Pocono Palace Resort
Paramount Motel(Stroudsburg)
$69
  • Breakfast included
The Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort(Shawnee on Delaware)(Great Value!)
$159
$101
Days Inn East Stroudsburg(East Stroudsburg)
$59
$160
$137
Staybridge.com
Pocono Inn At Water Gap(Delaware Water Gap)
$68
$53
Value Inn(East Stroudsburg)
$71
$69
  • Breakfast included
Quality Inn - East Stroudsburg POCONOS(East Stroudsburg)(Great Value!)
$116
QualityInn
Super 8 Stroudsburg(East Stroudsburg)
$115
$99
2,117 results
All reviewsfantasy appleroman towersget awaychampagne towerforever loversour honeymoonbreakfast and dinnerping ponggift shoppaddle boatsprivate poolromantic getawayheart shaped poolyear anniversarymini golfan open mindoutdoor activities
Reviewed January 8, 2013

My husband and I chose to spend our honeymoon at pocono palace. We spent close to $2,000 on this trip and basically this was for Buffett and a outdated run down room. When we arrived we asked if snowmobiling was available at cove haven. We were told no, and that it wouldn't be during our entire stay as they require. 3 foot base and currently had maybe a 1 foot base. We spent gas and $100 to go somewhere else to snowmobile. The next day the resort got 6 inches of snow and they were snow mobiling. So we were lied to by staff for this above problem. After the small snow storm we figured we would ask if cove haven, which is an hour away, was doing tubing. Two front desk staff told us yes, neither called to check. We drove the hour drive to cove haven for them to tell us they were not doing tubing that day due to not having enough snow. My husband and I were extremely upset. I called the resort number on the website to file a complaint and was told they couldn't do anything but that we could complain to a manager at pocono palace. When we returned to pocono palace we asked to speak to a manager and the director of housekeeping said that he was the mod and would handle our complaint. We explained to him what happened and he gave us passes to go to Shawnee for snow tubing. This really didnt make up for our time lost, but we accepted the gesture. When we got the passes from the front desk staff, who is the one who told us cove haven was doing tubing, she was rude to us and made it out as if she did nothing wrong. The next day we had already paid for couples massages at 1pm so after that we drove to Shawnee and waited in line to find out they were sold out and we couldn't use the passes. This was our only opportunity as we were leaving the following day. Waisting even more of our time on our honeymoon we drove back to pocono palace. My husband went in to give the passes back and was treated poorly by 2 different staff and no other resolution to our inconvenience was given. That night was New Year's Eve. We had several portraits taken and the Announcer said the pics would be available at 9am the next morning. We needed to get on the road by 9:30 and got there shortly before to pick up our pictures. The lady spreading them out yelled at me when I picked ours up saying the gift shop wouldn't be open until 10 and that we couldn't touch them until then. My husband and I wanted the picture so we decided to get coffee and wait. At 10 we walked back over there and she said it would be another 10 minutes before they were ready. I asked why we were told 9am and she snapped at me saying no one said 9. She said they aren't for sale until the gift shop opens. The gift shop should've opened at 10am and at 10:15 we were still waiting. I explained this is inconvenient for people who have to get on the road. She never apologized. The gift shop finally opened at 10:30. I can tell you I would never ever recommend this place. I feel as if we could have stayed at an outdated super 8 and had Golden Corral twice a day and spent 1/3 of the money that we spent. Nothing except food and entertainment was included and that was not worth the $2,000 we paid. Alcohol was insanely expensive. And if you didn't order 2 drinks with your meal at dinner or breakfast you wouldn't have enough to drink with your meal because there weren't enough wait staff for the volume of guests. my husband and I are disgusted that we gave our money to this resort. We would've spent twice as much to go elsewhere if we knew what we were getting ourselves into. We have never been so displeased with staff, accommodations, or all inclusiveness of a resort in our lives. And what is most frustrating is the staff made us seem like we were at fault. Not a great way to run a business.

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank Xty1184
RomanceManager, Manager at Pocono Palace Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

We are sorry for this reaction from our Team Members. It is not normal practice and we take these comments very seriously. Please send your name and the dates of your visit to PoconoRomance@covepoconoresorts.com so that we may address this matter.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

I am constantly shocked by the negative reviews. We stayed at the Palace for the umpteenth time for new years and had an absolute blast, as usual. The staff is great, the food is fantastic and the ambience can't be beat. It is not expensive in the least if you consider the in room and resort amenities and the fact that meals and activities are included. Drinks are not expensive either if you consider average hotel prices. If you are miserable and looking to complain then you won't have fun there or anywhere else. If you are looking for a great getaway with the one you love then you will have a blast. We have stayed in numerous five star resorts and it is still our favorite getaway. We go at least three times a year.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank alison t
RomanceManager, Manager at Pocono Palace Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2013

Thanks alison t! See you soon.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

Their main attraction are the hot tubs but we went there during winter time and there wasn't enough hot water to fill up the hot tub. Food was dry all over -- chicken and fish especially, and you can tell it was made as hurriedly as possible. The only good thing about the place is the night-time activity hosted by the MC who was very witty and funny during the games he hosted. And they have these awesome beds that shake when you do your thing with your loved one. It's pretty awesome.

