“Disappointing Mother's Day Dinner”
Review of Springfield Grille

Springfield Grille
Ranked #1 of 35 Restaurants in Mars
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Cary, North Carolina
“Disappointing Mother's Day Dinner”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

We often dine at Springfield Grille with friends or for special family occasions and have always been pleased. Seven of our family (including three Mothers) dined at Springfield Grille. The meal did not live up to our expectations or to past experience especially because two of three Mothers thought their meals were awful. Steaks were over-cooked. My medium steak was well done. The steak ordered well done was burnt to a crisp. The pot roast looked unappetizing and my Mother's opinion was it was tasteless. No one had a positive thing to say about their meals. Service was mediocre. The server was rushed and brusque. We will go back to Springfield Grille and give them a second chance as we all chalked the problems up to a Mother's Day rush. But a second experience like this one will result in crossing them off our list.

• Visited May 2013

North Hills, Pennsylvania, United States
“awesome food, great service, nice atmosphere”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

my title says it all, but the waitress was awesome and attentive, and the mussels, ahi tuna (melted in your mouth) and potato croquettes were all very tasty appetizers. The rolls were soft and warm and I especially loved the cornmeal muffins. The spinach, apple, walnut, bleu cheese salad was awesome. The codfish dinner and baked potato were great and my chicken stuffed with crab and asparagus were cooked perfectly. The vanilla bean creme brulee was absolute heaven.
The regular coffee was eh and the turtle soup was forgettable, but the latte was to die for. I would highly recommend this place. You will not be disappointed.

• Visited April 2013
Renton, Washington
“Great service, Great food, Eclectic Decor”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Springfield Grille is one of the go-to places for good food in Mars, PA. They serve amazing chicken dishes, made to order steaks and seafood, delicious cocktails and mixed drinks and yummy desserts. The ceiling of the one room is old-fashioned tin style. Artwork is old school with hunt scene prints and flowers. Taxidermied animal heads hang on the walls. The service here is friendly and efficient.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank JLFERG
Oakmont, Pennsylvania
“Ohh so good!”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

We had the pleasure of a most delicious dinner here recently. We sat in the bar area at one of the tables. Our waitress was courteous and helpful. I had the sea bass oscar which was so delicious and cooked to perfection. You know when you take that first bite, and just say ohhhhh my gosh, this is absolutely amazing! I like to say my taste buds were dancing! My friend had ahi tuna, which was very fresh and tastey as well. (I liked mine better, it was a lot richer though!) The atmosphere was very nice, comfortable and cozy. The music was enjoyable and relaxing. I had a chocolate martini--yummy....mixed to perfection. As you can tell, I really loved this place and cannot wait to return.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Bev F
“Nice!”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

We love this place. It's great for a date night with the hubby or a nice lunch with friends.
The food is delicious! The staff is wonderful.
This December we were able to book (last minute) our annual girls night out there. There were about 35 women and they had us in one of their party rooms. Our servers were the best. Food was served hot and yummy and shock...they permitted us to have separate checks!! We didn't feel rushed during the evening at all and we lingered quite awhile after eating to do our gift exchange.
The owners have other restaurants (The Log Cabin Inn, Rachel's Roadhouse, The Iron Bridge) each a little different but each worth the trip!

Visited December 2012