“a charming relaxing escape”

Pocono Palace Resort
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Marshalls Creek
New York City, New York
“a charming relaxing escape”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

I took my boyfriend here a month ago just for a long weekend away. Though it seemed that we were probably the only gay couple staying in the resort, we were treated no different than the other guests. We stayed in the Fantasy Apple Suite and the room is awesome. I mean, a heated pool and sauna in your room? How can you not??
We rented bicycles and rode around the grounds of the resort, which was actually quite beautiful. It was surprising how many amenities and activities there are for you to do! Simply exploring everything the resort had was an activity in itself.
The food was also surprisingly good for an all-inclusive deal, a lot better than I was prepared for. The staff are amazingly friendly and helpful and go above and beyond to make your stay relaxing.
If you don't mind a little bit of cheesiness (the rooms have just the right amount but it's kind of funny when you really take it all in) and aren't looking for something at the very height of luxury, you'll definitely have a good time. I'd totally go back.

Room Tip: The Fantasy Apple Suites have a lake view from their terrace in the back. So if you're looking f...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
RomanceManager, Manager at Pocono Palace Resort, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Love your review and pictures Isaiah N! Happy to hear you'll be back! See you next time.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (378)
Sunbury, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Whenever we go to the Palace we always have such a great time. There is always so much to do. The CXO's are nice. The food is very good. We enjoyed the comedian and the live band. The magician was great as well. I always recommend this place to everyone.

Room Tip: I always recommend getting a room with a pool.
1 Thank brooke081404
RomanceManager, Manager at Pocono Palace Resort, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Thanks for the recommendations brooke081404!
Reviewed September 16, 2013

I have to say I love the poconos and I love the idea of a couples resort! I've been to poconos palace one time and cove haven once... Had a great time enjoyed no kids and meeting other couples. Having all the areas of activity is great... But I'm 25 yrs old with a baby and decided my husband and I would go for 1 night on the weekend and enjoy ourselves. It is what you make it for sure... All the decor ideas are great if you actually lived in the 70s!

Food... As long as I can eat it .., I'm happy and I can't complain the food was good and the Buffett breakfast was pretty delicious. Now the margaritas on the other hand were outstanding!!

The room.... I stayed in the champagne tower and... It was ..nice? I showered and there were dead bees in the light above me for the price I paid I expect clean clean clean! The jacuzzi was cloudy nothing like the pictures... And the pool had a plastic wrapper in it from a lotion bottle..I don't expect perfection but for $500 for 1 night I expected more cleanliness.

Over all it's nice to get away and now with a baby it's even nicer to have a night out and I don't know if I would go back. For my demographic updates need to be done iPod compatible update on the couches and bedding. Activities need to be replaced with newer updated equipment. We are all adults going .. not 10 and going to destroy everything. Gift shop was cute but Im kinky and in the naughty section I'm not exactly willing to spend money on a toy from the late 80s early 90s this made me thankful i brought my own protection!! Who knows the last time those were restocked with the amount of dust they collected.

It's ashame that I love the idea but don't know if I'd over all pay the amount I paid to go into a time travel... WE ... THE 20+ AGES ARE YOUR NEXT GENERATION OF FOREVR LOVERS!! Updates need to be done for our age demographic. Being a marketing major this could be a gold mine x 200 if just simple updates were made.

I have questioned myself on purchasing a groupon for the poconos palace a few times and keep passing it up just due to the outdated part. Overall resort is friendly and it is nice you don't need to leave ..everything is right there. But next time we decide to go to the poconos we plan on staying at Mt Airy we don't gamble but its up to date and the entertainment is more age appropriate for us. Sorry but I know I'm not the junky one to complain about these particular things. With the amount of money paid per night I don't understand how you couldn't afford to at least get new equipment and couches.. At the least! On another note I'd consider staying at cove haven again but am going to give paradise stream our last try with CHER.

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experiences. Our Guest Services manager has tried reaching out to you to. We hope you visit us again!
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed September 16, 2013

We havent yet been to Pocono Palace but we did stay at Cove Haven & loved it so much we booked our stay at Pocono Palace for next month. Everyone is very friendly, great food & wonderfully romantic Atmosphere.