REGARDLESS, there is no way in hell this place is worth 200 to 400 dollars a night. DO NOT GO.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank iamforreals
RomanceManager, Manager at Pocono Palace Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. Feedback such as yours is indeed important and taken very seriously for it is from these comments that we can take corrective actions.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

I absolutely loved it there. It was a great place just to relax and do things together as a couple. We stayed for 3 days and 2 nights and really didn't leave the resort. I loved our room, we went with the champagne tower. Your own pool, jacuzzi and I loved the led lights on the mirrored ceiling. They had a comedian and dj one night and then a game and a band playing the other night which was great. And there was also different activities throughout the day they had going on to. They also had mini golf, lots of pool tables, ping pong, rollerskating, gym, tanning beds, raquetball etc that was included in the all-inclusive, they did have a little game room but you had to pay for that but it was fun. They had carriage rides there although it was extra it was very nice. Breakfast and dinner were all good..breakfast was buffet style both days, dinner the first night was 4 choices and the last night was buffet. They have a photographer taking pics as well during dinner, you do have to pay extra to buy the pics. They also can have the photographer come to your suite and take pics(extra) but I highly recommend, I have gorgeous pics. They have appetizers as well from 5-7 for free. It is a bit pricey though but I thought it was worth it and def will go back. I really enjoyed myself and I thought it was a great couples getaway!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank h0ckeygirl36
RomanceManager, Manager at Pocono Palace Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2013

So happy to read that you loved it here and hope you return soon! Thanks h0ckeygirl36.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

My husband and I had for 5 years prior always gone to Niagara Falls for our anniversary in February, this particular year we wanted something different. It took me a LONG time to book it because there are a lot of negative reviews but eventually we decided to thinking that it would be a nice change and something unique to experience - we stayed in the Roman Towers. We did a special package where we got champagne, strawberries, candles, a log for the fireplace, and a carriage ride; there might have been a few other things included but I forget now. There were a few things that didn't work in the room, the jets in the pool, the stereo in the pool area, and the steam in the shower. I wasn't really too concerned with these things individually but it was just enough to add to my disappointment in the place. Also, the room has an odor to it; there is carpet everywhere and you can only imagine how many wet feet walk on this carpet and make it nasty. The bed is supposed to be their extra comfortable blush bed (I think that's what it's called) and it was THE MOST UNCOMFORTABLE bed I have ever slept on, I got ABSOLUTELY no sleep because of this horrible bed - this is my biggest complaint of the place. I read a lot of reviews of people hating the bed and was thinking that because our room had the extra special bed that it would be better but if this was supposed to be their 'better' bed, I'd hate to feel what their regular bed is like.
On our last night, the room next to us had their music BLASTING TO THE HIGH HEAVENS literally I felt like I was 2 inches away from their stereo. I called the front desk and after a few minutes it was turned down but again, this ruined another night of sleep, which I guess it didn't matter at this point because if it wasn't 1 thing keeping me up, it was another.
We didn't really take advantage of any of the group 'themed' activities as that is not something my husband was really into. But we did try to do the snowmobiling twice but they weren't running them either time because there wasn't enough snow, we weren't able to take advantage of the carriage ride either because of the weather. There were a few games upstairs, we played mini golf, ping pong, and the arcade games; we also walked the trail by the lake which was pretty. I think that was the most enjoyable thing we did the whole time :o/ We tried to ask the front desk for other attractions in the area but this place is in the middle of nowhere... nothing really to do and if there is you have to drive a ways. Maybe it would be better coming here in the summer when there is more to do; I have heard that there is a little more to do at Cove Haven than the other resorts but I won't be spending the money to find out.
The food was decent, nothing to get excited about but it was typical I would say of a mediocre all inclusive; each time we ate, we sat just the two of us.
Overall, I wasn't impressed and won't be giving Pocono Palace or any of the other locations a chance again; I can understand the romance of it all and that's why we chose to go there initially but after being there for a while, everyone just started creeping me out b/c you know what they're all there for......... gross.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lauren W
RomanceManager, Manager at Pocono Palace Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2012

I am sorry to hear that Pocono Palace did not meet your expectations. I would appreciate the opportunity to speak to you about your stay. Please consider emailing me at PoconoRomance@covepoconoresorts.com.