“Bait and Switch”

Comfort Inn Cranberry Twp.
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Mars
Reviewed April 17, 2012

I arrived at 9:22 pm on Sun 4/15 with a HotelCoupon for a $64.99 rate -- and was told by the receptionist that "our rates have gone up" NOT, 'that rate is no longer available' OR "all the rooms at that rate have been sold." She took the $64.99 coupon and gave me a $79.99 rate. Upon checkout, the manager was not in yet but the receptionist on duty reported that 'the note says we are to no longer accept the $64.99 rate." When I had returned home, I called the general manager on Tues 4/17 and she told me they have ONE room available for the $64.99 rate during the week and TWO rooms during the weekend (hotel has 103 rooms). I understand that the coupon says the rate is 'subject to availability' --- then SAY SO when I arrive! Traveller beware and expect to pay more than any coupon rate after you've been drawn in!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed April 11, 2012

Upon our arrival at Comfort Inn, the receptionist was not able to honour the $65. rate in the coupon booklet. I asked about a seniors' rate or an AAA/CAA rate. I was told that the rate would be lowered from $84. to $74. I then signed the usual registration paper (which is retained by the receptionist) and provided my license number.

In the morning, I picked up my receipt and hit the highway. I then noticed that I had been charged a rate of $105. plus taxes for a total of $119.70. We returned to the hotel and the receptionist could not make the adjustment. After two detailed emails to the hotel, and a phone call, I have not heard a word from them.

In future, I'll request the agreed upon rate in writing upon checking in at any hotel. I am disappointed in the failure of the staff at this Comfort Inn in dealing with this issue.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Ontario75
Reviewed April 1, 2012

The old lady is showing her age...our room was a little dingy with stains on rug, armchair, ottoman. Couldn't pull the drapes completely shut, so couldn't get the room as dark as I like for sleeping. I couldn't get it as cold as I like either. Rooms were quiet and had all the amenities but couldn't plug in my flat iron and have the light on at the same time...not enough plugs in the right spots. Staff was friendly and helpful. Breakfast had all the usual items with a waffle maker, biscuits, sausage gravy, etc

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Angie T
Reviewed March 21, 2012

This property is conveniently located with easy access to expressways and restaurants. Long Horn Steak House, Bob Evans, and Max and Ermas are next door/just down the street. There are few first floor rooms (4 floors), and try to book an odd numbered room to be on the parking lot side away from the expressway traffic. The bathrooms are quite small. You will need to straddle the toilet to close the bathroom door!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank sailorjeff
Reviewed December 5, 2011

I was some what concerned about staying at this motel after I read some reviews about it. I can say that the four days that my family and I stayed here were very pleasant. The breakfast was good. Biscuits and gravy are my favorite, but there were also other good choices. The staff were courteous and very helpful The rooms were cleaned and made up every day even on Thanksgiving day. The only negative thing is that there is no pool which was minor to us as we were so busy visiting relatives. Another than that I would recommend staying here.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 6, 2011

We were weary travelers needing a safe, clean spot to spend the night before driving more miles the next day. Looking through the highway discount coupons, this looked like a good bet,though the staff was not overly encouraging on the phone. However, once we arrived, we found a fairly up-to-date lobby and we felt that this would be the safe and clean spot we needed. Everything was fine, nothing out of this world, but it was a decent value and the staff in person was quite friendly and helpful. Not luxurious, but just right. The wifi worked well. The breakfast was more than acceptable--some fresh fruit, Cheerios, coffee. I think there was more but that was all we needed.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank pbs142
Reviewed July 27, 2011

The good: Its newly redone and clean. Rooms are well appointed and more than expected in two star.

The bad: bizzarely place ramp makes getting a full luggage cart or anything on wheels up the curb a chore. No microwaves in the rooms and no pool. They did not honour their coupon in the book so we paid about $130 for the room. For that price one would expect these things. Front desk staff is efficient but not personable. She avoided eye contact and was always too engrossed in other things to great her guests when they were coming and going. The hallways are cooled by portable units that are not up to the job. It was over 100f in our hallway on the top floor and the ac was off in our room when we arrived so it took hours to cool it to a comfortable temperature.

Over all a beautiful clean hotel. If you get a decent rate and don't need a pool or in room microwave you will love it. As a bonus the wifi was great!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank judyzzz
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mars
Hyatt Place Cranberry
Hyatt Place Cranberry
#7 of 15 in Cranberry Township
Candlewood Suites Pittsburgh Cranberry
Candlewood Suites Pittsburgh Cra...
#12 of 15 in Cranberry Township
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh - Cranberry
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pitts...
#4 of 15 in Cranberry Township
Red Roof Inn Pittsburgh North Cranberry Township
Red Roof Inn Pittsburgh North Cr...
#11 of 15 in Cranberry Township
Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh/Cranberry
Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh/Cra...
#3 of 15 in Cranberry Township
Hampton Inn Pittsburgh / Cranberry
Hampton Inn Pittsburgh / Cranber...
#5 of 15 in Cranberry Township

Been to Comfort Inn Cranberry Twp.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Comfort Inn Cranberry Twp.

Address: 924 Sheraton Dr, Mars, PA 16046-9414
Location: United States > Pennsylvania > Mars
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Mars
Price Range: $74 - $104 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Comfort Inn Cranberry Twp. 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Comfort Inn Cranberry Twp. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Comfort Inn Cranberry Twp. Hotel Mars