“Pocono Palace was great!”

Pocono Palace Resort
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Marshalls Creek
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Was not sure what to expect, was thinking 1970's champagne glass honeymoon resort. SO much fun and great food, Staff was very friendly and room upgrade was given just for asking at check in (mid-week). From the parking lot might look like camping cabins, but this is the back of the rooms and the front was lake side and the room was really nice; hot tub, fireplace, fridge and comfy bed. Breakfast and dinners were included in our package and it was the only place we ate our meals at. The food was delicious and the staff attentive (felt bad that they were not getting tips - we tipped them). This trip was through Groupons so the price was great, not sure I would splurge for the full price listed on their web site. Lots to see in the area. We went to relax and unwind and this fit perfectly. I have to say again that the staff was GREAT ! ! Room also has a DVD player and their is a Redbox right up the road; as I said we went to rest so yes we stayed in and watched movies one day. The station there are limited and no info on screen; guess I am spoiled at home. If you want a fire in your fireplace they charge for the firewood ($7), but again you are close to a market that sells it for $4 and you have a fridge being that beer will cost you $30 a six pack. But go and have a blast...

Room Tip: We were in room 205 which was called Lakeside and it was roomy and had great water pressure in the s...
1  Thank Erica R
RomanceManager, Manager at Pocono Palace Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

Great photo of Echo Lake, Erica R! Thank you for the review.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,097)

Reviewed October 22, 2013

this is a great get away for forever lovers and we loved the rooms and before we left we asked to see the other rooms that we didn't stay in and with no trouble at all the showed them to us the staff were great and we will be going back every year Just loved the place

Room Tip: this is a great get away for forever lovers
1  Thank DonnaBurnaz

We love our Forever Lovers! Thanks DonnaBurnaz!

Reviewed October 18, 2013

This place clearly belongs to a different era- who has heart-shaped hot tubs anymore?- but so much fun! We went over a beautiful weekend so there was plenty to do from paddle boating to archery to swimming. The rooms were clean, if a little worn, although everything was in good working offer. The drinks were pricier than you'd expect, but I suppose with the free food they'd have to be. The clientele is on the older side, but all in all this is perfect for any couple who enjoys a bit of camp.

Room Tip: Round beds are fun, but not very comfortable for sleeping.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Alison C
RomanceManager, Manager at Pocono Palace Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Thanks for the review Alison C .Happy to hear you enjoyed the heart-shaped bathtub!

Reviewed October 17, 2013

If I had the option I would have rated this property 3.5 stars. There are several really great things about the property, and there were things that weren't really great, but they weren't bad either.

My husband and I decided to go to Pocono Palace Resort because of the Groupon offer. As my husband and I were looking through the Groupon Getaways my mom mentioned that she had a picture of my grandmother in a champagne glass hot tub, which is at the property. Although I wasn't trying to completely follow in my grandmother's footsteps, I figured if my grandma went and had a good enough time to be photographed in a hot tub, then I was in for a romantic weekend!

We selected the Fantasy Apple Suite because of the Jacuzzi and in-suite pool.

I read several reviews and was a little nervous, but I figured to just leave it to fate, and go on the damn long weekend with my husband. What is the worst that could happen?

After booking, I read several bad reviews and was very nervous. However, we are pleased to say that overall our experience was good, fun, romantic, and that there were no major downfalls to the place.

Although we had a great time, I would also like to point out that we used a Groupon, which was advertising a half priced rate for the Fantasy Apple Suite

We booked it at $239 a night, which after taxes and fees turned out to totaled $903 for 4 days/3 nights during the week. That is $301 a night using the Groupon. I'm not sure what the normal rate is, but I'm guessing it is upwards of $550 per night for our suite. I will tell you that although we enjoyed our stay, at that price, we will not be returning. Perhaps if there is another Groupon, or deal.

Décor- The décor of the property is quite outdated. I would say some of it shares my birth year (late 80's). The lobby itself made a bad impression. I understand this is not a five star property, but it reminds me of the lobby of the assisted living facility I used to work at. Essentially, the decorations consisted of Halloween stuff, which is kinda cute but...and the rest was glass cases full of the "Romance Add-ons" available for purchase like rose petals, truffles and champagne. The gift shop is small, although it has interesting stuff, even adult novelty items. Please refurbish the décor. The rooms, the lobby, all of that icky carpeting and the lighting. It could be beautiful!

The rooms were pretty much the same. In need of updates. The carpeting is so old and beat. Stains and the wall carpeting on the pool area is so cheesy. It is fun, but for $500 a night....

Customer Service/Staff

Again I understand, NOT a 5 star place. However, there is so much more that could be done with the place. Details really matter in the hospitality industry and most of the staff did not have the special something that makes you feel like you are in a resort/hotel.

I actually got a "I'm in the middle of something I will call you back." from the room service. It took about four phone calls back and forth to get our strawberries and cream and non-alcoholic champagne. And $70.

The cleaning staff was really nice though. I would say that considering the shape of the place and how old everything is ...they do a hell of a job of cleaning it.

Essentially, the staff was all nice and non-offensive. But no one went above and beyond.
There was one waitress named Milan (I'm almost positive that was her name.) She was very bright, nice, and actually knew the etiquette of waitressing! She was really the only person that really seemed experienced in the hospitality/customer service industry.

Also when dining they seat you right next to everyone else. For the "Land of Love" that is a little to lovey dovey with strangers for me.

Suggestions to Pocono Palace
1). Please refresh the rooms/lobby cosmetically. You have a great space and structure, it just needs a facelift.
2.) Branch out with your activities. The boat rentals/fishing/bikes/golf all that is so great! Capitalize on that and keep moving! Bingo is fun, but how about not in the bar? and perhaps not $5 a card. I really hate to say this again but a lot of those activities in the Hot Spot remind me of when I worked at the Assisted Living Facility. I know that you get a lot of mature customers, but as a 20 something visiting with her 30 something husband, we wanted more!. Perhaps get some yoga or Zumba going? Ballroom dancing? Salsa? Tango?

Alright enough with the bad, now for the good!

1. Food was surprising. And in a good way. My husband and I are Muslim, so we don't eat pork. We had two selection every night we could get, and we were able to customize our salad to exclude the bacon one night. We never actually needed to eat lunch because the breakfasts were so filling. Also one day they fed us lunch. All of the food was tasty, fresh, and varied. The portions for dinner might be considered small by some, but I hate wasting food so I thought it was just enough.
2. The pools/Jacuzzi and multi level set up of the suite allowed for some really romantic times. Just all the talk of romance and focus on it allowed us to indulge.
3. The lake and the boat rentals. Very fun fishing with my hubby. Some of the trout are tagged with prizes!
4. Proximity to other attractions. I suggest a visit to Bushkill Falls, which is right up the road. Ziplines, caves, horseback riding, and other great activities are right near. PP will also provide directions and discounts to some attractions.
5. Gameroom. Pool tables, arcade games, mini-golf led to lots of laughs and good times.
6. The focus on romance and love really gets you to think about things and slow down. But the extras are very pricey. Although I usually can't stand mark ups like this I actually feel like those extras actually provide more value for their money. Those extras could possibly turn a good night, into a great one. Strawberries and cream eaten in a heart shaped Jacuzzi, DO taste sweeter!

We did not try the spa, because it was very expensive. They only offer massages.

Hints- Bring bottled water and snacks. As well as candles, incense, or whatever "Extras" you might need. There is nothing in the room except tp. There is only a tiny fridge though. I imagine this is really only worth it if you need a romantic time with your significant other, and you require a Jacuzzi and indoor swimming pool to do so. It helps, it really does :)

I really feel that this place, pending a refresher could be amazing. We had a great time, and it was a beautiful season and weather.

You never know what life holds, but I think my $500 a night could be used in a different way. But yet again, there is always Groupon!

Room Tip: The Fantasy Apple Suites have a private balcony over looking the lake, as well as a Jacuzzi and in-s...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. So happy to hear that your stay was good, fun and romantic! I will be sharing your suggestions with our resort manager and CXOs. We would love the opportunity to welcome you back. If you decide to return, please don't hesitate to email me at PoconoRomance@covepoconoresorts.com.

Reviewed October 17, 2013

We had a bad experience with asking for seating arrangements with another couple for the night time show, where the front desk staff person gave us a hard time about seating all of us together. We have been "Forever Lovers" for many years, and we were treated like second class citizens. We were told that the seating was "pre-arranged" and could not be changed under any circumstance. After an embarrassing exchange, she finally gave in, and gave us inferior seating in the back of the lounge for the show. This is not what we come to expect when we come to any of the Caesar Resorts.

Also, the rooms could use some freshening up (painting, new wallpaper, carpet cleaning). For the last few years, all three resorts seem to be getting run down, and not being completely maintained. The temperature of the room was hard to regulate, and the radio/stereo did not work (only a low volume static was heard through the ceiling speakers in the various rooms). The Bose system is very nice for the TV, however.

While we love the Poconos and the Caesar resorts overall, we will have to reconsider future stays, unless there is some noticeable improvements. Cannot complain about the food, and it has always been more than enough.

Sorry for being harsh, but the reality is for the cost, we would have liked to have had a stress-free vacation.

Room Tip: Roman Towers are good, but facing the lake (versus the golf course) would have been much better.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
RomanceManager, Manager at Pocono Palace Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2013

I am sorry for this reaction from our team member. It is not normal practice and I take these comments very seriously. We love our Forever Lovers and want everyone to have a romantic, stress-free getaway. We hope for the opportunity to welcome you back! If you would like to talk to someone in the meantime, please do not hesitate to email me at PoconoRomance@covepoconoresorts.com with a good number and time to reach you. Again, I apologize for the issues you encountered and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

Cons: Pictures are deceiving. Stayed in the Champagne Tower Suite and it certainly was outdated. Review by 'travel294' below, says it all. Overpriced for what you are expecting.

Pros: The resort had a lot of activities to choose from although we did not get to experience them firsthand due to time restraint. The area in which the resort is located is beautiful, especially the Bushkill Falls Hiking trails during this time of year. If you are with your significant other, you may want to visit the The Crossings Premium Shopping Outlets off of Route 80 to spend a night away from the resort. Great shopping center

Room Tip: A cheaper room would be worth your stay. At least you will still get a whirl pool.
2  Thank Erik2888
RomanceManager, Manager at Pocono Palace Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback. As you mentioned, we do have several suite styles to choose from. We hope you return to experience those accommodations.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

We stayed here for two nights for my birthday. I've had a cleaner room and more comfortable bed in a cheap motel room. Considering that for the two nights I paid almost $1,000 I expected to be blown away. We stayed in a champagne tower suite. The bed was so uncomfortable we both had trouble sleeping and when we did we woke up in pain. I think the couch would have been more comfortable. The champagne glass whirlpool is made of cheap plastic. The private pool was the only good factor about our room. When we checked in our room wasn't ready, despite it being past check-in time and the hotel being half empty. The bathroom gets a sulfur like smell when you use the hot water. There is only one small window in he entire suite and its in the living area where you enter. It makes it a little claustrophobic. Some of the amenities are nice and the breakfast was okay. Didn't try the dinner buffet. I would never stay here again and wouldn't recommend it to anyone. it is not worth your money!!!

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank travel294
RomanceManager, Manager at Pocono Palace Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

We are very surprised to have received this review as guests’ well being and comfort is our priority. We'll check out the beds and make sure they are comfy.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Marshalls Creek
#5 of 8 in Stroudsburg
Bushkill Inn & Conference Center
8 mi away
Quality Inn - East Stroudsburg POCONOS
Quality Inn - East Stroudsburg P...
#2 of 7 in East Stroudsburg
Baymont Inn & Suites Bartonsville Poconos
Paradise Stream Resort
Paradise Stream Resort
#2 of 7 in Mount Pocono

Been to Pocono Palace Resort? Share your experiences!