Pocono Palace Resort
Paramount Motel(Stroudsburg)
$59
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
The Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort(Shawnee on Delaware)(Great Value!)
$139
$99
Days Inn East Stroudsburg(East Stroudsburg)
$59
$170
Pocono Inn At Water Gap(Delaware Water Gap)
$68
$50
Value Inn(East Stroudsburg)
$71
$69
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
Quality Inn - East Stroudsburg POCONOS(East Stroudsburg)(Great Value!)
$80
QualityInn
Super 8 Stroudsburg(East Stroudsburg)
$55
$99
Hotels.com
2,111 results
All reviewsfantasy appleroman towersget awaychampagne towerforever loversour honeymoonbreakfast and dinnerping ponggift shoppaddle boatsprivate poolromantic getawayheart shaped poolyear anniversarymini golfan open mindoutdoor activities
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 26, 2011

My wife and i stayed the weekend of the 19th. We stayed in the Fantasy apple suite and yes the carpet was worn but clean. The room was everthing we had expected and then some. We read all the reviews and had doubt's about keeping our room or go to the islands. But we had a great time and have booked a weekend in may. The staff did everthing but give blood. The loby and night club were clean and up to date. The food on strip night was very good. Breakfast was the normal buffet. The room had a blue hue to it due to the sky light but gave the room a warm fell. We did take a tour of the other suites with about 10 other couples and i waited to see all there responses on each room and when they opened the door on the fantasy apple room the all loved it. Even the couple that stayed in the towers. One couple upgraded from edan apple to fantasy apple. We also were very happy with our room. We had a great view of the lake from the deck off the bedroom and enjoyed our morning coffee and view. If you drink coffee bring your own pot with you as the room does not have one. If you cant find the blow dryer when you arrive look in the dresser.

4  Thank Mercuryct
RomanceManager, Manager at Pocono Palace Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2011

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments! Our team takes a great deal of pride in providing extraordinary service to all our guests. We look forward to welcoming you back in May!

Reviewed March 14, 2011

My husband and I stayed at Pocono Palace in the Cleopatra Champagne Tower room. I was pretty much in tears as soon as I opened the room's door. The room was very run down and there were white stains all over the smelly carpet. And yes I smelled it and did not walk barefoot on it. The carpet needs a serious shampoo. The room was very outdated and looked like it was not updated since 1970. The couches were cheap and nasty and and the entire place had a cheap motel look to it. The champagne hot tub was see through and clear only after I cleaned it myself. The 2 person shower did not steam like described and it could barely fit one person let alone 2. The heart shaped pool's paint was peeling into the pool as is the wallpaper all around it. There were several brown stains on the ceilings. For almost $1300.00 for the weekend I expected a hell of a lot better. I would not pay more than $100.00 a night all inclusive. If it wasn't so far from our home and we had not already paid the babysitter and kenneled our dogs I would have turned back home. I called the front desk to ask if we left what would it cost us and her first response was "is something wrong with the room?" Obviously they are expecting that! I was very very very disappointed upon entering the 2nd most expensive room at Pocono Palace. So people please go elsewhere. It is your hard earned money and you deserve so much better. The only way I can see you anyone enjoying the rooms, 7 foot hot tub, pool or not, is if they are used to NASTY CHEAP RUN DOWN SIDE OF THE ROAD TRUCKER MOTELS! It looks nothing like the website or brochures make it look and it is nothing like the trip planner person on the other end of the 800 number you call to book you stay makes it sound!!! The food at dinner was gross and the hot breakfast food was terrible as well. The only thing I liked about that place was getting some alone time with my husband.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
7  Thank AudradavidCT
RomanceManager, Manager at Pocono Palace Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2011

We appreciate your feedback and apologize for the issues you encountered. We will use your comments constructively.

Reviewed March 7, 2011

It was our first anniversary and we decided to go to Pocono palace. This is a "couple Only" resort. I booked it at last moment (just 2-3 days ago) and did not know much about the place. But it turned out to be a fantastic experience, and we’ll cherish it for years.

Rooms: First, on checking in, they gave us free upgrade to Fairway suite. That was so nice of them, and my wife was so happy to learn that. You don’t get idea of room size from pictures, but size is ok for a couple. Rooms are clean, nice amenities and private in their own sense. They still have old TVs and refrigerators – but they works – and that’s what you want, right? Jacuzzi with whirlpool was awesome! And one thing that all ladies would love about these rooms is – there are lots of mirrors in room!

