I recently decided to plan a little getaway for my wife and I. After discussing with some family, we actually booked 3 rooms for the MLK weekend/weekday. All 6 of the guest are forever lovers, so we have had experience with this company before.
This was my first time staying at pocono palace. That resort is horrible. The staff is unfriendly, the waiters/waitresses look miserable, and the front desk staff doesn't have a lot of patience. When you book a trip to the "land of love" you are supposed to be wined and dined, we felt that no one wanted to be there.
I usually stay at Cove Haven resort, which is much better. The staff there is friendly, and the CXO (the person that guide the activities) Mitchell is very funny. The food is usually good.
At the pocono palace resort, we used the jacuzzi but unfortunately the smell of sulfic acid reeked throughout the room. Maintenance said this happens a lot, and just run the water and it's fine. We did, nothing happened. I spent over $1200 and basically had my blood pressure raise through the roof dealing with incompetent staff.
Last thoughts: Pretty expensive, try to find a deal. Don't stay at Pocono Palace, Cove Haven is better. We probably won't be returning to any resort because even though Cove Haven is better, it is obvious that they are trying to cut cost (closing the arcade area early on weekdays, closing their Lunch place during the week, which mean you have no where to get food except when you have breakfast and dinner)
I loved this place, and the idea of a getaway is enticing, but you can tell the new management is driving this place down.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The couples-only Pocono Palace Resort is ideal for a romantic getaway. Our resort has an indoor/outdoor pool and a 32,000 sq ft sports facility. We're near shopping, horseback riding, and skiing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Orbitz, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Pocono Palace Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pocono Palace Hotel Marshalls Creek
- Caesars Pocono Palace Poconos
- Poconos Palace