“Good Food, Excellent Service”
Review of The Wren's Nest - CLOSED

The Wren's Nest
Good for: Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed October 22, 2013

We ate here twice in two days mainly because there was not a large selection of restaurants in town to choose from. That is not to detract from the quality of the food at this restaurant, however. We enjoyed both meals. The salads were very fresh and tasty. I had the balsamic chicken one night. The sauce and accompaniments were very good, but the chicken was a little overcooked. The next night I had the sirloin which was cooked perfectly and still tender despite my preference for well-done meat. My husband had the porterhouse steak and the chipotle seafood which he thoroughly enjoyed. Our daughter had the Mahi Mahi and the oriental salad which she said were excellent. She's a vegetarian and found lots on the menu to satisfy her. The portions were very generous. We had no room for dessert. The service was excellent.

1  Thank Pat D

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Need to make reservations long wait on a Saturday night told to come back at 7pm never got seated until 8:30 pm food is pricey had a prime rib 25.00 you do get a salad and bread

Reviewed August 21, 2013

Food was excellent, however, service was a bit slow. Waitress forgot my drink order while I sat there waiting. Pricing was a lot less than those big city $ and of course was appreciated! I highly recommend going there for a great at a great price!

Reviewed July 18, 2013

My husband, mother, and I stopped for dinner. The restaurant has a relaxing decor. Since it is in a house, each dining area holds smaller groups of people and it is fairly quiet. There are many windows which make it bright and airy. The service was excellent. My husband selected the mahi mahi and said it was perfectly cooked. My mom had the chicken Parmesan from the Bistro portion of the menu and it was a good sized chicken breast and enough linguini for two people. She took half home to eat another day. I order the cold blueberry soup which was delicious and the "fruit" salad. This was supposed to have mixed greens, vegetables, and fruit. The greens were fresh but the vegetables were only grated carrots. The "fruit" was canned mandarin oranges around the rim of the bowl and four canned pineapple rings. I was disappointed to see this because it is the middle of summer and there are so many options for fresh fruit - melons, berries, etc. - that I could not understand why canned fruit would be used. I actually don't care for canned mandarin oranges and would not have chosen that entree if I had thought there was a chance of getting canned fruit. Everything else about the meal was top notch - fresh, served hot where applicable, with great service. We would definitely return again if we ever drove that way.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

Not what we were expecting when we walked inside, but we were pleasantly surprised with the great food and great wait staff. Will definitely recommend this to anyone visiting the area. Prices were good also!

1  Thank rda2012