“Great Experience...cant wait to go back!!”

Pocono Palace Resort
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Marshalls Creek
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Please don't let the negative reviews stop you from trying this hidden gem. We spent three days in the fantasy Apple suite last week for our anniversary and had a wonderful time. The entire resort was spotless from our room to the restaurant and night club, and I'm a hard sell on clean.... The food and service were fantastic and we enjoyed the amenities and couples activities that were available. This was our first stay and we will definitely be returning.

Room Tip: Ask if there is a free upgrade available. Many times they will give you a better room!
1  Thank mrsmizz22
RomanceManager, Manager at Pocono Palace Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Thank you mrsmizz22! See you next time.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

My husband & I just celebrated our 28th Anniversary. We have been coming to the Poconos Resorts for years (Forever Lovers) and have stayed at every one of them, including the Brookdale (which is now closed). Our stay at Pocono Place was great. The food was excellent, the service, and our room was nice (Champagne Towers). However, the thing that keeps me away from the Poconos is that they really need to UPDATE, UPDATE, UPDATE. As someone said we are living in the 21st century and paying the price of a 5 star hotel. So there should be amenties and upgrades to go with the price. With that said, I love the fact of an all ADULT resort, the pool in the room (our fav) and the seclusion that we get. My husband and I live very active lives and need some downtime. I will definitely go again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Happy 28th anniversary! Thank you for celebrating with us. Very happy to hear you'll be back.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

We love Pocono Palace. The staff is GREAT, friendly, helpful and entertaining. We go there a couple of times a year. It is nice to get away and be able to enjoy the peace and quiet of nature. You can get as involved in the activities as you want, but if you don't want to, nobody pressures you or bothers you. The food is good, not exactly five star dining, but good for an all inclusive deal. Breakfast is my favorite meal. The grounds are really nice, we like to spend timing walking the nature trail and enjoying the lake. Some of the rooms need to be updated, but overall the amenities are nice. My favorite is the Fantasy Apple, with a pool, suana, hot tub, balcony overlooking the lake. You never have to leave your room if you don't want to. Dana, the CXO is awesome, so much fun (as long as you are not a prude LOL). All the staff bend over backwards to make sure you have everything you need and are very friendly and pleasant. The nightly specials in the bar are GREAT! Gina, one of the bar waitresses, will get your drinks and she is awesome, so friendly and pleasant. Our favorite waitress, Catherine, is so helpful, she knows what you need and want before you do! It is just a wonderful, relaxing, peaceful vacation. So nice to get away, with no kids (yours or anyone else's). The entertainment is good also.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Love your review. Thank you Theresa M! <3.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

Stayed 9/16/13- 9/18/13
We are Forever Lovers & this is the 1st time we have been disappointed with our visit to Pocono Palace. When we called to make our reservations, 3 days prior to arrival, we asked the pro/gift shop ( Mary-Ann), what condition the golf course was in. We were told "Good Condition". When we went out to play golf, the 8th hole was closed without signage indicating that it was closed and most of the greens were unplayable. The information we received was fraudulent and we were deceived. We met with Lisa in management and informed her of our dissatisfaction.
We told her that we payed an additional fee to play golf & had been assured the course was in "Good Condition". We were not told that there were only 8 holes and that most of the greens were dug up by animals, leaving them unplayable.
In conclusion, not only do we feel that the information we were given was incorrect. We were deceived and had to pay extra for the privilege. We wish they had a HONEST Phil there.

