“Great Experience”

McCleary's Public House
Ranked #1 of 16 Restaurants in Marietta
Cuisines: American, Irish, Bar, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
DeLand, Florida
“Great Experience”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

We had read about McCleary's when we booked a stay in a Marietta B&B. We were there on a Thursday night and the place was packed. The service and atmosphere were wonderful as was the food. We were on a 8 day road trip and our experience at McCleary's was the best of the trip. Other reviewers were right about the fish & chips: it was delicious & a huge serving. If we were locals, it would be a weekly habit.

Pa
“Nice way to celebrate my birthday!!”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Friends gathered with my hubby and I to celebrate. I had the Ahi Tuna, hubby had the Fish and Chips which I tasted and it was fantastic. Two had the Shepherds Pie, three had the Sirloin Tips and one had the Prime Rib. The Prime Rib came out well done when our friend had asked for medium rare but it was replaced in less than five minutes!! I have been on a no salt diet for about two years now so I thought the crust on the tuna was a little salty but otherwise, the dish was really nice. Our table was in a perfect spot. Our server was very attentive and kept checking to make sure everything was fine. We all agreed that we will be back very soon. I really enjoy coming here because we know we will get great service and food each time. Next time we will call earlier in the week to get seating out on the covered deck.

Newton, Massachusetts, USA
“OK Place”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Went here after visiting the Turkey Hill Experience, based on the TripAdvisor reviews. This place was better than the average pub, but I would say nothing too extraordinary. The decor was well done, looking very classic Irish pub without too much cheese factor. I ordered clam chowder to start which was good and a Reuben as my meal which was fine but not amazing. Service was fairly good. Marietta's town center is a picturesque, "Americana" small town, so it was a perk of this restaurant's location to get a chance to drive through it.

NYC, USA
“Nice surprise!”
Reviewed September 19, 2012

From the outside of McCleary's Public House, it appears to be more of a drinker's bar. When my companion and I went inside, we were impressed by the nice pub decor and the excellent service. Everyone, from the host to the busboy, was professional, courteous, and prompt. Additionally the food was really good pub food. The buffalo wings (hot) were spot on and the shepherd's pie was particularly tasty. There is a delicious peanut butter pie on the dessert menu, which I recommend to anyone who likes peanut butter.

Visited September 2012
Windsor, Pennsylvania, United States
“Great Fish & Chips”
Reviewed September 15, 2012

If you order the fish & chips bring a friend, there is plenty to share with a friend.. With the appitizer there is no room for dessert.. Also go early we were there on Monday and it started to get busy around 5:30..

Visited September 2012