“Pleasant Surprise”

Comfort Inn Cranberry Twp.
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Mars
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I had stayed at this property many years ago and I wasn't impressed. I gave it another shot recently and things have come a long way. The rate for the area is about $30 - $40 less than they Hyatt and Hampton Inn in the same area. Based on a bad past experience, I would do anything to avoid the Candlewood Suites.
Pleasant staff really make you feel welcomed. Excercise equipment good enough and televisions and channels a huge upgrade from the last time I was there. Breakfast was pretty good as well.
Plenty of food options in the area - many within walking distance. Bedding was fine - no problem sleeping.
Overall, still an older property that shows it's age. However, I was impressed with the people working there - it goes a long way.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Comfort Inn C, General Manager at Comfort Inn Cranberry Twp., responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

What a great compliment! I am glad you are noticing all the changes we are making to remain the number one hotel in the Cranberry Township/Mars area. We are continuing to progress, and cannot wait to impress you even more!!!

Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

Two double beds, 2 seniors, 2 grandkids and a very small dog =i $125 before taxes - yikes! For that amount of money i was not expecting a patched hole in the bathtub, patched up wallpaper in the room, and wallpaper pealing in the lobby and hallways. Breakfast ok, loaded with carbs. Makes me wonder if there is any pride left? Or just too many travelers, making routine maintenence impossible?

• Stayed: August 2013

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a comment for us!! I appreciate all the feedback we get! The breakfast is mandated by Choice Hotels International. We do offer items such as yogurt, hard boiled eggs, and fruit. We are currently going through a room renovation, and stay competitive with our prices. I hope to see you back when the hotel gets completely done!

Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

Read the review of mine from motel 6. Across the street. Anyhow thank u for changing my mind on choice hotels everywhere I had a really bad experience (worse then motel6) a few years ago. But anyhow. Exceptional everything. Bathroom has hair from the previous. But still clean so I am not complaining. And I got a good night sleep in a clean room at a cheaper rate then the previous place. Definitely most pleasing. Thank u all just wish I was up in time for the breakfast. :). Thanks guys. Will be staying another time.

• Stayed: July 2013
Comfort Inn C, General Manager at Comfort Inn Cranberry Twp., responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

I am so pleased to hear about your wonderful stay! Also, awfully sorry for any bad stays you have had in the past!!! We strive to make sure we treat our guests right and make them happy while they are hear. It's great to hear that you got some good rest and saved money while doing so!! We can't wait to see you again!

Reviewed July 2, 2013

Stayed for one night during a visit to my mother-in law who was in a nearby hospital. The young lady who checked us in was quite pleasant and seemed to generally care that all of our needs were met. I do however get a feeling that not too many people of African American origin have stayed here or even visit this area. The staff treated us well and some of the other guest were very nice and friendly but there was just a feeling we got from the actions and looks of other guest that we should not be there or why were we there. Our room was clean and beds very comfortable. it was nice to have the WIFI and Cable and fridge and microwave( even though we did not use them). We were on second floor close to elevators but that did not disturb us as other reviewers have said. Again the staff was wonderful but I do not think we would stay there again. but thank you for the do unto to others as you would like to be done way that you treated my husband and I.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

I am very happy to see we were able to exceed your expectations during your visit with us! We strive to be able to give our guests the upmost service. We want all guests to feel welcome and part of our family. I am really glad that you had a great time, and I can't wait to see you in the future!

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Stayed for one night during a road trip. I have stayed in quite a few comfort inn's and this one is far better then most. The hotel lobby is new'er and has a hotel feel verses a motel. Each room has a fridge and microwave in it and beds are also comfortable. The bathrooms are actually clean and not ran down as i find in most comfort inn's. Free breakfast is also included and its got everything you need. There is a lot of other hotels in the area but price wise, this one wins if you are looking for a clean inexpensive room. Lots of restaurants in the area as well. Only negative thing was, the microwave was dirty from perhaps the previous guest. I suppose an oversight but it makes you wonder about the cleanliness. I would stay again. Front desk staff were super friendly.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

I am so excited that you have noticed all the work that we have put in place to make this one of the top hotels in the Cranberry Township area!!! We want our guests to feel comfortable and at home while they are with us! I'm sorry to hear about your microwave, and will definitely look into that situation immediately! Thank you so much for your response, and we look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed June 10, 2013

I stayed here a night while on a bus trip. Although the staff was very nice & professional, the rooms leave a lot to be desired. Curtain linings were worn & had holes. Linens were worn as was the carpet. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Comfort Inn C, General Manager at Comfort Inn Cranberry Twp., responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2013

I am so glad to hear that our team was exceptional, we strive on customer service! We are currently going through a room renovation with an all new bedding design!!! It's going to be amazing, I invite you back when this is updated, to see if your experience is a little better. We appreciated your tour group and are glad you got to stop here on your way!

Reviewed June 5, 2013

We chose this hotel from the coupon book we picked up at a New York Service plaza. We saved over $30 compared to a gentleman checking-in right before us. The room was large and clean with a king bed and terrific linens. The TV had a large flat screen. There was easy/fast Internet access. The breakfast bar was fresh and tasty. All of our staff interactions were friendly and professional. Everything was in good repair also. It was a little tricky getting to the hotel from the Interstate exit. We could see it but had to travel past and u-turn at a traffic light to get to it. There were concrete barriers so maybe we arrived while some road work was in progress. Overall a great experience. We have definitely decided to stick with Choice Hotels when traveling in the States.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Comfort Inn C, General Manager at Comfort Inn Cranberry Twp., responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

I am so excited to see that you had such a great stay with us!! It also pleases me that you love our hotel and are sticking with Choice! We look forward to seeing you again!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mars
Hyatt Place Cranberry
Hyatt Place Cranberry
#7 of 15 in Cranberry Township
Candlewood Suites Pittsburgh Cranberry
Candlewood Suites Pittsburgh Cra...
#12 of 15 in Cranberry Township
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh - Cranberry
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pitts...
#4 of 15 in Cranberry Township
Red Roof Inn Pittsburgh North Cranberry Township
Red Roof Inn Pittsburgh North Cr...
#11 of 15 in Cranberry Township
Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh/Cranberry
Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh/Cra...
#3 of 15 in Cranberry Township
Hampton Inn Pittsburgh / Cranberry
Hampton Inn Pittsburgh / Cranber...
#5 of 15 in Cranberry Township

Been to Comfort Inn Cranberry Twp.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Comfort Inn Cranberry Twp.

Address: 924 Sheraton Dr, Mars, PA 16046-9414
Location: United States > Pennsylvania > Mars
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Mars
Price Range: $73 - $104 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Comfort Inn Cranberry Twp. 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Comfort Inn Cranberry Twp. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Comfort Inn Cranberry Twp. Hotel Mars