“WE LOVED IT!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Marietta
Lavender Patch Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 6 Marietta B&B and Inns
Crofton, MD
“WE LOVED IT!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2008

The Lavender Patch Bed & Breakfast was a wonderful place for a getaway. Chet & Marian were warm and friendly hosts who went out of their way to make our stay memorable. They couldn't have been more accomodating. We asked for a refrigerator in the room and they put one in for us.

We stayed in the Victorian room and it was beautiful and private and beautifully decorated as was their entire home.

On our first morning there, we ate breakfast in their new screened in porch out back overlooking the picturesque garden just before the sun peaked over the trees. The vast open countryside was breathtaking for these city dwellers.

The next day we enjoyed breakfast in the main dining room with their family who were in town for Chet's birthday. We enjoyed the local craft fair and shopping in town and visited the clock museum during the day. In the evening we enjoyed the pool and the jacuzzi. At night we ate at McCleary's Public House (highly recommend!) and a favorite place in town.

As a genealogist, the cemetery across the way was rich with history from the Civil War and romantic in it's own way. We are going back again soon to enjoy the Amish history and spend an evening with an Amish family. We can't wait!! Thanks so much Chet & Marian for making us feel so welcome and for your warmth and hospitality.

• Liked — Warm hosts and tranquility of the area
  • Disliked — Nothing.
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Business
Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2008

My husband and I were looking for a special location for our wedding night. We married in June and moved into an apartment in Marietta after we wed.

I searched for a B&B nearby and this one seemed so nice by pictures and the brochure, but don't be fooled.

We got there early evening about 6pm and the nice hostess showed us to our room, in the basement. As we entered I was astonished at how small this bedroom was, and how cramped the bed was inside this tiny room. There was barely enough space for one person to walk around the bed to get to the other side. On top of that there was wall to wall books on shelves that spanned the ceiling to the floor, overpowering anyone in the room. To top it off there was an 18x24 family photo of the people who lived there hanging above the bed staring at us.

We shared the bathroom with three other rooms in the basement. On my wedding night I'd really like some more privacy. I couldn't see this working out at all and after talking with my husband for several minutes we decided, we're going to politely say "no thank you" and spend our wedding night in our apartment. (The bedroom in our apartment was almost twice the size of this.)

So we left the basement went upstairs and politely told her we could not spend the night here and we would be leaving to go back home. We asked to be refunded for the night and we'd be on our way.

Well apparently that was unacceptable for her and she nicely said she couldn't do that. We explained how unsatisfied we were and the reasons, and she continued to say sorry.

I told her, "Mam, this is our wedding night." She didn't budge and we left, I was crying because I felt so bad that I had booked the room and not checked into it further, and had just lost so much money. What a happy note to start our marriage on.

We lost over $100.00 that night. Even if she was willing to refund half or partial of it that would have been very much appreciated. What are we going to do, she had the credit card number. I'm appauled at the audacity of this woman.

Needless to say, I would NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES book a room at this place, you will be unsatisfied.

Frustrated and unsatisfied...

Angela Hess

• Liked — I didn't
  • Disliked — the small room, family photos on the wall
  • Stayed June 2003, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Angela3Pennsylvania
St. Louis, MO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2006

My mom and I just got back from a "mother/daughter" trip to Lancaster County, Pennsylvania. We were looking for a nice B&B with two beds in one of the bedrooms, and after much research we decided to book the Sunflower Room at the Lavender Patch. When we arrived the room wasn't quite ready, but Chet, one of the gracious hosts, quickly offered us a map of the surrounding area, and some suggestions on where to go. When we got back that evening our room was ready for us. It was darling! The room had two very comfortable double beds. The room was decorated in sunflowers, of course, and there were handpainted sunflowers on the wall and a very cozy loveseat in the room. We did have a private bathroom, although it was located down the hall. It was very nicely decorated, and both the bathroom and the bedroom had fresh flowers picked from the beautiful garden on the property. The gardens were just lovely, and the inground pool area would have been a great place to spend an afternoon had we visited later in the year when the weather would be warmer.

Marion and Chet were delightful hosts and made our stay a joy. We quickly felt like old friends, and they were very easy to talk to. Marion provided a wonderful driving tour of the local Amish areas that helped us get away from the touristy areas and see more of the countryside.

Breakfast was delicious. We had fresh fruit cups, served in crystal goblets, filled with strawberries, blueberries, bananas and fresh creme. Then came the hot entrees. We had baked french toast stuffed with apples and cream cheese the first day, and baked oatmeal with custard the second day. Both were to die for. This was followed by a dessert; cinnamon buns the first day and a vanilla pie the next. The breakfasts were wonderful and left us full until well after the normal lunch hour.

Overall we had a fantastic stay, mostly because of our hosts. We got a big hug from Marion as we got ready to depart, and I promised myself I would be back in the future for another visit.

• Stayed May 2006
1 Thank tcreath
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marietta
Comfort Inn Lancaster County
B.F. Hiestand House Bed & Breakfast
Airy View Bed and Breakfast
The Olde Square Inn
The Olde Square Inn
#1 of 10 in Mount Joy
Ascot House Bed and Breakfast

Been to Lavender Patch Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!