“Stay Away from Pocono Palace”

Pocono Palace Resort
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Marshalls Creek
Reviewed January 28, 2014

I recently decided to plan a little getaway for my wife and I. After discussing with some family, we actually booked 3 rooms for the MLK weekend/weekday. All 6 of the guest are forever lovers, so we have had experience with this company before.

This was my first time staying at pocono palace. That resort is horrible. The staff is unfriendly, the waiters/waitresses look miserable, and the front desk staff doesn't have a lot of patience. When you book a trip to the "land of love" you are supposed to be wined and dined, we felt that no one wanted to be there.

I usually stay at Cove Haven resort, which is much better. The staff there is friendly, and the CXO (the person that guide the activities) Mitchell is very funny. The food is usually good.

At the pocono palace resort, we used the jacuzzi but unfortunately the smell of sulfic acid reeked throughout the room. Maintenance said this happens a lot, and just run the water and it's fine. We did, nothing happened. I spent over $1200 and basically had my blood pressure raise through the roof dealing with incompetent staff.

Last thoughts: Pretty expensive, try to find a deal. Don't stay at Pocono Palace, Cove Haven is better. We probably won't be returning to any resort because even though Cove Haven is better, it is obvious that they are trying to cut cost (closing the arcade area early on weekdays, closing their Lunch place during the week, which mean you have no where to get food except when you have breakfast and dinner)

I loved this place, and the idea of a getaway is enticing, but you can tell the new management is driving this place down.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
RomanceManager, Manager at Pocono Palace Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2014

I am surprised about this reaction from our staff. We pride ourselves on customer service and this is not typical of our Team. I will be speaking to our Food & Beverage Manager. Also, please know that if Spooner's Cafe is closed, you can always order lunch from the Nightclub bar. While I understand that Pocono Palace wasn't for you, we hope for the opportunity to welcome you back at Cove Haven. Thank you for your feedback.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,081)

Reviewed January 26, 2014

Let me first say not every room has an indoor pool. The room we took was not better than any other cheap $50 motel room. We paid $320 for the night. Service was terrible and slow. The resort would nickel and dime you for everything... 2 Wood logs, bubble bath soap and cheap bottle of bubbly wine for $35. The pictures are very misleading and for the money I spent, I would have went to different place( or not gone at all). Breakfast and dinner were included but they were not top shelf, mediocre at best. I would not go to this place again.

Room Tip: Don't pay for the fairway rooms.
3  Thank Sam R
RomanceManager, Manager at Pocono Palace Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

We are very sorry to hear you feel this way, Sam R!
We hope for the chance to talk to you about you stay. Please consider emailing me at PoconoRomance@covepoconoresorts.com with a good time and number to reach you.

Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

This place has went downhill fast. My wife and I came here all the time when the place was owned by Ceasars. Now under a new ownership and management, the place is falling apart. It seems that they spend money on renovations for the higher class rooms, but leave the smaller cheaper rooms alone or partially renovated.

Our very outdated room had a 14 year old TV/VCR combo, two electrical outlets, shawdy furniture, and a fireplace with soot buildup.

I expected more from a resort that charges so much money for a stay. I've stayed in Holiday Inns that give you better quality than this, for far less money.

It seems that they don't about proper snow removal either. Snow, slush and ice all over the walking pathways and parking areas.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

We are very sorry to hear this is how you feel Troy G and we'd like to hear more about your stay. Please contact us at PoconoRomance@covepoconoresorts.com.

Reviewed January 25, 2014

Was first time staying at this resort, exceeded my expectations. Have previously stayed at Cove Haven multiple times over the years and have seen that resort decline (grounds not maintained well , buildings not asthetically pleasing, rooms need a facelift). wanted to try one of their other resorts. So glad we decided to try this Resort.

This resort is not a big as it's sister resort -Cove Haven, but it's beautiful. We went in October, so the autumn colors were absolutely stunning.

The Resort - nestled in a very quaint picturesque area, very well maintained property. Unlike Cove Haven which has several separate buildings for activities and Dining, Poconos Palace features one large main building that houses :Guest services, Restaurant , Lounge and Entertainment (all the activities --gymnasium/ pool, etc ).
There's much to do and the staff is very friendly and approachable.

All Inclusive resort : room/meals/ activities are included in the price -** ALL except alcoholic beverages (which can be quite pricey. So bring your own bottle of champagne or wine, to enjoy in your room, if you don't want to pay for drinks.

The breakfast buffet, was great. Dinner was choice of 2 different entrees. Would have preferred a buffet as well, that way more variety. Also, dessert menu left much to be desired. Breakfast was 2 thumbs up ,but Dinner needs improvement (more variety).

Entertainment ---was good. & fun. Local band- good music. Nice lounge.

Game room- large area on 2nd floor of the Main building. Pool/ billards/ air hockey,etc. all nicely maintained.

