We recently had our 5th stay at the Pocono Palace. First 2 times we stayed in the Garden of Eden, then twice in the Roman Towers, this time in the Fantasy Apple. We are a simple, down to earth couple that enjoy just getting away and having some "us" time away from the kids.
1. Yes, the rooms and public areas are outdated. Doesn't appear to ever been updated since built.
2. Food is ok. I personally just like not having to cook. My husband likes simple but good food. (I say he is picky but....). He doesn't like chicken, is allergic to fish and isn't crazy about pasta. You have 4 choices for the evening meal (when there isn't a buffet): a red meat, a chicken, a fish and a pasta. The first night he liked the steak even though he thought it was a little colder than it should have been. The second night he said he didn't like the sauce on the meat .
3. There was garbage in the bushes and along the nature path. First of all, shame on the rude ignorant guests that left their garbage around. But PP also needs to walk the paths and have the grounds keepers help clean up.
4. Many repairs need done around pool, roofs etc.
5. In the fantasy apple suite we were in, the headboard was downright dangerous. The corners were very sharp. I hurt my hand the first night, very minor. But our last night there, my husband hit his head and bled like crazy. After we went home, he said he should have gotten stitches bc it bled for several days after. But he didn't want to spend our last night on vacation in the ER.
1. We LOVE the employees. We have gotten to know several of them in our stays there and its great to see them each time we go. All employees have been very helpful and friendly. One time, the cleaners actually called our room to make we didn't need anything since they were not able to come in and clean ( I had my headphones on and my husband was sleeping and we didn't hear them knocking). It was so nice of them and they brought over the new towels we said we needed.
2. Even though I listed food in the cons, we love the breakfast buffet. If you walk away hungry, its your own fault. There are so many different choices and you can order eggs from the kitchen if you want them a certain way.
3. The atmosphere and area is beautiful. We love just walking around the grounds and enjoying the scenery. We just feel good when we are there.
4. We don't always participant in the games they have but when we have, we have fun. They try to give you enough things to keep you busy. Between the rooms, swimming pools, boats, activities and just relaxing, we have never run out of things to do.
5. We have loved each room we have stayed in. There are different features that each have that we enjoyed. The balcony in the fantasy apple is my favorite though. It was wonderful drinking my morning coffee, watching the deer playing on the other side of the lake.
Overall we will definitely be back. We were told there is new mgmt that is hands on and big changes are happening. They have already have been replacing carpeting etc. We noticed vans with different repair men in different areas (they didn't disturb us at all though). We can't wait to go back!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The couples-only Pocono Palace Resort is ideal for a romantic getaway. Our resort has an indoor/outdoor pool and a 32,000 sq ft sports facility. We're near shopping, horseback riding, and skiing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, HotelsforEveryone, Hotwire, Orbitz, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Pocono Palace Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pocono Palace Hotel Marshalls Creek
- Caesars Pocono Palace Poconos
- Poconos Palace