“Love the Newlywed game”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Marshalls Creek
ri
“Love the Newlywed game”
Reviewed April 2, 2008

We have been to this resort 7 times!!! Always a pleasure-the accomodations,food,service is exemplary. Certainly-the most romantic place in the world!! The only small fault we found this time was that the music was not stimulating. The evening entertainment was the SAME as we've always seen.Would have liked to see them shake it up a bit with different forms of entertinment. Some karaoke would have been nice, too. The comedians were o/k, but not great. We left the facility only for some different nightlif.e We'd prefer not to, though. Eric + Dina were the CXO"s-wonderful! The cook-Christina -went out of her way to accomodate special dietary needs-awesome!!! Even the gift shop lady who opened the shop at the last minute so I could get a much needed chapstick went out of her way. I am sorry I don't know her name ,tho. Thank you

• Liked — room with private pool and jacuzzi
5 Thank linedancer820

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (386)
delaware
Reviewed March 24, 2008

OK, how they can call this a paradise I will never know.
At $600 dollars for 2 nights I feel like I was ripped of!! Go somewhere else, all inclusive does not mean it has to lack amenities.
There was nothing to do!! By noon the first day we had roller skated (in the gym), worked out (on the THREE workout machines), went for a walk (which takes about a half hour), played video games (which you pay for), ate breakfast (which was fine), and walked around the whole facility.
Now to their credit when we went is not a great time, nothing outside is open. It is too cold for water sports and outdoor stuff and not cold enough for snow mobiling and snow tubing. OK, granted our timing was off, but the place was cheesy!
We stayed in the cheapest rooms, and thank goodness! I would have been furious if we had wasted our hard earned money on the 1970’s décor and the 6 foot high champagne glasses! Yuck, the rooms were dirty and weird.
First of all, the place used to be some sort of respectable mountain retreat, hence the cabins and the mountain lodge feel, but wait! Caesar’s bought it and of course felt the need to add roman columns to everything. Even our cheesy econolodge room had pictures of roman columns and wallpaper border with it on there. Weird, the dining room has beautiful wood walls and timber frame construction and then in the middle is this large Roman structure, very off. Really they ruined the ambiance of the place.
My husband picked this place because he wanted to go somewhere that would not have kids and we could just be together. Well, trust me, when you go you won’t want to do anything but hang out together at the bar. We wasted tons of money at the bar, which of course is where they make their money. Shysters.
The entertainment was cheesy and very cruise like. The comedian was wasted and just told jokes.

I will not be returning, more info why:
~Husband was covered in spider bites
~bathroom was the size of an RV bathroom
~Breakfast in bed is horrible!
~Room was pretty dirty, stains all over the carpet
~ sexual trivia, sexual feud, cursing by the employees and other such things because it is a “couples resort”, lots of tongue in cheek sexual humor.
~nothing to do during the day
~Room is straight out of the 70’s, more holiday inn than paradise
~Drinks at the one bar are extremely expensive $4.25 for a BUD! $7.50 for a martini, $9 for a glass of wine.
~dinner was mediocre and lukewarm, obviously this is not gourmet, but the desserts were frozen on the inside still and everything was a little off.

By the way, the lake was beautiful. When we were bored out of our minds we drove around. There are tns of lakes in the area...

Hey, go somewhere else, go to Vegas. You can get a great deal and have lots more to do, even if you don’t gamble.

• Liked — The view
  • Disliked — where to begin...
5 Thank dontgohereever

Travelers are raving about these Marshalls Creek hotels

Cleveland,OHIO
Reviewed March 16, 2008

We just came back from Pocono Palace today. All we can say that its a huge rip off!!! The room was dirty and smelly, and really small. We stayed in The Fairway room. We found a blood stain on the bed. It is supposed to be all inclusive, but you have to pay for all the drinks at the bar, and the games upstairs. We paid $675 for 3 days and 2 nights, and it is really not worth the money. There was nothing to do, and we were sooo bored. I would not recommend this place for a getaway. I belive there are more better and cheaper places. We would never go back there again!!
Food was allright. People were really nice.

• Liked — Gladiator Night Club
  • Disliked — Nothing fun to do during the day!
4 Thank BrianBrianna
Ozone Park, New York
Reviewed March 11, 2008

My husband and I just returned from a long weekend stay at Pocono Palace and I wish I were still there! We had an awesome experience from the moment we entered the resort area until the moment we left. We started off in one room, Garden of Eden, which had a beautiful red heart shaped Jacuzzi in it along with an in-room heated pool, round bed, fireplace, and Bose sound system. We finished our visit off in the Roman Towers, the famous champagne glass room :-). As if the rooms weren't incentive enough, the resort itself is located in a beautiful, scenic area bordered by a lake on one side, and includes activities such as skiing, snowmobiling, and a host of couples activities prepared by the resort (the Newlywed/ Not so Newlywed Game is a riot!). There was live music, a cocktail hour, comedians, classes on massage techniques, wine tasting. The staff and management are a big part of the reason we ended up feeling like part of the family, with any requests or questions we had being tended to quickly and warmly. As far as being seated with "strangers", which I know has been mentioned, we were lucky enough to have two other couples on the trip with us and were seated together for our meals. I will say though that sitting with new couples wouldn't have been a problem since it's nice to try something different and get to know other happily involved/married couples. I would definitely recommend this resort to anyone looking for a relaxing, loving time away from the daily grind.