Rooms-- The best part of the stay. Roman Tower- This Resort's top of the line Room.
The room was fabulous. 4 levels- Highly recommend.

level 1- large living room area- with fireplace-- loved the decor.
level 2- pool - dry sauna. Have stayed in Garden of Eden apple before. Roman tower -pool is larger but not as deep 3 foot pool instead of 5 foot pool in Garden of Eden room ( however very narrow pool in Garden of Eden). Preferred pool in the Roman Tower.
Level 3- Champagne Glass Whirlpool- Loved it ! Nice and roomy - Whirlpool.
Level 4- Bedroom Suite- very nice. Round bed- was comfortable. Walk in closet,
mini fridge,iron /iron board also there for your convenience.
Bathroom was spacious- with double vanity - and glass enclosed shower.
complimentary toileteries: shampoo, soap,lotion-etc. Hair dryer in bathroom.

Loved the Roman Tower - Room. Next time we stay will book this accomodation.

Room Tip: ** check internet sites for discounts- Forever lovers discount is great ( once you have 3 stays you...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Kiki20995
RomanceManager, Manager at Pocono Palace Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2014

Happy to hear you found your spot at Pocono Palace, Kiki20995! The Roman Tower is as good as it gets - glad you enjoyed!

Reviewed January 23, 2014

First I'd like to say kudos to our sever Johanne! In all the 16 years I have been visiting Pocono Palace, he was the nicest, most personable server I have ever experienced there. Most are like drones, including front desk staff, but Matthew was cheery and had a smile. We stayed 1/16 to 1/19/14 in Lakeside Chalet 201. While I do not find the place that outdated, I do find it in need of a lot of maintanence. Each stay (usually twice a year) the food quality seems to go down and you have no option to stay without paying for meals. Of course there are mirrors and rope lights in room for "effect"... if you are going to have such things then see they are cleaned properly and more than 40% of lights work! Our bathroom light was difficult to turn on and stay on, sometimes we were in the dark after entering the toilet/shower room (although we did not complain during our stay). This trip I found our room over all very dark (at night w/ curtains pulled), also extremely dim lighting around the stone dinning room. If seated on the perimeter your shadow covered table that you couldn't see menu, food etc. The view is spectacular when dinning if your along the window, however at night you are staring out at blackness. How about throwing some lights on the lake? We enjoy the Pocono area and don't spend much time at the resort except to sleep/relax and eat our included meals. But lately we have been going out for breakfast due to poor selection for in room breakfast (breakfast sandwhich would be better if the "roll" was at least grilled/toasted) or a breakfast buffet in which your food is cold until you reach your seat in the vast dining room. (Breakfast food is hard to keep hot anyway). While we find the heart shape hot tub inviting we have found other relaxing options for staying in the Poconos and being able to choose where we eat. You pay alot of money to stay here and also in gratuities for bla service (except for Johanne) and poor maid serivce (don't like finding someone else's hair on arrival or having to call for towels because none were left). Oh, and the bedding (sheets/blanket) do not fit the bed. They only come about half way up and you must either pull them out or move halfway down the bed to sleep. Many of these issues where during quite a few stays and not just this one. While we have some good memories I'm afraid we will be moving on when visiting the Pocono area. If your not expecting a 4 or 5 star resort you might enjoy an initial stay to form your own opinion. (hot tub and lake view are the pluses).

Room Tip: Forever Lover for 16 years and our favorite is the Fantasy Apple, but the Lakeside Chalet's are...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
RomanceManager, Manager at Pocono Palace Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2014

Thank you for your feedback, lather66. Please know that I will be discussing your review with our management team. In the meantime, I'd like to hear more about your stay. Please consider emailing me at PoconoRomance@covepoconoresorts.com.

Reviewed January 23, 2014

I visited this RESORT and I was very pleased. I read comments and reviews was very concerned about visiting this resort. The staff was excellent and my room (diana oasis) was very very clean. I would definately visit this resort again. The food in the restaurant was excellent. I was pleased and would recommend this resort to anyone.

Room Tip: Just take your alcohol with you.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Thanks for the recommendation, Minty M!

Reviewed January 22, 2014

We have stayed at this resort before and liked it. We booked the Fantasy Apple suite, but was upgraded to the Roman Towers suite (we are Forever Lover's members and get a two suite upgrade, if available). The suite was so beautiful! For the price we got it for, you can't beat the Poconos. We go there every year for our anniversary. (we also have stayed at Paradise Stream and Cove Haven). Try it and you will not be disappointed!

2  Thank Lisa K
RomanceManager, Manager at Pocono Palace Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2014

Happy anniversary, Mr. & Mrs. Lisa K! Thanks for celebrating with us! Happy to hear you enjoyed the Roman Tower. See you next year.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Marshalls Creek
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
#2 of 2 in Pocono Manor
Bushkill Inn & Conference Center
Holiday Inn Express Stroudsburg - Poconos
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsbu...
#4 of 7 in East Stroudsburg
8 mi away
Budget Inn & Suites
Budget Inn & Suites
#2 of 7 in East Stroudsburg
Paradise Stream Resort
Paradise Stream Resort
#2 of 7 in Mount Pocono

Been to Pocono Palace Resort? Share your experiences!