“Best bakery in the area!”
Review of Sweet House Bakeshop - CLOSED

Sweet House Bakeshop
Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

How do I start??? Well...you must try their pepperoni rolls, red velvet cupcakes and cookies, peanut butter cookies...you must try everything. They also bake for our fur kids! Service is always good and the quality is amazing. We are so proud of this local business! Try it!

1  Thank MaruStaab

Reviewed October 7, 2013

Two days ago I stopped in to the Sweet House for the first time and haven't stopped talking about it since! I'm convinced it is the cutest bakery in the burgh! It is an old house converted into a bake shop and is decorated with a vintage style that is so cozy you feel right at home immediately! I went with my mom and aunt and we each picked a bag full of goodies and sweets to share. The biscotti is two dollars each and is enormous!! The cookies are $1.50-$2 and are three times bigger than a regular cookie! The oatmeal cream pies are literally to.die.for!!! The homemade granola was so great on yogurt for breakfast the next day and was only $3 per bag which would be many servings. The seasoned nuts were tasty and I don't usually even like nuts, but I figured since everything else I had tried was out-of-this-world delicious I thought I'd give it a try and it was pretty tasty! There is a room with a couple chairs, a couch and a high top table with six chairs to eat there if you'd like.. And we enjoyed our treats there. I'd absolutely recommend this bake shop to everyone I know and I wish I lived closer because I'd stop in more often! Also--they had a great selection of beverages coffee/teas/flavored sodas for a very low price... Most $2 or less. We didn't try anything but will next time for sure! Other guests had lunch items as we'll--bisque in a bread bowl that smelled amazing and yummy sandwiches that were much fancier than anything you'd usually order at a restaurant.
Everyone raves about Bethel and Oakmont Bakery... In my opinion, this place is MUCH BETTER!!

YOUVE GOTTA CHECK IT OUT! Your taste buds will love you for it!

1  Thank sunshine15106
Reviewed February 24, 2013

I love this place. It's in a charming old house off the beaten path. It has so much charm, it doesn't have the look or feel of a traditional bakery. You almost feel like you are visiting a friends home. The baked goods are heavenly...I love the potato chip cookies the best! The cupcakes are always moist, the icing just right not to sweet with a good cake to icing ratio. My kids love the pepperoni rolls. We've yet to buy a birthday cake there but the gallery of photos are impressive!

They have a have morning starters (scones, muffins), great teas (the chai is my favorite) and lunch daily. For lunch you can get soup and a sandwich or soup and salad for only $5!! It's always made fresh and so tasty!

Me and my girlfriends meet for "tea and sweets" once a month. You walk into the adorable kitchen, purchase your items then you can sit on sofas or a table in the small old living room. It's cozy and such a nice break from Starbucks or Panera. My boys and I like to go in the summer for lunch and sit on the porch at one of the bistro tables.

They host parties where the kids can decorate a cake, so cool. Oh and they even have home baked treats for the dogs!

3  Thank BoyzMa