My wife and I just arrived home from a few days here. Was a quiet and relaxing mid week vacation. We booked a fairway room on groupon but when we arrived they were nice enough to offer a room upgrade to a garden of eden apple suite. The room was nice, we enjoyed the jacuzzi tub and the pool within the room. There was also a sauna but we didn't use it at all. Thought the food was pretty good, you get soup, salad, choice of beef, chicken, seafood or pasta, and dessert. At least that was the menu the 2 nights we were there, so unless you are extremely picky you should be able to find something. I do agree with a couple of the other reviews that they could speed it up a bit, dinner did take us at least 1.5 hours both nights. Breakfast was self serve and there was a good selection.
As for the activities, they have a daily schedule set up for couples to participate in. A different activity every hour during the afternoon and they change up the activities daily. You can also choose to do your own thing whether it's boating/fishing, golfing, biking or enjoying your afternoon in the room. Upstairs in the main building they have several pool tables, air hockey, ping pong, mini golf and arcade games if you enjoy those types of things.
We also enjoyed the entertainment in the evening. We heard some good live music and played sexual fued (family fued but questions were about sex, guys vs. girls) which was pretty fun. The only thing I would really complain about is the drink prices.
All in all we had an enjoyably stay. We drove from Michigan and would do it again! If you're looking for a ritzy/snobby resort then this isn't the place for you. If you want to enjoy a fun/romantic getaway with your significant other I would recommend Pocono Palace!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pocono Palace Resort is romantic couples-only destination located in the scenic Pocono Mountains. Famous for being the birthplace of the heart-shaped whirlpool, it's also known for having invented the world-famous 7' tall Champagne Tower whirlpool. More than just romantic suites, Pocono Palace also features all-inclusive dining, numerous activities to enjoy at your leisure or with a social director,nightly entertainment with comedians, DJs, live bands, and specialty acts like hypnotists and magicians, plus other amenities with indoor and outdoor pools, seasonal activities, and headline entertainment featuring famous names from around the globe. A 32,000 square foot sports arena hosts many of the games and activities while the property sits on over 400 acres of land surrounding by a thick of trees, making for great opportunities for long walks with your lover while admiring the beauty of the Pocono Mountains. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, JackRabbit Systems, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com and Priceline so you can book your Pocono Palace Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pocono Palace Hotel Marshalls Creek
- Caesars Pocono Palace Poconos
- Poconos Palace