“Luckily we sat at the bar!”
Review of Alaska Pete's

Alaska Pete's
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Alaska Pete's is a local favorite restaurant. We specialize in a great dining atmosphere, service and above all excellent food quality. Serving lunch and dinner, we are a casual and highly recommended restaurant. Full bar service, lots of televisions at the bar area to see your favorite sports.
Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

We decided to dine here on our honeymoon stay in the area. When we walked in, we decided to head to the bar to eat as the Yankees game was on. Good thing we did! We had the pleasure of ring served by the bartender Erika. She was polite, friendly, attentive, and made our visit the best! However we were appalled when we saw that the busier it got, the more Erika had to do. He had to constantly leave her station to seat customers, handle complaints from irate customers who had been seated and yet to be acknowledged to be served. And as the hour passed, I notice a team of two to three managers seated across from us along the wall. And they had no desire to do their jobs. Nope. They sat and talked with one another, laughed loudly, as Erika clearly wet above and beyond. That ain't right. Then---they actually interrupted her juggling routine so that she cold bring them another round of beer bottles. Really?!?! I must say, although the surf'n'turf was delicious, the experience I witnessed disgusted me. Read other reviews---you'll see complaints of just what I saw and now you know why. It's like Orwell's Animal Farm up in there. Those with power sit high and dine while those who labor for little struggle to get the job done.

Friccob434, Owner at Alaska Pete's, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Dear Reviewer,

I am writing you today regarding the recent posting you submitted to Trip Advisor. I would like to thank you in advance for your excellent review of Erica and the quality and the food served to you and yours. Sometimes it is easy to sit back and be critical of the way a business or in this case Alaska Pete's operates. Our bartenders have a secondary job responsib ility to assist the hostess and are trained in all levels of the operation of the restaurant. Alaska Pete's "boasts" that we have the lowest employee turnover rates anywhere. There are several employees that are currently with us now that have been since we opened in 1999! I am proud of our employees and they are proud of Alaska Pete's. We have strived for years to give the consumer the best service, value,product and dining experience. We have been very successful doing so. By the way, the owners (me) was not sitting at any high top demanding beer! I do not drink. You must have been confusing other customers with "upper management". Next time you stop by, please ask for me. I can normally be found working on the hot grill.
Frank J. Riccobono
President
Alaska Pete's

Reviewed July 6, 2013

We ate here on our last day in the Poconos. The cheese sticks were cooked perfectly, so we're off to a good start. My kids ordered pasta and a cheeseburger with fries; we ordered ribs and steak with rice and broccoli. All was cooked to perfection, and we thoroughly enjoyed this meal. Our waiter was super nice, and filled our drinks right away. Wonderful experience

Reviewed June 29, 2013

I think they had to roll my family out the door. We ate here on a spring break trip to the Poconos and stay at Great Wolf Lodge for Spring Break. We went for a late lunch/early dinner and we nearly had the place to ourselves-so service was GREAT. My kids LOVED the bread, I think they brought us at least 4 loaves. The steaks were the best my husband and I had ever had, as well. I think I'd make the trip from New York just for another steak there. We will DEFINITELY be back!

Reviewed June 6, 2013

We usually eat at this restaurant when we are in the area. We have been there a half dozen times in the last 4 years. This time was one of the best meals we have had. I had the seafood platter and my husband had the crab and turf. they were both extremely good. We also find the atmosphere very comfortable and the service friendly. We had the same server the last three times we have been there. It's almost like coming home.

1  Thank Judi P
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Great food. Good prices. The waiter was a little strange, yet kinda funny. The atmosphere is cool. They have everything you could want on the menu. The stuffed flounder was amazing.