“A So-So Hotel with a nice perk”

Comfort Inn Cranberry Twp.
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Mars
Reviewed December 29, 2007

The hotel is conveniently located right of the PA turnpike (exit 28) and next to several restaurants, making it a good overnight option for our drive to NJ.

The hotel lobby is large and inviting, and was well-decorated for Christmas...it had a real classy look. The front desk staff was very friendly, both at check-in and check-out. In fact, I found people in Mars, PA quite friendly overall, which is welcome in this day and age.

The rate we got was good, but not great - $80.99 with AAA discount.

The number one perk - you get a discount at several area restaurants by showing your room card - 20% off at King's, 10% off at Perkins, 15% off at Maxx & Erma's, and so on. Ask at the front desk for the latest run down on who gives what discount. If you're planning on eating first before checking in, either tell them you're booked at the hotel or just check-in first to get your room card. We ate at Maxx & Erma's before checking in at Comfort Inn and didn't know about the discount.

There were a few downsides; the room quality was so-so and not commensurate with what you might expect when you walk into the lobby. Beds were a little soft, and you could tell the housekeeping staff isn't that expert. The carpets had a slightly dingy feel. The tube light in the bathroom didn't work properly - it stayed dim and wouldn't fully brighten - I ended up showering in almost dark. Then, it suddenly became full bright when we were about to check out! There is a continental breakfast, but I've seen better choices and quality at comparable hotels (My wife especially did not like the lack of bananas). And the worst thing from my perspective - the house coffee provided with your in-room coffee maker - terrible. It was so thin, I didn't even drink it. (Yes, I had the right proportions). When it brewed, it looked like water with a brownish tint. I wanted coffee, not colored water.

On a side note, the area we stayed in, Mars, PA offers a nice alternative to Monroeville, PA - they have comparable stuff in the town and is a little more convenient.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with family

Reviewed December 11, 2007

Stayed at this hotel about 6 mos. ago & it was wonderful. Free hot cookies (weekdays), yogurt among breakfast items, room was spotless clean. Flash to Nov. '07: room not as clean-carpet needed cleaning, no more cookies or yogurt. Still has free HS internet & computer in lobby to check email. Not as nice but still overall okay. Was quiet during the week, mostly business people. Stayed on a Sat. was noisy. Very convenient to turnpike, restaurants, gas & stores.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TravelwithDog
Reviewed September 3, 2006

Generally, this is a clean, adequate hotel with basic amenities. Unfortunately, we had a room on the side of the hotel facing the main road, which didn't seem THAT busy. Sporadic truck engine braking during the night made us regret taking a room on that side. What was worse, though, is that the hotel uses huge, very bright floodlights to illuminate that side of the building. The drapes couldn't close out all the light making it impossible to get the room dark for a decent sleep. Very annoying. Also, the breakfast was pretty bleak with very watery orange juice and so-so coffee.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled with family
2  Thank cahilllaw
Reviewed August 28, 2006

It was fine, the rooms and staff were good, for the rate it is right.............only complaint hallways good use a redo and breakfast room is WAY too small and could have better selection.

• Stayed: August 2006
1  Thank trip12345
Reviewed May 23, 2005

This hotel is one of the best that I have ever stayed at. The lobby is large, the room was nice, the location was convenient, the staff was wonderful, and the price was right. I stay at many hotels since I travel a lot for work, and they are usually really nice, but for under $100 this one takes the cake.

I got off the turnpike at the Cranberry exit in PA because it was a relatively large exit with a lot of restaurants. I stopped by the Hampton Inn and the Holiday Inn Express and the Comfort Inn. The Hampton was nice, and the Holiday Inn was old but decent, but the Comfort Inn was nicer. The location was quiet and convenient. I walked into a large lobby, not cramped like many other mid-scale hotels. As soon as I walked in, the desk clerk greeted me. She was a breath of fresh air after a long trip!! Just someone that seemed to care about me.

The hotel's decor was average, but the front desk clerk told me that the hotel was going to be completely remodeled, with new furniture, carpeting, TV's, everything. I can't wait to stop by again on my next trip!!

Stayed: May 2005
2  Thank Ajay P
Reviewed March 6, 2005

I stayed over at this hotel when travelling from Southern Ontario to Philadelphia in February. Even though the address of the hotel is in Mars, PA the turnoff from the turnpike is for Cranberry - no mention of Mars on any signs we saw!

Very convenient location a couple of minutes from the Turnpike but far enough away so there was no highway noise at all. The front does face a major 4 lane road so I'd ask for a room facing the back (very quiet view of a church and some hills) just to be safe if you're a light sleeper.

There's free parking at the back. Both day and night front desk staff were pleasant and helpful. There's an old but servicable computer in the lobby if you want to check your email, etc.

The room was clean, the bed was comfortable and it was quiet. All I needed for the night. Can't comment on the breakfast because I was running late and had to skip it.

• Stayed: February 2005
5  Thank shosk
A TripAdvisor Member
Oil City, Pa.
Reviewed December 8, 2003

As we pulled up to the hotel. It appeared nice, the in side was nice and clean. But when the desk clerk came out. we were truely amazed. He came out with a big smile asking us how our trip was! he asked us where we came from and where we were heading. It was like he truely cared for us. it was like we were family not just guests. so we checked in and headed to our room. my wife and i deciede that we were going to go out to eat. as we left the desk clerk was with another guest but still told us to have a good dinner. upon returning to the hotel he asked us how our dinner was.. and if we needed woke up. Imagine that... he asked us we didnt even have to call.. and best of all he even knew our NAMES. i was amazed... but it stillgets better. we went to our room and slept soundly. at exactly 630 the wake up call went off just like i had asked for not a second late. we showered and headed to breakfast. When we got there we again were shocked.. of course when we checked in the desk clerk told us breakfast was from 6-9 but when we seen it... gheesh there was a lot of food... hot and cold cerials bagels doughnuts....
and FRESH Coffee. as we checked out. the gal at the desk again greeted us with Good morning. obviously she didnt know us yet to use our name.
but she smiled. she asked us if we had slept well and if there was any thing that they could improve... i could only think of one thing ... to make all hotels like this one... after checking out the gal asked us if we needed her to make us reservations any where else... it felt so good to be important!

7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mars
Hyatt Place Cranberry
Hyatt Place Cranberry
#7 of 15 in Cranberry Township
Candlewood Suites Pittsburgh Cranberry
Candlewood Suites Pittsburgh Cra...
#12 of 15 in Cranberry Township
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pittsburgh - Cranberry
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Pitts...
#4 of 15 in Cranberry Township
Red Roof Inn Pittsburgh North Cranberry Township
Red Roof Inn Pittsburgh North Cr...
#11 of 15 in Cranberry Township
Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh/Cranberry
Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh/Cra...
#3 of 15 in Cranberry Township
Hampton Inn Pittsburgh / Cranberry
Hampton Inn Pittsburgh / Cranber...
#5 of 15 in Cranberry Township

Been to Comfort Inn Cranberry Twp.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Comfort Inn Cranberry Twp.

Address: 924 Sheraton Dr, Mars, PA 16046-9414
Location: United States > Pennsylvania > Mars
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Mars
Price Range: $74 - $104 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Comfort Inn Cranberry Twp. 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Comfort Inn Cranberry Twp. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Comfort Inn Cranberry Twp. Hotel Mars