“The Best Bed and Breakfast Farm!!”
Review of Olde Fogie Farm

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Marietta
Olde Fogie Farm
Reviewed August 14, 2012

We've been going to Old Fogie Farm Bed and Breakfast since our daughter was a baby. She is now 16 years old and we are still going! The Old Fogies (Biz and Tom) are wonderful hosts and make us feel right at home everytime we go! The breakfast is always delicious and the swimming pond and scenery at the farm are spectacular!! This is a great place to bring family and friends to relax, enjoy the scenery and enjoy the local attractions. This is truly the best Bed and Breakfast we have ever stayed at!!!

Room Tip: All rooms are great. Garden room and Pig Pen room get breakfast in the morning from Biz and Chicken...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed June 7, 2012

We haven't had so much fun or felt so welcomed on any other vacation. The hospitality of Biz, Tom and Vicki can't be beat. I really felt like I was staying with family. We arrived late Friday night--and were taken to our room, which was big, clean and quiet. Upon awakening, my kids couldn't wait to get outside to meet the cows, chicken, and goats. Vicki rang the chore bell, my kids had to feed the calf, gather the eggs, feed and milk the goat, and check on the barn cats. They almost didn't want to leave the farm for their breakfast. Breakfast is a family affair--and again we were made to feel right at home. My kids waded in the koi pond later in the afternoon, and helped with some chores again. Beautiful area! Lots of fun--we hope to come back next fall! It's not for everyone, but it was sure for us!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Lisa M
Reviewed April 22, 2012

This was my second trip to the farm that is lovingly tended to by Biz and her Husband Tom and their daughter Vicki. Last year and this year I stayed in the Hayloft and got a great nights sleep!
I was with my husband and 6 year old daughter...( who was the one who begged to go back again this year). As other have reported, the highlight for the kids is the morning chores... they oiled a pg, feed the cows and horse, gathered eggs from the chicken coop, bottle fed a calf... and more. It is messy so bring the proper rain boots or shoes that can get muddy. In the hayloft, no breakfast is included, so you make your own... we used the fresh eggs that we had gathered that morning! The bathtub is a claw-foot, and no shower... again fine with us... my daughter really enjoyed the deep tub! The farm itself has many animals and a lovely little playhouse that my daughter pretended was her " cafe" she was in there everyday... we stayed 4 nights. There is also a lovely little rustic playground.. good for kids, by a stream.. near there you will find a pind with fish that can be fed.. all activities the children LOVE. There are lots of stairs up to the Hayloft, so keep that in mind. The furnishings are very country style and old fashioned, TV is small... no wireless internet either. Personally, I think these are all pluses. I went to bed earlier than I would have surfing the net! The price is reasonable and the hosts Biz and Tom are darling folks. PLEASE stay with your children and do not let them run wild or unattended at the farm ( yep, people actually do that!) The animals and farm itself need to be treated with respect..... I can tell you before we left my daughter was already begging me for
"next year".

Reviewed April 17, 2012

My friend found this B&B and we went specifically so her kids could get the "farm experience." It was wonderful. My mother and I stayed in one room and my friend, her mom, and the kids stayed in another room. The morning chores were the highlight of the trip. We all loved the hands on with the animals. We left the farm during the day and did outings and came back in the evenings. The breakfasts were great and very filling. The "Chicken Coop" bathroom was a little small, but everything was clean and worked. The "Garden Room" had a nice size bathroom, but no kitchen. (We knew in advance from the website, though). Biz and Tom gave us all kinds of suggestions of what to do, where to go, and the best (most scenic) routes to get there. I could not have been happier there and was not ready to leave. I am from Florida and plan to go again.

Room Tip: "Pig Pen"- bath only, no kitchen; "Garden Room"- shower only, no kitchen; "...
1  Thank Alyssa M
Reviewed April 13, 2012

First, a disclaimer: If you are looking for a luxury B&B experience this is not the place for you.

I have a 6 year old boy and a 3 year old girl and this was most definitely the best vacation we have taken. We traveled to PA with my mom and some family friends. Our party stayed in the Chicken Coop (a suite) and the Garden Room. The website clearly states that breakfast is not included in the suites however Mrs. Biz told us that if there was room in the main kitchen she would be happy to have us eat as well. We were able to have breakfast each day (we were there for 3 days). Each breakfast was better than the last. The kids were counting the seconds until 8 am to go and do their farm chores which included bottle feeding a calf, brushing the horse, feeding the cows, horse and pigs, collecting eggs and even oiling the pigs one morning! Ms. Vickie led is through our chores and though she is quiet she was sweet, calm and patient and allowed the kids to do things on their own. My son now plans to be a farmer and my daughter a "farmer princess"! We saw many sights in Amish country during the day and were back at the farm at night to get ready for chores the next morning. Our room was rustic to say the least but very clean and comfortable. Biz and Tom were warm and friendly and by the end of our trip I felt like we had made some great friends. The communal feel of the farm made us feel welcome and we loved spending time with the other guests. My son cried when we left. If you like to get dirty and be outdoors this is the place for you, we are already planning next year's trip!

Room Tip: Hayloft suite has a more modern kitchen and larger bathroom but no shower. Chicken Coop suite has a...
2  Thank Jodie L
Reviewed May 4, 2011

This is a true farm experience for families and children who love or are curious about animals. Biz and Tom are wonderful hosts, warm and attentive. Biz is a great cook and they will give you the coats off their backs. Marietta is about 20 or so minutes from Lancaster, so I stayed 3 nights and made several day trips. The morning chores were the highlight.. milking a goat, feeding the chickens,goats,cows and Annie the horse was a blast. We also collected eggs from the chickens and fed the baby calf, Elvis, his bottle. I also loved the grounds which offer a playhouse and a swing/slide in treehouse style for children! There is a lovely creek as well. I stayed in the Hayloft suite and slept well. There is a separate bedroom and bath with no shower and a kitchen area which has everything one might want for cooking. The negative reviewer obviously did not check their website out clearly....They clearly state that there is no breakfast for people staying in the suites (as they have a kitchen) Vicki did the chores with us in the morning and was very helpful and informative. They also let you roam the farm ( even inside with the animals) whenever you like. Biz and Tom have had this place for 50 years and run it hosting guests for 24 years... that shows that they love what they do. The cons were few. There was no internet service up in the Hayloft Suite ( but it was never promised) and there are stinkbugs ( harmless little things that do not bite or sting) but they are annoying and it makes it hard to read or have the lights on after dark as they are attracted to the light. After the first night I was fine though because I could read outside where there was a bright light on the porch. From my understanding these lil creatures are only in the hayloft suite. That being said the view is lovely from the Hayloft, you can look out onto the farm and there is enough room to have 4 chairs out there. Bath only was no problem ( it was mentioned on the website) Bathroom was clean and welcoming. OLD radio and TV added to the charm and worked perfectly. I am quite sure all kids will love this place, it is old fashioned farm fun, marbles games, a playhouse,lots of room to run around etc. etc. The price was very reasonable and I enjoyed having my own space to cook. Expect Roosters in the morning, a little dust and
mud, some friendly animals and friendlier people and you've got the ingredients for Olde Fogie Farm.

Room Tip: I liked the Hayloft Suite even with the stinkbugs
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank wkdwtch
Reviewed April 22, 2011

My daughters ages 11 and 9 and I traveled over 900 round trip just to stay at Old Fogie Farm... It was 100% worth it. If you are looking for a kid friendly farm experience that will leave you feeling like you just spent some time at Grandma and Grandpa's house? This is the B&B for you. Very Rustic farm house with two bedrooms without kitchenettes, and two units available with bedrooms, baths and small kitchens. All have country charm and decor.. (Amazing.)... Depending on kids ages...mine are 9 and 11 so they were able to roam freely around the property at the free will... petting goats, chickens, cows, horse, kittens, dogs, turkeys, etc.. collecting eggs, and bottle feeding baby calf in the morning was a high point. Breakfasts made by Biz are sooo Delicious.. and homemade and served up piping hot at family style kitchen table. We felt like we were at home being greeted after a long day and my kids enjoyed Biz and Tom listening so patiently to all their stories about the their day at Hershey Park or Dinner with Amish family Ruth Esh... I can not say enough about how comforting, caring , rustic and wonderful this experience was. If your afraid of getting down and dirty with farm animals, if your afraid of hosts that make you feel like family, or if your afraid of your kids begging you on the way home.. MOM WHEN CAN WE COME BACK.. THAT WAS THE BEST TRIP EVER... then this is not the B& B for you. Kids loved playing capture flag in woods by brook, playing in tree fort and walking the fields while watching Tom plow. Casey and Eli (the doggies) enjoy plenty of attention from guests.. We found the B&B to be conveinently located to many area attractions as well... all in all a great trip.. we can not wait to go back.... Thank you Biz and Tom for being so good to my girls... they truly enjoyed the hugs and kisses...

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family