“Surprised”

Pocono Palace Resort
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Marshalls Creek
Reviewed October 10, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here for three days on a lark when we bought a last minute Groupon. We read the mixed reviews, and we were quite nervous. Sure, there's a heart-shaped jacuzzi in the room, but...we were pleasantly surprised. The staff was friendly, the food was tasty, and the room was clean. The Groupon was for the Fairway suite, but they upgraded us to the Lakeside Chalet, which was in a better location. I am VERY PICKY, so I stunned myself when I had no complaints! We will certainly stay here again!

1  Thank LooLooNYC
RomanceManager, Manager at Pocono Palace Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2013

Thanks LooLooNYC! We look forward to welcoming you back.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,091)

Reviewed October 10, 2013

My main issue is cleanliness. To spend 500 on a suite that's dirty is absolutely unacceptable. I had the champagne tower room and my pool had chunks of dirt sitting at the bottom of it and the sheets had stains on it. I will also say the pictures look nothing like the actual inside. Aside from the room the activities were a joke. Our paddle boat barely worked and got us stuck in the middle of the lake as we had to use our hands to push us back to the dock. When we checked into our room she wrote down the wrong room number which was such an inconvenience to have to walk back and forth and the outside of the rooms is a story on its on. They look like dirty maintenance building and their were cobwebs all over the front of our room. Even after the disappointment of the overall experience, we had high hopes for the strip steak dinner. Well my steak was unedible and the other couple that we were with couldn't even put a knife thought it. It was absolutely disgusting. But that's not all, not only was the food terrible the waitress was completely inappropriate. She was flirting with my bestfriends boyfriend and made them so uncomfortable they left mid dinner. A couples resort is supposed to spark the romance again not make it worse. I wouldn't recommend this place at all which isn't shame since my boyfriend and i were really looking foreword to it.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank Milo1986

I’m very sorry to hear your getaway to the Land of Love wasn't 100% perfect. This is not usually the case. We’d love the opportunity to speak with you about your experience. Please consider emailing us at PoconoRomance@covepoconoresorts.com.

Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

I was pleasantly surprised how nice a stay we had had Pocono Place. My husband and I were celebrating our anniversary. It was a last minute decision and I read Trip Advisors reviews and had my fingers crossed.
The staff was great. The property was well maintained and despite the age, the rooms were well kept.
The food was great and the activities were fun . We had a very nice time. Thanks to all at the resort for making a quick get away very memorable.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank danelle68

Happy anniversary danelle68! Thank you for spending it with us. Hope to see you again.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

Ever since the resorts lost the "Caesars" affiliation, everything has IMPROVED greatly. Pocono Palace is no longer a 'tacky love hotel of the 70's/80's ' but an Elegant romantic resort. Stayed in the Roman Towers - PERFECT- cannot say enough about the room. The in room pool was a nice size. Not small at all. (garden of eden apple room's pool is very small ) The whole trip was Perfect. There is so much to do at the resort that is INCLUDED in the price - no additional fees - Carriage rides - speed boat rides - paddle boats - bike riding - many sports. The grounds were well maintained. We visited at peak fall season. colors were great. Resort was decorated tastefully for Halloween - did not take away from any romance. All staff was pleasant and professional. Not enought people know how many improvements have taken place. Do not be misled by negative comments. Make your own opinion. We loved our trip and will return.

Room Tip: Roman Towers - their top of the line rooms - and well worth it !!!! the g
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
RomanceManager, Manager at Pocono Palace Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

Very happy to hear you you loved the trip and will return! Thank you for the excellent review. We look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

This place may look ok by the photos and was probably good in the 1980s, but the service is awful and the place is dirty. We were supposed to be there for 4 days, but left early because the staff did not clean our room at all. Even when we asked for our room to be cleaned the staff came to our room, used the toilet, didnt do anything and left fresh towels on the concrete walk outside the room.

The first day we arrived we were supposed to have champagne with two glasses as an "add-on". The glasses and champagne were delivered; however the glasses were cracked and dirty. When we called the front desk to get new glasses; we had to call twice in an hour to get someone to show up. When someone did show up they said they had no glasses left and gave us plastic glasses instead. 30 minutes later they showed up with two glasses and demanded the plastic glasses back. We said we were using them and they walked off annoyed. We returned the glasses to the front desk later.

We were disappointed at the lack of scenic views, the dirtiness of the place and the cheesiness of the events. They have an MC at dinner asking you to clap for the waitresses. The food, especially the steaks were lousy.

The only fight evening we had was when an outside comedian came in.

Don't waste your money here. This place needs updated and the service and staff need upgraded.

Room Tip: Make sure your AC works in your room. our AC did not. Also, be prepared for the a light to be perman...
3  Thank lopper30

We are very surprised to have received this review as we make every effort to take care of our guests’ well being and comfort. It is not normal practice and we take these comments very seriously. Please send your name and the dates of your visit to PoconoRomance@covepoconoresorts.com so that we may address these matters.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

Normally I don’t do online reviews, but after reading some negative reviews of all three Cove Haven Resorts I had to say something. I believe that some people are never happy about anything and just love to bring everything down with them. As my beautiful bride says “they would complain if you hung them with a new rope”.

With that out of the way, we have stayed at all three resorts and are forever lovers, and have never been disappointed with any of our stays. This stay was for my bride’s birthday, and it was great to meet a smiling face and cheerful person at the front desk when we got there after our GPS decided to take us down 30 miles of back roads with closed bridges. We were ready for some much needed R & R when we got there.

We stayed on 9/27 -9/30 in a Fantasy Apple this time and all we can say is wow. I’m not sure what we liked the most, the glass floor looking down to the pool, or the private deck overlooking the beautiful lake. The room was clean and did not smell like some previous reviewers complained about. Remember people, it has a real fireplace, not a gas one, so there will be a different aroma to the room, which we love!

Dinner each night was great, Thursday was international food night with a nice selection of things to try. I highly recommend the asiago cheese ravioli in the red pepper sauce; it is out of this world! The Chicken Cordon Blue comes in a close second. Saturday night’s steak night is just what it means, either a NY Strip or a Rib Eye steak cooked to your liking. I had the strip and my wife tried the rib eye, both where tender cooked perfectly (trust me, my bride has sent steaks back that were overcooked at different restaurants we have eaten at) and the flavor was perfect. Sunday night I had the Chicken Marsala and my bride had the Flank Steak and both were very flavorful and cooked perfectly.

Breakfast was good with the standard foods eaten for breakfast, but they did change a few things around each day so it was not the same

And now the staff, they are the best, during dinner and breakfast our glasses and coffee cups were never empty and the plates were taken from our tables as soon as we were done with that course of our meal. The waitresses in the lounge and the nightclub also made sure our glasses were never empty for long either. Our rooms were always cleaned early and nicely done. My wife joked about them hiding in the bushes by the pool and when we went to breakfast, they scooted over and cleaned the room. Everyone always said hello with a smile, and the CXO’s Dina and Rob are a hoot.

They are updating the rooms, we took a tour of the rooms and the Roman Towers all have new carpeting in them, and we noticed on Monday morning that they were in the process of having new carpet put into the Fairway Suites.

Finally, if you do not enjoy yourself here, it’s your own fault. There is so much to do and see that your day will be full, if you like it that way, or you can just relax and do nothing, or look for all the little things you can write bad reviews about. How about all you naysayers just stay home and find all the things wrong in your own home and spend the weekend fixing them, and leave these GREAT Resorts alone.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Bill C
RomanceManager, Manager at Pocono Palace Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

Bill C, than you so much for this amazing review. Our team is delighted that you had a wonderful stay with us. We all look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed October 1, 2013

As forever lovers we again went to Pocono Palace. A great place to relax and unwind. You can relax in your room or do the daily activities. The food and the servers were AWESOME. They really go out of their way to make you feel important. Garden of Eden room is the BEST. Can't wait for our next trip

Room Tip: fireplace in the bedroom "romantic"
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gilky99
RomanceManager, Manager at Pocono Palace Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2013

Congratulations on 23 years! Thank you for the awesome review. <3!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Marshalls Creek
Holiday Inn Express Stroudsburg - Poconos
Paradise Stream Resort
Paradise Stream Resort
#2 of 7 in Mount Pocono

Been to Pocono Palace Resort? Share your experiences!