“Don't let looks fool you”

Pocono Snake and Animal Farm
More attraction details
Owner description: Celebrating our 46th year delighting children and adults alike with our unique animal and reptile facility. Everyone will enjoy this face-paced, compact and easy-to-do animal experience. Slow down and don't move too fast, or you'll miss some of our exhibits, like our featured 140-yr-old, 140 pound snapping turtle just around the corner from the admission booth. Our exciting private collection of live reptiles includes a Gaboon Viper, King Cobra, and many others. At our American Alligator pond you get to feed the gators in July and August(from a safe distance)! Visitors love purchasing food for the bear and monkeys(toss it to them and watch them catch it in midair!)and baby bottles for our pot-belly pigs and goats. Meet "Joey", the new baby wallaby we're raising, and our playful baby lemur is on view also. All in all, definitely a fun place to visit when you don't want to spend the day at a zoo!
Reviewed October 13, 2012

From the outside it looks a little bit run down. Once you get in, your kids will love it. Our son goes 2-3 times a year and loves feeding the critters.

Reviewed October 12, 2012

It was beyond more fun than a zoo. Their staff was extremely nice and the sights were awesome. This place had rescued animals from labs, you can interact with the animals which were ALL very very cool and all around such amazing fun. I strongly suggest a visit if your in the area! Great Job, we will be back again!!!

Reviewed October 6, 2012

this place is cute for small children and adults. they have lots of snakes and reptiles to look at. but the best part to me are the monkeys and lemurs. they are in the back of the animal farm and you get to buy fruit and peanut cups. you get to throw the fruits at the monkeys, they get really creative and demanding its really fun to see. one monkey always hits the lock on his cage to get you to walk over and feed him. its fun to watch them catch the fruit. the lemurs are located on the way outside they are in plexiglass enclosures. they arent as much fun to feed because you put the fruit and nuts down a tube. they usually end up with a big pile in front of the hole of food. thats a good indicator to which ones they dont like. but the place is cute. i would really like to see the emu in a bigger enclosure he really doesnt look good. other then that i love this place and would totally recommend stopping. it should really only take an hour tops. :)

Reviewed August 29, 2012

This spring I brought my granddaughter to the Snake Farm in Marshalls Creek. My granddaughter had a great time, she feed the animals and enjoyed the antics of Fred the Monkey, the Big Bear the colorful parrot that said "hello" to her and of course her friends Diana the white deer and Trixie and Missy the goats. These are only a few of her friends that live at the zoo. Needless to say, Anna and I visit the Snake Farm at least once a month and she enjoys it each and every time. I certainly suggest a visit to the Snake Farm the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

Although most animals were in smaller cages than I’ve seen elsewhere, I’ll just give the most extreme examples. Right in the front door, there’s a massive alligator snapping turtle (hundreds of pounds) in a tank the size and depth of a Mr. Turtle pool. Outside, there’s one emu in a 10x10 enclosure. I just looked up emu husbandry and found this: “Emu are social birds, therefore the keeping of single birds is discouraged. Breeding pair – minimum pen size 26 ft x 66 ft. Pen size of 33 ft x 131 ft recommended. All enclosures should have one long side to allow for natural running behaviour.”

I get that they’re rescues, but that shouldn’t mean that standards for keeping healthy happy animals don’t apply to them.

Of course, my kids enjoyed it anyway. They were able to pet rabbits and guinea pigs and feed goats and potbellied pigs from a baby bottle – something we’ve never seen anyplace else.

2  Thank Haber