“Fun Getaway!”

Pocono Palace Resort
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Marshalls Creek
Reviewed May 23, 2013

My wife and I just arrived home from a few days here. Was a quiet and relaxing mid week vacation. We booked a fairway room on groupon but when we arrived they were nice enough to offer a room upgrade to a garden of eden apple suite. The room was nice, we enjoyed the jacuzzi tub and the pool within the room. There was also a sauna but we didn't use it at all. Thought the food was pretty good, you get soup, salad, choice of beef, chicken, seafood or pasta, and dessert. At least that was the menu the 2 nights we were there, so unless you are extremely picky you should be able to find something. I do agree with a couple of the other reviews that they could speed it up a bit, dinner did take us at least 1.5 hours both nights. Breakfast was self serve and there was a good selection.

As for the activities, they have a daily schedule set up for couples to participate in. A different activity every hour during the afternoon and they change up the activities daily. You can also choose to do your own thing whether it's boating/fishing, golfing, biking or enjoying your afternoon in the room. Upstairs in the main building they have several pool tables, air hockey, ping pong, mini golf and arcade games if you enjoy those types of things.

We also enjoyed the entertainment in the evening. We heard some good live music and played sexual fued (family fued but questions were about sex, guys vs. girls) which was pretty fun. The only thing I would really complain about is the drink prices.

All in all we had an enjoyably stay. We drove from Michigan and would do it again! If you're looking for a ritzy/snobby resort then this isn't the place for you. If you want to enjoy a fun/romantic getaway with your significant other I would recommend Pocono Palace!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
RomanceManager, Manager at Pocono Palace Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2013

So happy to hear you had a 'fun/romantic getaway!' Thank you for your review and we look forward to seeing you again!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,091)

Reviewed May 21, 2013

Once again we experienced a great few days away from work! Mid week special's can't be beat. The staff here makes you feel very special! Breakfast and Dinner included, great meals at both times. Not far from shopping, casino's and flea market (weekend). A must for sure!
Alaina

Room Tip: Lakeside and Fantasy Apple rooms the best
2  Thank Alaina L
RomanceManager, Manager at Pocono Palace Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Thanks Alaina!!

Reviewed May 14, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed a night in a champagne tower room through Groupon for around 320 dollars. That being said...I would not pay more than that for the room. Other than the price everything was great. The room itself was nice...everything was comfortable and seemed clean. My only concern is that because there is a steam shower, pool and champagne tub all leading to carpet areas there is some mold. I saw mold on the trim and along the edges of the pool and tub areas. The place is pretty old and needs some work but overall very nice and lots of fun.

The food was good...my only complaint was that dinner took a little longer than expected. The food itself was good but had too much sauce on everything. It was not a light meal.

The activities are fun - the arcade area has 12 pool tables, games, mini golf and pingpong. The games are not free though but you can bring alcohol in the arcade room instead of buying it at the bar downstairs for 5-15 dollars a beer/drink.

The entertainment was fun - the band was good and trivia was fun. Participating in the entertainment games like trivia or bingo gives you the chance to win a bottle of champagne. :)
We really enjoyed our stay and there is a lot to do besides hang out in the room. I would definitely spend the extra money for the nicest rooms because the cheaper rooms you only save around 75-100 dollars and you don't get much for it. You might as well spend a little more and get an amazing room. Groupon lets you do that without breaking the bank as much.

***Also, ask if they have late check-out...the lady working when we asked was so nice (all staff was great) and she asked when we would like to leave, I said around 12. That was no problem and regular check out is at 11 but when you spend that much on a room I do not think an hour or two extra is a big deal!!

Room Tip: Spend a little more and stay in the champagne tower...or get an upgrade when you get there. From the...
2  Thank J C
RomanceManager, Manager at Pocono Palace Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2013

Thank you J C. Hope to see you again.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

I cannot say enough about this resort. My husband and I had so much fun on our 3 day trip. From the moment we checked in, we were given a two room class upgrade at no additional charge and things only got better.

Breakfast and dinner were included and the food was really good. It's more on the fancy side..not what we are used to, but it was delicious.

Our CXO's Rob and Stanley were hilarious and they made our stay so much fun. The staff could not be more polite and courteous..they were always asking if they could help us with anything or if we were having a nice time.

My only issue is that the prices are a little high but we definitely got our money's worth plus some. This was our first time staying at Pocono Palace so we didn't know what to expect after having a tramatizing experience at a different resort 5 years ago. We hope to return again next year and I encourage anyone doubting this resort to try it and see for yourself. We had a blast and as I said before, we cannot say enough about how wonderful this resort and their staff are.

One last comment that I forgot to mention..the cleanlinessof our room and the property were excellent..we had no issues with any of that.

