded even before we arrived. The staff was there just to please us and help us out greatly enhancing our stay. We were happy though that we had seen the bad reviews on the hotel so that we were not expecting a very up to date and beautiful room. But we got everything we came there for - a romantice get away in a fun filled suite with loads to do on the actual grounds. One tip though is bring your own bubble bath and candles it really adds the perfect touch.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank joyeNj
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marshalls Creek
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
#2 of 2 in Pocono Manor
Bushkill Inn & Conference Center
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsbu...
#4 of 7 in East Stroudsburg
Budget Inn & Suites
Budget Inn & Suites
#2 of 7 in East Stroudsburg
Holiday Inn Express Stroudsburg - Poconos
Paradise Stream Resort
Paradise Stream Resort
#2 of 7 in Mount Pocono

Been to Pocono Palace Resort? Share your experiences!