“Great for a Getaway!! Would go back!”

Pocono Palace Resort
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Marshalls Creek
CT
“Great for a Getaway!! Would go back!”
Reviewed March 31, 2009

Me and My fiance stayed in the Garden of Eden apple room. we would recommend this room to others, and we would definitely go back for a weekend getaway. Don't believe all the negative reviews about this place, it all depends on your taste. We liked the fact that we could play music through-out the whole room even the pool area. I guess If we were nitpickers we would find one not-so-nice looking vent on the celling in our room but it didn't bother us, we didn't come to stare at the celling. Our room was very clean, everything we ate was good, and everyone was nice to us. If you want to sit alone at your meals all you need to do is ask the hostess to be seated alone, that's what we did. We also ordered an early breakfast in bed (breakfast sandwich & coffee*which they call 10 mins before they bring it to your room to remind you*) did some activities, and then went for a late full course breakfast in the dining room. we really can't complain about anything. If you have T-mobile for a cell phone provider don't count on having alot of service. we didn't get any service in our room but if we went to the main building we would get service there. We brought our own fire logs for the fireplace,candles,and bubbles.

4 Thank rapho627

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (386)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed March 30, 2009

I would definitely not recommend the Champagne towers. The champagne tub was dirty. The bed had stains. The entire decor was outdated. The housekeeping and room service is very slow. The refrigerator was dirty. Our stay was all inclusive. The food was crappy and service was very lousy. The hostess had lot of attitude. The worst part is they make you share a table at the restaurant with other couples (strangers)

36 Thank Travels_Connoisseur

Travelers are raving about these Marshalls Creek hotels

Elkton, MD
Reviewed March 26, 2009

This place was amazing, yeah it does have some wear but the staff was great and if their is a problem they take care of it. I overheard someone wanting a different room (not sure of the reason) but the staff took them and upgraded their room. It's all inclusive, the food was great, and the entertainment too. The breakfast in bed was a treat. Nice place to spend a romantic getaway with your husband or significant other. We loved it and will be back. There was so much to do, it depends on the person and what exactly they expect and want to do! The Lakeside was awesome to wake up to and the layout of the room was wonderful

2 Thank garykim04
jasper, al
Reviewed March 23, 2009

Like others, I was nervous after reading some of the reviews on here but was glad I ignored them. The resort is just as the pictures show, the staff was wonderful, and we received tons of free things for our honeymoon. We came home with about 6 bottles of champagne. The food was great. They will bring breakfast to your room for no extra charge. I would recommend if you are going to do the New York excursion, not to purchase through the resort. If you go to the bus stop you get your tickets alot cheaper. Other than that, it was a great honeymoon place.

2 Thank thejasperkeys
Maryland
Reviewed March 18, 2009

I wanted the perfect honeymoon to make up for the not so perfect wedding, and I got it. The resort is all inclusive, a must for being pampered to the extreme. You also get access to the other Caesars resorts nearby - full access. Some of the rooms show their wear a little more than others (as we saw on the resort tour), but the staff makes up for that in attentiveness and professionalism. The onsite restaurant is truly gourmet. The amenities are bountiful and available around the clock. The dining room setting places you with other couples (3 other couples per table) which had me worried before I got there, but since everyone is in such a great mood while here, it makes for great conversation and networking opportunities. if you are really looking for isolation with your significant other, you can request a private table for 2. this particular resort is couples only, so no loud, obnoxious kids ruining the romance. Spa services are available in room as well as breakfast in bed delivery each day for free. True, the delivered breakfast options aren't quite as robust as the dining room selection, but it was always fresh and filling (and private). The onsite bar/club had entertainment nightly as well as daily drink specials and free snacks in the afternoon. Perhaps it was because we arrived on a Monday and didn't have the weekend crowd, but check in was a breeze. no lines, no waiting. we even arrived toward the end of the dining hours and were allowed to eat prior to checking in so as not to miss the meal that night. Weekend crowds were heavier, but that didn't interfere with the superior service we had. This was definitely the type of place that spoils you and leaves you wanting more when you return to the *real* world.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
9 Thank tjgrable
Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 2, 2009

This was the WORSE place I have ever been to based on the price and everything. I wated months planning to come here. I saw the site and thought it would be great and it was the absolute worse place I have EVER saw!!! For the price one word can sumarize it TACKY. VERY outdated and NOT clean and falling apart. I cannot believe the hype for this place...it is terrible. I wasted TOO much time here and didn't get my 100 deposit back. Plus spent 45 dollars of gas and wear and tear on my car getting to a place in the middle of nothing. I have photos and cannot wait to post them. This is the worse resort of all time and I have been to a lot of resorts. There is nothing to do ther a VERY small snowmobile bath couldn't ice skate on the lake and the gym was not even as nice as a high school gym. HORRIBLE!!!!!!! Do not come to any of these resorts period......

19 Thank carriet81
Utica, Michigan
Reviewed February 28, 2009

We loved it! We can't wait to go back!
This is the perfect getaway for couples no matter what the occassion! At first we were not sure if we wanted to chance this place based on some of the other reviews. Then I thought to myself very few people will actually go out of their way to write a positive review. Think about when you here from others about a restaurant most people will tell all when it comes to a bad experience but won't tell all everytime they have a good experience. I would suggest if you want to go than go don't let strangers opinions change your mind.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank jazzy778
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marshalls Creek
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
#2 of 2 in Pocono Manor
Bushkill Inn & Conference Center
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsbu...
#4 of 8 in East Stroudsburg
#1 of 1 in Skytop
Mount Airy Casino Resort
Mount Airy Casino Resort
#1 of 7 in Mount Pocono

Been to Pocono Palace Resort? Share your experiences!