Thank you Pocono Palace for helping us create lasting memories and we will be back in the near future!

• Stayed: May 2013
5  Thank DWH7707

DWH7707, thank you for this wonderful, amazing review! And thank you for sharing your photos. Very happy to hear you'll be back soon!

Reviewed May 8, 2013

I paid almost $500 a night for the room and the power was out both nights. No credit was offered at all. Didn't get to use the champagne glass tub or heart shaped pool because of the lack of electricity. I know they have to make their money but they could have at least met me half way. Basically we sat in the bar by candle light the entire time

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Joe K
RomanceManager, Manager at Pocono Palace Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

We'd like the opportunity to talk to you about your stay Joe K. Please consider emailing us at PoconoRomance@covepoconoresorts.com.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

This resort isn't for everyone. We honeymooned at Ceasers Palace 15 years ago. We're in our 30's now and decided to relive that fun. Even though our tastes have matured and become more refined, we still had a great time. If you an uptight, nit-picky person, this isn't the place for you.

The Room: We stayed in the Roman Towers Suite. The building was nice, could use some landscaping and fresh coat of paint. The room itself was very nice, but TIRED! Could use some updating and fresh paint. The room was quite clean. No funny smells. I am a neat freak so I did notice some dusty corners, some cob webs, and a bug or two on the windowsil... but overall most surfaces were spotless. The towels and linnens were very clean and the bed was comfortable. We did have a sack of laundry sitting outside our door all weekend that housekeeping must have overlooked. TV doesn't have CABLE - that was a drag! Local channels only! It's ok though - we found other stuff to do!!

Daytime Activities: This isn't disney world. There isn't much to do, unless you are 10 years old. The mini golf was fun/ but kinda hokey. The game room was fun. Pool, ping-pong, skee ball, & arcade games. When I booked I told the agent that I chose Pocono Palace because I wanted to play golf, but when we checked in I was told it was closed until May 18th. That was disappointing. The pool was also not open (empty actually) but its still early in the year. Bike riding was fun, but I agree with a previous review.. riding aroung the resort parking lots is a bit boring - they should build a bike paths around the lake. Archery looked hokey so we passed. Driving range was pretty good. The lake was beautiful. Sunning on the beach, watching couples fish, with a bloody mary in my hand -- LIFE IS GOOD!. They have paddle boats, row boats and fishing gear.

Local attractions: On day 2 we took a drive to find a Red-Box to rent a movie. Very close to the resort is a grocery store and beer depot. We saw a few fun things to do locally - movie theatre, zip lines, a snake and reptile farm, and water bumper cars. The weather was great and we opened the windows and sunroof in the 'benz and enjoyed a nice drive. Found a red-box and headed back. I must note, however, the locals are a bit sketchy.. just sayin'.

Nightime Activities: The night club was fun. Awesome bar/ bartenders. They had a comedian both nights we were there -- and we had an awesome time! it was a lot of fun to get out. Unfortunately, the comedians were not at all funny. A few chuckles at best. But we had some drinks and laughed at the terrible jokes with another couple -- So bottom line we had a blast.

Dining: Breakfast and dinner were included. Restaurant staff was GREAT. Breakfast Buffet was awesome > food was 'very good'. Dinner Buffet on 1st night was 'pretty good'. Big selection of food and a carving station at the end. Roast beef was a little over-done. Overall not a 5 star dinner, but we found some dishes that were pretty good. Dinner on 2nd night was 'good' - Sit down/Menu style. Soup & Salad was great. My wife's Alfredo had a funny flavor. My steak was very good. Overall - not 5 stars but we left satisfied.

Bottom Line: We had a blast. Service was fantastic..every single employee we encountered was friendly and accomodating. Food was good. The pool in the room was small but FUN. We poured a few cocktails and soaked in the champagne Jacuzzi both nights. We steamed in the steam room, swam, and sat by the fire at night; sipping a cold drink and laughing. Lots of quiet together time to reconnect! That's what made this trip memorable. It's certainly not a Hilton... but I dont know if we could have had the same experience at a Hilton! It's what you make of it.

10  Thank FPC911

Thank you for visiting us again. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

The moment we walked in to the lounge, everyone (strangers) cheered for us as Newlyweds and made us feel so welcome. The room with the champagne tower hot tub and heart shaped tub was amazing. The food in the restaurant was delicious. We never made it to the entertainment, but I'm sure it was fabulous.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank LINDA H
RomanceManager, Manager at Pocono Palace Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

Congratulations LINDA H!!! Thank you for spending your honeymoon with us! Hope to see you again!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Marshalls Creek
Holiday Inn Express Stroudsburg - Poconos
Paradise Stream Resort
Paradise Stream Resort
#2 of 7 in Mount Pocono

Been to Pocono Palace Resort? Share your experiences!