Our third trip to the Pocono Resorts. This time we tried the Pocono Palace. We have stayed at Cove Haven, Paradise Stream and now Pocono Palace. Since this was our third trip we are now Forever Lovers! We have gone every 2-3 years. It has never been a disappointment. We have liked more things at each resort then the other but truly it's a nice romatic get-a-way and for us it was just what we needed.
We enjoyed the flat area of Pocono Palace and not having to climb a GIANT hill to get to our room as you do at Cove Haven. I would say because Cove Haven is the biggest of all three resorts it probably has more to do then the other two. It also has the best food and entertainment. We loved our Villa at Paradise Stream. It had the newly famous blush bed and it was a seperate building so no one was right next to you. It also had a lovely back porch that overlooked a small lake. For our most recent trip to Pocono Palace please read more below.
We stayed in the Apple Fantasy Suite and highly recommend it. We loved having a pool in our room and being able to use it whenever we had the urge. I know lots of people would say...."Why pay all that money for a room with a pool when there is one on site?" Well, if you've ever had a romantic get away then you should know the answer. Pools in your room do not require a swim suit! The room has a blue hue and is super nice. The glass floor on the top floor as you walk in looks all the way down to the third floor where your private pool awaits. The heart shaped jacuzzi in the room is nice if you want a little relaxation while looking out onto the lake. We had a nice deck but it was too cold to sit outside. I would imagine in the summer and fall it's a super great room. The staff is friendly and will go out of their way to make sure you are happy.
There are two dinner themed nights. Friday- Fat Paulie's Italian Night and Saturday Strip night. Wasn't all that impressed with Fat Paulie's at this location but it was ok. Our first experience with that theme was as Paradise Stream and we were not that impressed either. We had been spoiled by our first trip which was Cove Haven and Strip Night
Strip night was a ittle disappointing at the Pocono Palace. The first one we attended at Cove Haven was a "new" thing. So we were looking forward to it but we were disappointed that they only had two steaks to choose from and a filet was not one of them. Our waitress was a bit on the cool side, rushed even though it wasn't crowded. Was disappointed we were not offered the signature steak sauce instead received A1. I don't know if she just didn't want to get the steak sauce because all she did was reach behind her at another table to grab the A1. My steak which was a NY strip was extremely fatty. That is why I always get the filet. Sadly not a choice this time. This is one thing that really needs to improve at the Pocono Palac for it has made our decision to go back to Cove Haven the next time.
I think the people who have rated their experience low on this site expect way too much. Sure it's a little out dated but it's FUN. It's an experience to be had by all! There were very young couples early 20's all the way to older couples married 49 years! My husband and I are both in our 40's.This is the most time we have spent in our room between the three resorts. We just enjoyed each other so much and that is what these places are for people! It is very clean. So what there a smudges on a mirror. Really? That's your complaint? If you don't like the round bed, there are suites that offer the "blush bed" which is a very nice SQUARE king size bed. However, it isn't available in all suites. We opted for the amenities we wanted which came with the round bed. Not my fave but everything else out weighed the bed issue.
Thank you Pocono Palace for a wonderful, romantic fun filled adventure. We enjoyed our stay and are looking forward to our Forever Lovers benefits!
Cheri & Tom
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pocono Palace Resort is romantic couples-only destination located in the scenic Pocono Mountains. Famous for being the birthplace of the heart-shaped whirlpool, it's also known for having invented the world-famous 7' tall Champagne Tower whirlpool. More than just romantic suites, Pocono Palace also features all-inclusive dining, numerous activities to enjoy at your leisure or with a social director,nightly entertainment with comedians, DJs, live bands, and specialty acts like hypnotists and magicians, plus other amenities with indoor and outdoor pools, seasonal activities, and headline entertainment featuring famous names from around the globe. A 32,000 square foot sports arena hosts many of the games and activities while the property sits on over 400 acres of land surrounding by a thick of trees, making for great opportunities for long walks with your lover while admiring the beauty of the Pocono Mountains. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, JackRabbit Systems, Hotels.com, Travelocity, getaroom.com, HotelsforEveryone, Priceline and Orbitz so you can book your Pocono Palace Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pocono Palace Hotel Marshalls Creek
- Caesars Pocono Palace Poconos
- Poconos Palace