“Home away from Home” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Brooklyn, New York
“Home away from Home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2013

I had my first stay at a bed and breakfast at B.F. Hiestand House Bed and Breakfast and fell in love. As a matter of fact, I only stay in bed and breakfasts now. Visiting Pam and Dallas, and their dog Quincy was like going home. As soon as you walk in you feel like you are "home again." The hospitality, the friendliness, the warm atmosphere, are like second to none. Pam and Dallas can recommend a place to go, something to do, where to eat dinner, anything you need. I like covered bridges and they actually gave me a map and pinpointed where all the covered bridges are in the area. And now the food, OMG, Pam's breakfasts are amazing! You would think breakfast is breakfast, but think again, wait to you try her breakfast, absolutely amazing. I particularly like her French Toast and her blueberry crumble, but I look forward to whatever she will put on my plate. I will definitely be returning to B.F. Hiestand House B&B, sooner rather than later. Keep up the good work Pam and Dallas.

Room Tip: Every room has its own special charm. I love the Vanderslice Suite because of the second room, but...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NYC_Girl_Forever

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Jackson, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

From the moment we met Dallas and Pam, we felt very comfortable at the Hiestand House. No detail was overlooked! The gas fireplace and jacuzzi were very romantic and the bed was soo comfortable! Just what we needed for a romantic getaway, just wish we could have stayed longer. The breakfast was delicious and was nice to eat in our room. We will definitely be returning in the near future!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sue E
Edison, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

My husband and I and two other couples had the pleasure of staying at BF Hiestand House in Marietta, PA. We wanted to attend the Marietta House Tour and this B&B caught our attention. We loved it! The house is centrally located which made it very convenient. Pam and Dallas made us feel welcome from the moment we walked in. By the end of the weekend we felt like we made new friends! besides their outstanding hospitality we found the house to be in great condition and the rooms were spotless. We've stayed at B&Bs many times before and often the website looks a lot better than the actual property. In this case the opposite was true - it surpassed our expectations. Breakfast was fantastic! We all agreed that this will be a place we'll come back to!

Room Tip: All of the rooms are lovely.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Joanne C
Pomona, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2012

Had a marvelous 3 nights at the B.F. Hiestand House. Pam Dallas and Quincy's hospitality was warm, friendly and they make people feel like family. Our room, "The Victoria" decorated in beautiful red florals was spotless, comfy, cozy and oh so relaxing with silky soft sheets and pillows that enabled one to sleep like a baby!! Breakfast in their elegant, old-fashioned victorian dining room was delicious. Excellent coffee too!

I hope to return sometime in the future for another enjoyable experience. Thanks again, Pam, Dallas and Quincy for a lovely stay. Cate and Arnold Karlsen

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Cate K
Vineland, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

My husband & I stayed at B.F. on 10/26 and had a fabulous stay there. We were welcomed with a friendly smile. We spent a little time getting to know Pam & Dallas. They pampered us with tea from their Stash. They are truly some very hospitable & down to earth people. We felt very much at home & will be staying there again. We rate them a 5 star B&B.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lisa S
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

We recently stayed with Pam and Dallas in their Heritage Home, and were welcomed from the moment we walked in along with friendly and polite Quincy, pet Lab! They had a feel for us right away and directed us to suitable dining for both nights, offered suggestions for my day outings as my husband attended a Train Show in another town and even sent me on my walk with their business card incase I needed a rescue pick up after admiring the blocks and blocks of other admirable local attractions. I was pampered with treats and tea from the servery in the dining room while I lounged on the spacious verandah reading and taking in the fall foliage. I have to say, the linens in this B&B are top shelf... superior quality, our room was completely charming and very clean!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lbisback
Morton, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

Recently spent 3 nights in the "cottage" with my cavalier Christy. Pam and Dallas's hospitality is terrific. Making me feel right at home in their beautiful setting. The breakfast was phenomenal. No way you would have told me I'd have eaten "Oatmeal Souffle" but it was better than dessert!
Fall leaves were just changing and we enjoyed nice walks on the old river walk. I can't wait to return.

Christy was a little shy with their resident Lab, but I'm guessing next visit she will warm up to his greetings!

Room Tip: The cottage was very private and comfortable.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank irishwit2
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marietta
Eden Resort & Suites, BW Premier Collection
#1 of 8 in Ephrata
The Olde Square Inn
The Olde Square Inn
#1 of 10 in Mount Joy

Been to B.F. Hiestand House Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!