My husband and I decided that we were long over due for a weekend getaway without the kids as we hadn't taken one since our honeymoon. We read about how the resort is cheesy and a little outdated. We discovered that yes, the resort is outdated but it is actually not nearly as corny as I thought it would be. We arrived late on Friday and first went to our rooms. I was actually presently surprised by the rooms. We stayed at the Lakeside Chalets which has a great view of the lake and the better looking rooms from the outside. The room was large and roomy and included a heart shaped hot tub for two which was one of our favorite features of the resort.
We went back to the lobby and received vouchers for dinners at the Spooners grill because we missed dinner. The food there was ok at best. We watched a little of the evening entertainment and decided to check out the resort a little at first.
Throughout the weekend, we tried paddleboats, bikes, racquet ball, the pool, large hot tub, the sauna, the pool tables, and watched some of the entertainment. Dinner was very good and so was the breakfast buffet.
So the Pro:
1. The meals are very good about what you would expect ordering off the more expensive menu selections of places like Chilis, Outback, Chilis and places like that. We figured the meal probably would have cost the two of us $50 if we had gone out to eat. Saturday night had New York Strip and a dessert buffet including a make our own sundae bar.
We did go hiking in the Delaware Water Gap which I would recommend.
2, The large hot tub by the pool is nice.
3. The staff is super friendly and helpful about things to do in the area
4. The grounds are really beautiful especially the lake.
5. The place is very quiet and serene.
1. The price
2. It is not truly an all inclusive. If you want even soft drinks outside of meals, you have to pay for those. Firewood is extra, bubble bath is extra, any of the cool activities were extra, lunch was not included. And everything extra was really expensive.
3. On the second day the room did have a little odor.
4. The air conditioner/heat was rattly.
5. Somebody mentioned that there were a lot of activities and yes there were but it was lot of games like basketball, shuffleboard, and pool. There were not a lot of cool activities included like horseback riding was extra and you had to drive to it. We would do something for a little while and then say "ok now what?"
6. The entertainment could have been better. The comedians are very raunchy and vulgar so be prepared for that. At times they could be very funny though.
7. Everything needs a little updating. The felt on the pool tables is very worn and has holes in it. The golf course needed some work, the game room has very old games, and the gym doubles as the roller rink. The roller rink did not have my husband's shoe size.
8. NO free wifi
Overall, if this were a $200 a night place with everything that was included, I would have rated it as excellent, but at $400 or more a night, I expect more and nicer quality. It was fun, relaxing, and a great weekend to spend with my husband but for the price they really need to step it up and make it more luxurious. At those prices, i want rose petals on my bed, bubble bath, champagne and included carriage rides and a packed days worth of activities with choices not just a few things each day and pretty much the same type of thing.
If you do decide to go and this is your thing, follow the advice of people on here and pack everything to bring with you including
1. bubble bath
2. your own alcohol (if that is what you want to do)
3. your own fire logs
4. your own movies
5. snack and soft drinks (the room does have a fridge).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The couples-only Pocono Palace Resort is ideal for a romantic getaway. Our resort has an indoor/outdoor pool and a 32,000 sq ft sports facility. We're near shopping, horseback riding, and skiing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, JackRabbit Systems, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Pocono Palace Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pocono Palace Hotel Marshalls Creek
- Caesars Pocono Palace Poconos
- Poconos Palace