Activities: If you want to benefit from price you have paid for rooms ($$$ for sure), do as much activities as you can do on the resort! They had snowmobile in early march, which is wonderful. They have archery, also. In main building, they have mini-golf (indoor), billiards, table-tennis, different game consoles (have to buy tokens for these), badminton, racquetball, swimming, basketball…and what not. And all these activities are INCLUDED with your stay!! Many of these activities are 24 hrs open. We had a blast with these.

Food: Go after fasting of 1-2 days, they give LOTS of food! Breakfast and dinner in also included with your stay. You can have breakfast in room or in dining area – or BOTH. We had both, to explorer all varieties. One has to ask for vegetarian food earlier (may be at check-in time), but I was not aware of it. But still, they offered veg. food in dinner. And again, they were so nice and very much customer-friendly.

Overall, we were so pleased with out stay at Pocono palace. We did not get chance to participate in games and night shows, but that something you can try, too. They have nice gift-shop. The place and the staff of Pocono palace made our anniversary a wonderful memory for years to come. Thanks!

1  Thank rutansh
RomanceManager, Manager at Pocono Palace Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2011

Thank you for your very nice review. Comments like this are very heartwarming and motivate us to continue to provide excellent service.
We look forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed March 5, 2011

My boyfriend and I arrived on Monday. I read the reviews and was a little scared of the room smelling and possibly having bed bugs... I was thrown off because everyone's reviews were either really bad or really good. Anyway, room was clean- no odor and most importantly no bedbugs- that was a relief. The Fantasy Apple which we stayed in was really nice- yes the place was outdated- but the pool was fun and the hot tub- not a fan of round beds but what can you do. The fireplace was located right when u walked in which was pointless because it really should of been in the bedroom. The food and service was really great. One night the dinner wasn't that great but I'm sure I could of ordered something else- I just didnt bother to. They had different choices for dinner every night which was great. Breakfast was pretty good too. The all inclusive activities were a let down. The miniature indoor golf was a joke, they had arcade games that you had to pay for and half of them were broken. The pool tables were free and a lot of fun. Snowmobiling was a let down- hardly any snow- we rode in a huge circle. The games were fun- we actually won a free night- after playing a 3 hour game which was fun- and made me feel better about spending the ridiculous amount of money spent for the room. The drinks were a rip off- we spent over $200 on drinks for the few days we were there. We spent a lot of time outside of the resort to stay busy- went to Shawnee Mountain for snow tubing, we also went horseback riding, and a petting zoo. I am 27 and my bf is 29- we found that the medium age was about 40 years old- so we felt a little out of place- but as the days went on new ppl came and the age range was broader. Hope this helps. I wouldnt recommend this place for the price- unless you can get a really good deal. Also the fitness center has a total of 3 machines-- 1 treadmill for how many ppl? yeah dont plan on working out and using the equipment. We hardly slept because the ppl next to us had their tv on full blast till 2am one night and and one morning had their music on full blast at 6:30am... pillows werent comfortable.

1  Thank danifrani225
RomanceManager, Manager at Pocono Palace Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2011

We appreciate your feedback. We will use your comments constructively. I was glad to hear that you overall your stay was enjoyable. We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed February 28, 2011

Okay, I am from New York so a room for $500.00 a night I was atleast expecting something clean and sleepable. We decide to invite another couple that was celebrating a birthday weekend to my surprise, we had to leave within 5 mins BOTH ROOMS WERE DIRTY, OUTDATED. RUINED MY FRIEND BIRTHDAY AND MY VACATION TIME OFF FROM WORK.....We choose the Fairway suite room with the jacuzzi. I knew something was wrong once I pull up to the suites an saw how dirty it was, bags of garbage. The rooms were so dirty and smelly, bed was not made well and mattress was torn....the sheets were dirty, carpet had alot of stains. Bathroom dirty..Jacuzzi Dirty, dirty..I was so embarass!!! the funny thing is they gave us our money back with even asking much or apologizing... I guess they are use to it...lol

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank Shay032

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. Feedback such as yours is indeed important and taken very seriously for it is from these comments that we can take corrective actions.