Room Tip: We loved the rooms with the pools :)
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thanks Nicole S. See you at Pocono Palace next month.
Bayonne, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed September 16, 2013

I have been coming to Pocono Palace for years. My husband and I are forever lovers because we have been here more than 3 times. We, now, get discounts with no compare. This all inclusive resort has abundant food with breakfast, happy hour and dinner. I am stuffed every day. The entertainment is great. The property is beautiful. This is a great getaway only an hour from us. We have 2 trips already booked to return. This is horse and carriage rides, swimming, Jacuzzi, archery, basketball, racquetball, etc. There is no reason to leave the property during your stay. I LOVE this place. I came in my 20s and still enjoy it in my 30s and see people in their 70s. Every age is welcome!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Great photo of the lake Renee D! Thank you for the wonderful review! See you soon.
Reviewed September 12, 2013

This was our fourth stay at these resorts, but it was our first trip since it is no longer under Caesars management. We have been to Cove Haven, Paradise Stream and this was our second trip to Pocono Palace. We chose to come back to Pocono Palace again because even though it is a smaller resort than Cove Haven, we simply had the best time at Pocono Palace. There have been some changes since our last trip.

The rooms are still great, which really is the point of going. We have always stayed in one of the rooms with a pool, either Garden of Eden Apple or Fantasy Apple. This time, since we are "Forever Lovers" we got upgraded to the Roman Towers. We were excited about this, and the room was very nice. However, I wouldn't pay the extra money to stay in the Towers. The Champagne Glass Jacuzzi is really for show, the heart shaped tub in the other suites is much nicer. The Fantasy Apple still has a pool and a balcony, making it the better choice for us. The rooms did have flat screen TV's, which I believe is an upgrade from our last stay. I hope they continue to upgrade the technology in the rooms. An I-pod compatible sound system and in room Wi-Fi would be great improvements.

The resort now only offers in room breakfasts on the weekends, which was a disappointment. They also stopped the Champagne breakfast. The dining room has ample tables for two. I was very pleased to see this. It always annoyed me when we had to sit at a large table with other couples that we didn't know. The breakfast food in the dining room was standard fare, but it was good. The dinner was mixed. The first night I had chicken marsala. The chicken was moist and flavorful. Not a five star meal, by any means, but compared to the food you would expect at a catered event, it was slightly above average. The second night we had the catfish. It was a real disappointment; it was overcooked and bland.

The service in the dining room was disappointing as well. First, it was ridiculously slow. We were there on a Monday and Tuesday night, and the resort was far from full. When the waitress explained the salad of the day, she failed to mention that there were nuts in it (I have a nut allergy). It was so long before we saw the waitress again, that I gave up on getting a replacement salad, my husband just ate mine too. It was also very difficult to get drink refills.

The resort still has plenty of activities. There are pool tables, ping pong tables, indoor mini golf, paddle boats. It really is what you make it. Overall, with the exception of the dining service, we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
RomanceManager, Manager at Pocono Palace Resort, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Great photos. Thanks for sharing. Very happy we were able to welcome you back as official Forever Lovers! I will be sharing your review with our Dining Room & Kitchen Team Members. Very happy to see that overall you enjoyed your stay! Look forward to visit #5!
Waterford, Connecticut
Reviewed September 12, 2013

We had a great time. Front desk was A+ as they always are. Dinning room staff was also spot on. Rob keep everyone up beat and engaged in all the activities. The only down fall of the 4 days was the live entertainment or lack of was bad or was the same comedy acts we have seen 5 times before. So this lead us to leave the resort and go out to mount airy. So instead of exstending our say one night we stayed at mount airy the last night. Hope this is not going to be the standard as we do love the resort. We use to come every to months but have not done this for the last year do to the lounge ent. The gift shop has very little in it now and the pocono palace coffe cups we get everytme are no longer stocked. there are three island where the coffee cups were but only have a couple on each one. No more callies candy or pizzelles for sale. The room was alway great and the food was good also.

Room Tip: Bring your own coffee pot
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks for your feedback Mercuryct. I have already shared it with our entertainment director and gift shop manager.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marshalls Creek
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
#2 of 2 in Pocono Manor
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,401 reviews
Hampton Inn & Suites Bartonsville
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsbu...
#4 of 8 in East Stroudsburg
Skytop Lodge
Skytop Lodge
#1 of 1 in Skytop
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,143 reviews

Been to Pocono Palace Resort? Share your experiences!