“My kids said it was the highlight of our Christmas vacation” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pocono Snake and Animal Farm

Pocono Snake and Animal Farm
More attraction details
Owner description: Celebrating our 46th year delighting children and adults alike with our unique animal and reptile facility. Everyone will enjoy this face-paced, compact and easy-to-do animal experience. Slow down and don't move too fast, or you'll miss some of our exhibits, like our featured 140-yr-old, 140 pound snapping turtle just around the corner from the admission booth. Our exciting private collection of live reptiles includes a Gaboon Viper, King Cobra, and many others. At our American Alligator pond you get to feed the gators in July and August(from a safe distance)! Visitors love purchasing food for the bear and monkeys(toss it to them and watch them catch it in midair!)and baby bottles for our pot-belly pigs and goats. Meet "Joey", the new baby wallaby we're raising, and our playful baby lemur is on view also. All in all, definitely a fun place to visit when you don't want to spend the day at a zoo!
Lompoc, California, United States
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“My kids said it was the highlight of our Christmas vacation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013

I read the reviews and drove by and expected it to be fun but a low value for the dollar. My kids (sons 10 and 12; daughter 14 years old) all said they really wanted to go, though, and they chose it over other attractions so I sprung for it. Boy am I glad I did!

It's not huge but it is bigger than I expected and it's great what all there is to see and do. My kids loved feeding the animals and I thought feeding the bear was awesome. We all had a great time and if we were to drive through the area again, I'd be sure to add a stop so we could return and explore it again. Very well worth the price of admission and, in my mind, that wasn't expensive. A great value!

Visited December 2013

Hicksville, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Well worth the trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2013

This place is great, they have some really nice reptiles and other animals, was very impressed how clean the place was, it is a little pricey for a large family for the amount of time you spend there but for me worth it,the money goes to help care for the animals and that's what is important, the workers there were great, very friendly and knowledgeable, make sure you feed the monkeys, would def stop in the next time in the area

Visited November 2013
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awsome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

Small family run place but it was awsome. We had a Great time, kids loved it & animals were so well cared for & the owners were so nice. A must do if in the area. The kids can't wait to come back to PA so we can go back again.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Unusual”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

This is a very interesting place. They have a variety of different things to see and interact with. It's a compact place. It's on the pricey side especially if you want to feed a variety if animals. Nevertheless, it's worth seeing.

Visited August 2013
New York, NY
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Don't go out of your way”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

I would not make a special trip to see this place. If you're in the area and have nothing else to do, sure. It's overpriced, small, and smelly. I understand it's not a zoo and we weren't expecting it to be, but you literally walk single file through a room of cages filled with snakes and small animals then a hallway with monkeys in small cages and outside to larger animals in small cages. I feel bad for the animals. I guess this place is better than dead on the side of the road or in a person's home, but I'm sure there are better places for them too. The place seemed clean for the most part, but it's really cramped and depressing. I would definitely not return.

Visited August 2013