Ascot House Bed and Breakfast
The Red Rose Motel(Elizabethtown)
$74
Comfort Inn Lancaster County(Columbia)(Great Value!)
$80
ComfortSuites
Courtyard York(York)
$139
Courtyard
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed June 19, 2013

We have been to many, many B&B's over the years, but I have to say Ascot House is now right at the top of our list. As everyone has stated, the succss of a B&B is the innkeeper - knowledge of the area, the accomodations including breakfast, and most important, the ability to make people feel welcome as soon as they walk through the front door until they leave to go home. If you do plan a visit to Ascot House and happen to be sitting in the living room in the evening and Wendy comes in to sit a chat a bit, you must ask her about the journey she took to Marietta and the Acot House. Simply fascinating and inspirational!

I am only sorry that tomorrow morning when I wake up in my own home, I will have to be satisfied with a toasted bagel and will certainly be missing Wendy's absolutely delicious baked goods served every morning.......

Thank you, Wendy - we spoke about our wonderful visit all the way home!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Norfolk but we were able to sneak a peek into the other rooms and I think all of them were beautiful!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank hdtmom1
Reviewed June 5, 2013

My husband and I scheduled a weekend at the Ascot House last weekend, for our 15th wedding anniversary. We found it on Groupon, and since Groupon is hit or miss, we absolutely pleasantly surprised as soon as we drove up. The house is beyond beautiful. The owner, Wendy was an absolute delight. We haven't had so much fun in awhile! We stayed in the Essex room. It has its own outside entrance through the beautiful English garden that you can tell Wendy spent much time and love creating and tirelessly tending. The room was immaculate. Warm, cozy and bright and airy.

We opted for the 3pm "tea" on Saturday afternoon. The tea was fantastic. The food was plentiful, delish and home made. It was such a delight we cannot say enough about this beautiful place and innkeeper. Breakfasts were all fresh, homemade and Wendy took special effort to make sure we all were taken care of and satisfied. One f us being a vegetarian, she took special strides to make sure we had all we needed or could ask for. It was a sad morning when we checked out. I cannot wait to go back, and am already planning when we can get away again.

Thanks so much for making a beautiful weekend for us and opening up your home!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tanterbon
Reviewed June 5, 2013

From your welcome to your good-buy, Wendy makes your stay a wonderful experience you'll never forget. Before my stay was over I was planning a return trip. The rooms were lovely, the breakfasts were gourmet, and your every need was taken care of. Can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Some rooms are on the second and third floor. If stairs are a problem get a room on the lower levels.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Ourselves and some members of our family stayed 2 separate weekends. The first time Wendy assured us that the trains came and went, some weekends there were 'none' and some there were many (the night we stayed there were 12 trains). And the same thing happened to our family members. One of the above reviews stated they 'loved hearing the sound of the trains' - we just can't believe there is not one review that says just how loud the trains are - they are EXTREMELY loud and located very close to the B and B. For both sets of us that stayed there sleep was virtually impossible (being woken up almost every hour is not relaxing). It's a shame b/c Wendy's hospitality is wonderful and besides that we enjoyed our stay. But would never go again b/c of the lack of sleep due to the trains. If you are a super heavy sleeper then book your trip, but if you're going to relax and re-energize I would pick somewhere else.
Sidenote that I am gluten free and Wendy was AWESOME at accommodating this

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RXC_13
figtrees, Owner at Ascot House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

I quite agree with the guests that the trains can on occasion be horrible. Unfortunately it is a freight line and there is no schedule.

There are many many nights when there are no trains, but also there can be nights when there are a lot - one never knows. It is rare that there are more than one or two trains between midnight and 6 a.m. I am so sorry that both weekends that these guesst stayed the were many - I dont think that 12 is correct, but I am sure that if someone was trying to sleep it probably may have felt like that many. I would most certainly not have as many repeat guests as I do if this was a nightly occurrence.

The ruie for trains is that they have to hoot two long and one short hoots at each crossing, and depending upon the individual train driver - is the loudness of the horns. Some just hoot once quitely coming in to town and once going out of town - there is however one driver who has a tendency to lay on the horn all the way through town as loud as possible. One of the guests suggested that perhaps he had an ex-wife who lived in Marietta!!! Based on this review I think I need to make ear-plugs available in all the rooms. I am so sorry that the trains spoiled their weekend.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

Before making a reservation, I check with Trip Advisor. I trust the reviews, and there is always one or two that are complainers. Not, however, for Ascot House. How could every one be glowing? Well, take my word for it, Ascot House B&B glows! It is in a category by itself. The old mansion has been totally restored, and is beautiful and comfortable. And then, there's Wendy! We drove to the front door, and before we opened the car doors, there she was, poking her head out, standing in the doorway, welcoming us warmly, greeting us as old friends arriving home. Indeed, that's how we felt. Our room (The Bedford) had a sitting room with fire place, a great Four Poster comfortable bed, a jacuzzi tub in the lovely bathroom and a window that looked out on the very sleepy town of Marietta. Not a tourist in sight! Wendy advised us of the nearby eateries. We chose Shanks Tavern because it isn't open on weekends (this was Friday) and we were told the food was good. Walking in the door, we saw what appeared to be half the town. I enjoyed the best crab cake I ever had and it was served by the Mr.Shank himself who excepted our praise graciously. We toured the Amish countryside; an interesting, informative, and delicious expedition. If you haven't decided where to go on those precious days off, I highly recommend you visit Ascot House B&B. and give Wendy a hug for us.
Ina and Arnold
Visited Memorial Weekend 2013

Room Tip: All rooms looked great.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple