B.F. Hiestand House Bed & Breakfast
The Red Rose Motel(Elizabethtown)
$74
Courtyard York(York)
$114
$103
Courtyard
All reviewspam dallasfront porchvanderslice suitesusquehanna rivervictoria roomsun porchbed and breakfasthouse is beautifulwine tourfrench toastgreat hostslancaster countyeach morningbreakfast was deliciousbube's brewerysitting roomwonderful stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 3, 2009

I was traveling with my son with autism and his service dog. Pam and Dallas were very accomodating for all our special needs.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank MaternityBVM
Reviewed June 29, 2009

We stayed with Pam and Dallas while we dropped our teenager off at camp. The house is beautiful and comfortable. The breakfast was marvelous - I loved the lemon pound cake especially! We were also very impressed with the friendliness of the place. We would go back in a heartbeat. Thanks guys!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed May 23, 2009

The moment we were welcomed into the home of Pam and Dallas, we encountered hosts that were both gracious and breaming with knowledge and recommendations for the area. Dallas was quickly able to recommend several great restaurants in the area. We choose to dine at McCleary's Pub (http://www.mcclearyspub.com/) were we had delicious meals of Shepherds Pie and Fish n' Chips, simple but tasty and fulfilling. McCleary's also has an impressive selection of beers on tap. All of you beer connoisseurs, enjoy!

We stayed in the Susquehanna room. The room was very nicely appointed with everything you could ask for. However, we had such a pleasant time just chatting with the inn keepers after dinner, we had very little time spent in the room. Pam left us some delicious cheese cake for desert, and we enjoyed the sweets with both of them while talking as if we were long lost family. What a relaxing change of pace! We certainly would not get the same kind of warmth from the Hilton that we would stay in the next night (at the same price).

Breakfast was absolutely scrumptious. Pam served us a fresh blueberry / cream cheese custard, almost like a brule'. This first course would have been enough, but the main course of an egg and Canadian bacon Soufflé, roasted tomato slices with melted cheeses, a banana nut muffin in addition to the juices and coffee of choice. Pam must have been a professional gourmet cook!

Summary: If you really just want to kick back your feet and be pampered by the family you wish you had, make reservations with B.F. Hiestand house.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Chuck9115
Reviewed May 18, 2009

I made reservations for my wife and I and another couple to meet and stay at the B.F. Hiestand House B & B. From the first moment that we met Pam and Dallas Fritz, they made us feel like we had just returned home. Our stay was only for one night, but they treated us like we had been staying there several nights. Their B & B was one of the few that offered a single nights stay, where so many others required a minimum of 2 nights. Their Victorian B & B was breathtaking and the food and hospitality were top notch! The Fritz's vast knowledge of the surrounding area and attractions was extremely helpful and they were always available and willing to assist us. Our friends were equally impressed and satisfied with my choice to stay here. My wife and I can't wait to book our next stay at the Hiestand House.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 18, 2009

My husband and I have stayed at the B.F. Hiestand House Bed & Breakfast three times already. We are actually headed back there this weekend. The home is just beautiful with all the amenities you could want or need yet charming, quaint and beautifully Victorian. The Vanderslice Suite is our favorite with a separate sitting room. The Victorian bed is amazing with a down comforter and feather bed. I wish I could take it back home with me. Pam and Dallas are the best hosts, and we have a particular fondness for the family dog, Mr. Biggs who greets you each morning and night. I saw that someone complained that the hosts were sitting in their living room watching T.V. I am not sure what that is all about, since that is what a B&B is all about! Its like coming home to family and that is exactly what you get when you stay at the B.F. Hiestand House Bed & Breakfast. It is definitely worth the trip so don't miss it. You will be back again.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple