“Beautiful, elegant, cozy, and fascinating - all wrapped up in one!”

Ascot House Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 6 Marietta B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 10, 2010

My significant other and I wanted to have to do something special for New Year's Eve. So we booked a room at bed and breakfast near my daughter's home in the area so we spend time with her and her husband and also have some relaxing time to ourselves. We stayed in the Surrey room and our bathroom was unbelievable. It was so huge with a beautiful jacuzzi tub and with the cozy fireplace, I felt like queen for the day. The whole place was beautifully decorated for the holidays. I just know that everyone that meets Wendy the owner falls in lover with her. She is full of wonderful stories about the house and area and makes you feel very much at home. We loved our stay at the Ascot Bed and Breakfast on 12/31/09.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cheryl_1960
There are newer reviews for Ascot House Bed and Breakfast

Reviewed July 6, 2009

Great hospitality, beautiful place, & simply a wonderful experience.

In addition, Wendy the owner is a dog lover & our dog Tilly had a wonderful time too.

There's a large, beautiful fenced in garden and our Tilly was able to really enjoy herself.

Ascot House is a rare & good find.

Shaynaz & Jay 7/09

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jsonin
Reviewed June 20, 2009

I cannot say enough about my stay at the Ascot. I was in town for a wedding, and Wendy, the innkeeper, greeted me at the door already anticipating my arrival. I was incredibly tired from the travel, so Wendy got me something to drink, got me settled in my room, and we even went to get Chinese food together later on. I felt as though I was having dinner with an old friend. She is a consummate hostess. She is incredibly kind and personable to all of her guests, and she genuinely enjoys owning The Ascot. She wants her guests to feel as though they are at home, and she gives nothing less than her best. She makes people want to come back.

My bed was ridiculously comfortable, the breakfast of Eggs Benedict was out of this world, and even when I had to leave extra early to catch my train home, Wendy woke up to make sure I had breakfast (and she makes her own croissants and pastries--not to be missed!).

I have been in hotels and B&Bs where the owners just wanted to stay in the background. Not Wendy. She is as hands-on as can be, and it makes such a different in the quality of a guest's stay. She is an impossibly lovely woman, full of stories and wonderful British humor. She brings guests together, not just over wine and cheese, but with conversation and true joy. I could not have been happier with my stay, and when the car show is in town next year, I may just send my parents there!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank stamford_native
Reviewed October 20, 2008

We spent just one night at the Ascot House but were enchanted. A dog-friendly bed & breakfast that manages to combine an elegant, romantic get-away with a relaxed air of comfort. Our dog was particularly happy with the spacious gardens for her to run around in and the walkability of the whole town of Marietta.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lcmo1
Reviewed September 30, 2008

Ascot House Bed and Breakfast in historic Marietta PA is OUTSTANDING!! We had the best experience ever and have already booked to go back in December for the Candlelight House Tour! Ascot House was featured on the tour last year I think , and this year the English garden will be on the tour.
The gorgeous home is so elegant and yet comfortable. Utterly romantic getaway! Parking is easy right in front. After check in we shared wine and cheese with our hostess. Mrs. Codd is the quintessential hostess - personable, available, anticipated our ever desire, and ensured our comfort. Her cooking is amazing! WOW! Worth the trip just for the food. Speaking of food there was a great French restaurant just walking distance from Ascot House.
Our room was huge and comfortable and had a lovely 4 poster bed and an enormous brand new jacuzzi tub bathroom complete with fireplaces. Every room we saw was gorgeous.
This is by far the best B&B we've experienced in the USA or abroad. Everything was "Just Right", Elegant, Relaxing, and Comfortable. We were central to so much and yet felt so cocooned. I thoroughly recommend this B&B to you, even if you've never stayed in a B&B. Ascot House is great for Business travel, or for a vacation or getaway. It's even pet friendly!

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Goldenretrievers
Reviewed June 10, 2008

Wendy at Ascot House is an absolutely wonderful woman. The home itself is stunning and gorgeous and it would be a lovely stay all on its own - but Wendy really makes the stay. My husband and I were the only visitors for two of our three night stay and had such a great time with her that we know we'll be back soon!

The food was just wonderful with berries and yogurt to start the breakfast and the most delicious eggs benedict I think I've ever had. Her pancakes are fluffy yet crisp - amazing.

The room was lovely and not so overly female that my husband felt out of place or uncomfortable - the bathroom - to die for.

We can't wait to go back!!

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rfendell
Reviewed January 29, 2008

I have stayed in many bed and breakfasts throughot Europe and the United States and, without a doubt, the Ascot House must be placed at the top of the list.

I recently stayed there for four days in a VERY large room with Queen bed that had an even larger bathroom (with a two person whirlpool and a working fireplace). The place is spotless throughout, and guests are treated to nice little extras like Gilchrist and Soames toiletries, and afternoon tea (or a glass or two of wine if desired).

The common areas are equally spectacular -- from the large comfortable sitting room to the beautiful dining room. And, there will soon be a new wine cellar that looks to be a real show-stopper. Weather precluded a walk trough the gardens outside, but they would appear to be like everything else at Ascot House -- without compare.

Breakfasts were delicious and, like my travels in Ireland, entirely removed the need for lunch. During my time there, we were served Eggs Benedict, Cheese Scrambled Eggs and Hash Browns, Pancakes, ample fruit plates and (don't forget to ask for these) some of the best sticky buns I've ever had. Also, many of the jams and jellies are homemade.

Finally, any review of this B and B would be a disservice if it did not make mention of our Hostess, Wendy. A delightful English woman, she is so warm, friendly and inviting that, in a matter of minutes, one feels as though they have known her for years.

I cannot recommend Ascot House more highly!!!

• Stayed: January 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank MorganFan
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marietta
Hampton Inn & Suites Mount Joy / Lancaster West
Warehouse Hotel
Warehouse Hotel
#2 of 7 in Manheim
Comfort Inn Lancaster County
MainStay Suites of Lancaster County
Eden Resort and Suites, BW Premier Collection
B.F. Hiestand House Bed & Breakfast

Been to Ascot House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!