“Great Food, Nice Place”
Review of Alaska Pete's

Alaska Pete's
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Alaska Pete's is a local favorite restaurant. We specialize in a great dining atmosphere, service and above all excellent food quality. Serving lunch and dinner, we are a casual and highly recommended restaurant. Full bar service, lots of televisions at the bar area to see your favorite sports.
Reviewed May 27, 2014

Great meal, cold beer and nice atmosphere. Bushkill Falls was PACKED the day we went and this restaurant was wide open! I don't get it! Hidden gem???

1  Thank David K

Reviewed April 25, 2014

Open 11am every day. Very nice decor. Prompt service. Food was served hot. We had the rack of ribs. They were very good.

Reviewed April 25, 2014

Enjoyed dinner this evening at Alaska Pete's. Our meal was served hot and everything was good. It was refreshing to have Rosie as our server. She anticipated our dinning needs and provided whatever was needed. A place worth a revisit the next time I visit Shawnee.

Reviewed April 22, 2014

Have been going to the Pocono area for years for various business trips and just recently have started to look at property in the area for personal use. As far back as I can remember I have always enjoyed my visits to Alaska Pete's. Have even gone out of my way to make sure I at least get one meal in at this great restaurant! The only thing I enjoy more than the food is the great staff and wonderful service. Always treated with great respect. A warm and welcoming place when your far from home.
Cliff S , Long Island

Reviewed April 13, 2014

This was our second visit to Alaska Pete's. We were there about 1-1/2 years ago and since we were visiting the area again, I was quite happy to see that the food quality and service had not changed. They have fresh burgers which puts them high on my list and the service was great. The waitress was very pleasant and very accommodating to answer questions regarding the building and furniture décor. The tables and chairs are local hickory wood, make by a local furniture maker with wood that was cleared from the area for a construction site. Unfortunately, Route 209 has changed in that area and you need to take the Route 209 BUSINESS when you get to the circle to stop @ Alaska Pete's - but it is definitely worth the stop. I sincerely hope that this establishment is not one that will eventually close because of a road change. It would be a sad day for the area.

Friccob434, Owner at Alaska Pete's, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2014

Greetings,
I would like to thank you so much for your kind review of our restaurant, Alaska Pete's. As we begin to celebrate our 15th year in business, I am proud to say that many of our staff and support staff have been with us since our opening. We strive to achieve the best dining experience for our customers with great food, service and a warm inviting atmosphere. We do this because this is "what we do" and your approval or may I say accolades, gives me as the president of the company a great feeling of accomplishment that I will relay to the employees of Alaska Pete's. Thanks again and hope to see you in the future.
Frank J. Riccobono