“Pub Crawl with a Personal Touch”
Review of Shank's Tavern

Shank's Tavern
Ranked #4 of 17 Restaurants in Marietta
Sparrows Point , MD
“Pub Crawl with a Personal Touch”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

We recently came to Marietta for the first time with friends for a Pub Crawl. Upon approaching Shanks we commented on the place and were greeted by the "doorman". He shook our hands and introduced himself as the owner, who had lived there his entire life. He was so friendly and pleasant and his smile was charming. He talked to us about the history of the place and that was the beginning of a great experience. We went outside to the side garden bar area. What a great place. Thoroughly enjoyed it and cant wait to return. Thank You Mr Shank!

• Visited June 2014

Coram, New York
“one happy New Yorker”
Reviewed April 28, 2014

I can say I was pleasantly surprised by my experience at Shank's. I was expecting a run of the mill tavern. From the moment we walked in Tina the bar keeper made us feel right at home. I was happy to choose from a nice selection of bourbons and thrilled not to be over paying for my glass of Eagle Rare. The spring rolls were tasty and entirely affordable. Actually cheap at a $1.00 apiece. The convenient little bar trays made eating at the bar a breeze. Entertaining music from local artists topped off a very enjoyable evening. Tina regaled us with all of the upcoming events and I only wish I was in town to partake in them. I will make Shank's a stop whenever I am in town

• Visited April 2014
3 Thank familytraveler9990
Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
“A fun evening out”
Reviewed March 27, 2014

As others have noted, Shank's is a local watering hole with a lot of history. We went with a group of 7 for my daughter's b-day recently. It's a small place with a no-reservations policy, but we got lucky and a table was available. It was right in front of the fireplace, which was on (it's gas), but didn't get uncomfortable. I could see where it might have for some though. They also had a solo act performing that evening, and he was tucked away in the corner right next to us. Again, this might be uncomfortable for some, but we enjoyed it. This is definitely a place where people go to just chill and enjoy themselves.

Service is not particularly fast, as the one waitress was also doubling as a bartender at times, so if you are in a hurry, look elsewhere. But for us, it really just added to the whole idea of being relaxed, so we weren't bothered by it. Eventually, I just took the bill up to the bar and paid it there.

Food was pretty much average, but for a group of 7 with drinks, the entire bill was $111, so that makes you relax a bit as well. I was a little disappointed that the owner, who I saw floating around the room and talking to others, didn't pop over to say 'hi,' but perhaps he had his reasons.

Overall, an enjoyable experience when you want to just chill and enjoy some local camaraderie. There are several nice eating spots to try in Marietta, so the town itself is definitely worth a visit. I wouldn't tag Shank's as the best place to get a meal, but it has other strengths.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank PAVacationer614
Marietta, Pennsylvania
“Love the Sushi”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

I am a local, and vist Shank's often. Everyone is friendly, and the food is always very good. Friday night is Seafood and Sushi. The Sushi is great. You won't be disappointed!

• Visited February 2014
New Jersey
“Great Place!”
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Down to earth, friendly people. Loved the atmosphere and the food. Wish I had been enjoying this place a lot sooner! Will definitely go back and sit outside next time.

• Visited October 2013