The rest of the stay was great.. Thanks to our server Dani. CXO Rob and a special thanks to Shaun in engineering, who helped us get into our room when our key did not work and made us both feel safe by the numerous questions he had to make sure it was our room... Good job Shaun

1  Thank Robert E
RomanceManager, Manager at Pocono Palace Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2013

Very happy to hear that your stay was great. Thank you for bringing the golf course to my attention. I will be taking a look at the condition and speaking to our maintenance team about your review.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

I took my boyfriend here a month ago just for a long weekend away. Though it seemed that we were probably the only gay couple staying in the resort, we were treated no different than the other guests. We stayed in the Fantasy Apple Suite and the room is awesome. I mean, a heated pool and sauna in your room? How can you not??
We rented bicycles and rode around the grounds of the resort, which was actually quite beautiful. It was surprising how many amenities and activities there are for you to do! Simply exploring everything the resort had was an activity in itself.
The food was also surprisingly good for an all-inclusive deal, a lot better than I was prepared for. The staff are amazingly friendly and helpful and go above and beyond to make your stay relaxing.
If you don't mind a little bit of cheesiness (the rooms have just the right amount but it's kind of funny when you really take it all in) and aren't looking for something at the very height of luxury, you'll definitely have a good time. I'd totally go back.

Room Tip: The Fantasy Apple Suites have a lake view from their terrace in the back. So if you're looking f...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
RomanceManager, Manager at Pocono Palace Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Love your review and pictures Isaiah N! Happy to hear you'll be back! See you next time.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

Whenever we go to the Palace we always have such a great time. There is always so much to do. The CXO's are nice. The food is very good. We enjoyed the comedian and the live band. The magician was great as well. I always recommend this place to everyone.

Room Tip: I always recommend getting a room with a pool.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank brooke081404
RomanceManager, Manager at Pocono Palace Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

Thanks for the recommendations brooke081404!

Reviewed September 16, 2013

I have to say I love the poconos and I love the idea of a couples resort! I've been to poconos palace one time and cove haven once... Had a great time enjoyed no kids and meeting other couples. Having all the areas of activity is great... But I'm 25 yrs old with a baby and decided my husband and I would go for 1 night on the weekend and enjoy ourselves. It is what you make it for sure... All the decor ideas are great if you actually lived in the 70s!

Food... As long as I can eat it .., I'm happy and I can't complain the food was good and the Buffett breakfast was pretty delicious. Now the margaritas on the other hand were outstanding!!

The room.... I stayed in the champagne tower and... It was ..nice? I showered and there were dead bees in the light above me for the price I paid I expect clean clean clean! The jacuzzi was cloudy nothing like the pictures... And the pool had a plastic wrapper in it from a lotion bottle..I don't expect perfection but for $500 for 1 night I expected more cleanliness.

Over all it's nice to get away and now with a baby it's even nicer to have a night out and I don't know if I would go back. For my demographic updates need to be done iPod compatible update on the couches and bedding. Activities need to be replaced with newer updated equipment. We are all adults going .. not 10 and going to destroy everything. Gift shop was cute but Im kinky and in the naughty section I'm not exactly willing to spend money on a toy from the late 80s early 90s this made me thankful i brought my own protection!! Who knows the last time those were restocked with the amount of dust they collected.

It's ashame that I love the idea but don't know if I'd over all pay the amount I paid to go into a time travel... WE ... THE 20+ AGES ARE YOUR NEXT GENERATION OF FOREVR LOVERS!! Updates need to be done for our age demographic. Being a marketing major this could be a gold mine x 200 if just simple updates were made.

I have questioned myself on purchasing a groupon for the poconos palace a few times and keep passing it up just due to the outdated part. Overall resort is friendly and it is nice you don't need to leave ..everything is right there. But next time we decide to go to the poconos we plan on staying at Mt Airy we don't gamble but its up to date and the entertainment is more age appropriate for us. Sorry but I know I'm not the junky one to complain about these particular things. With the amount of money paid per night I don't understand how you couldn't afford to at least get new equipment and couches.. At the least! On another note I'd consider staying at cove haven again but am going to give paradise stream our last try with CHER.

• Stayed: July 2013

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experiences. Our Guest Services manager has tried reaching out to you to. We hope you visit us again!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Marshalls Creek
#1 of 1 in Skytop
Mount Airy Casino Resort
Mount Airy Casino Resort
#1 of 7 in Mount Pocono

Been to Pocono Palace Resort? Share your experiences!