• Liked — Beautiful rooms/scenery/food/activities
  • Disliked — Nothing
5 Thank stillinlovesince94
Maryland
Reviewed March 11, 2008

My husband and I went to the Caesars resort for our 7th wedding anniversary, and boy did we waste our money!

After a few days of swimming in the heart shaped pool inside of the room, my curiousity took control and I opened up the lid on the pool skimmer (with a great amount of effort to loosen it) and happened to find a pair of mens boxer shorts inside of it! We couldn't jump out of the pool quick enough! I called the front desk to report my findings, they sent a maintenance man to remove the underwear. He told us he would report the problem to management and they would contact us (they never did) and he also informed us that the skimmer is cleaned daily by the maid staff. If this is true, why did I have to force the lid off?

Here are some of the other reasons I would not return:
~Toilet area in the room smelled like urine
~sink kept over flowing when the water was on
~Breakfast in bed is horrible!
~Room was pretty messy
~Bugs in shower light fixture
~Infestation of nats and mosquitos on the golf course
~activities around the resort are a joke (though pool tables were very nice)
~Room is extremely out dated, for the money you pay this place it should be more up to date.
~During dining time you have to site with 4 other couples, unless you request a smaller table, which you will have to wait for. I went here for a romantic getaway, why would I want to sit with 8 strangers?
~Drinks at the one bar are extremely expensive
~the resort is in the middle of nowhere! Literally! After midnight forget about getting food! Nothing is open and they stop delivering room service. Room service really should be available 24 hours a day.

Ok after all the complaints, I really must say that the staff at this place is absolutely the best! Everyone is so friendly and accomadating. Also the food served in the dining room is really good. I have no complaints in that department.

• Liked — Food
  • Disliked — Price
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
3 Thank StacyMaryland
Hamburg PA
Reviewed March 7, 2008

Okay, so some reviews were correct. I posted back in October about my wedding and honeymoon when we stayed at Pocono Palace in September. That was a great stay with no complaints. However, this time is a different story. We stayed in the Roman Towers and had an Ant problem. I saw it posted by someone else about this as well. There were tons of dead ants in the pool area and by the second night there were ones that were alive. They were in by the pool, under and on the couch. The weather stripping on the front door was damaged and you were able to see light. I guess this is where the ants were coming in from. But the ants in the pool area were coming in a crack in the tile.

2 Thank netters1980
New Jersey
Reviewed February 29, 2008

I have recently stayed at this resort and have wanted to for years. After reading some of the reviews and knowing what a perfectionist I can be I thought I might have made a bad choice. However, this trip to this resort has become one of my favorite trips.

Without becoming too wordy, here is the scoop on this resort: the employees at this resort are extremely nice and welcoming, the patrons at the resort I also found to be quite friendly, the food was of high quality and taste, the entertainment and things to do here were awesome, and the Roman Tower room I had was very clean. I always saw the grounds folks cleaning up and keeping things in line.

I must agree that the resort needs to do some basic touch-ups in the room such as a little repainting and wallpaper fixes but I had no mold, no discolored fixtures, no bugs at all, or anything that appeared unsanitary and trust me I looked. I brought along with me my own cleaning supplies and did not need them whatsoever. The pool in our room was heated and made the room quite warm so I had the resort turn down the heat on the pool and I ran the airconditioner the whole time. Sounds funny doing that in winter but the airconditioner kept the room at a more pleasant temperature and I was fine. If the room became too cold, I just turned it off. The champagne glass tub takes alot of hot water so I ran out of hot water toward the end of filling it up. No biggie...the water was still enough to enjoy the tub.

I have to say that I stayed for two nights and found that it was all that I needed to have in the "Land of Love". However, looking back, I have to once again say that the staff really made things fun for the guests and really made my trip so memorable. This place makes you feel just like family and that you've been there forever. Definately checkout their daily schedule for activities in the bar area...these games are a hoot and adult in content!

Things to keep in mind: check-in is very true to their policy of 3:30pm or so, you can request at no charge to have your meals in-room if you feel like it, any extra food items you request the resort DEFINATELY accomodates so don't be afraid to ask, and bring your own snacks and alcohol since not much is open for late night eating around those parts.

As a last statement, just relax, have fun, and you will be rewarded by all the great things at this resort.

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — Nothing
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
#2 of 2 in Pocono Manor
Bushkill Inn & Conference Center
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsburg - Poconos
Staybridge Suites East Stroudsbu...
#4 of 8 in East Stroudsburg
#1 of 1 in Skytop
Mount Airy Casino Resort
Mount Airy Casino Resort
#1 of 7 in Mount Pocono

Been to Pocono Palace Resort? Share your experiences!