“Beautiful hotel with a great location!”

Hampton Inn & Suites Mansfield
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Mansfield
Corning, New York
“Beautiful hotel with a great location!”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

This hotel is only about 4 months old, and it is by far one of the nicest Hampton's we've stayed in. It is not far from restaurants, fast food, and a Walmart Supercenter. We were kindly greated by Lisa who got us checked in quickly and also offered menus for local eateries and delivery options. She was super helpful the whole night - we are very indecisive people, so choosing a place to eat is a job in its own. We were surprised to see her back in the next morning as well. Every time we passed the lobby, Lisa was right at the desk waiting with a smile. She is very personable and friendly and she is definitely an asset to this property. Our room was outstanding! Very clean and comfortable. I work at a hotel myself, so the first thing I do is check the bed for any critters, but I didn't even feel it was necessary to do so here, being that it is brand new and also very clean. The hotel layout is well designed and decorated nicely. The internet is definitely high speed, I was very pleased with that because we had hardly any regular cell phone service. The pool was excellent. I didn't get the gross feeling of chlorine drying out my skin like some places. The hot tub was nice also, I didn't go in it, my daughter and I stayed in the pool, but my husband enjoyed it. They have a very nice patio off the pool, on a hot day the breeze runs over the hill and it's just great. Breakfast is typical Hampton fare. I did enjoy the cranberry juice as many places we've stayed don't offer that. The breakfast room is well planned and I didn't feel like I was sitting on top of anyone. There are also two tv's, which we liked because our six month old daughter could watch something other than the news. The food was hot and fresh and the breakfast attendant (I believe his name was John?) was friendly and quick to replenish. Over all, we had a great experience here. Given the location and service - we would definitely stay here again and also recommend it to anyone!

Tips: Just a big heads up here - If you decide to get a quick bite to eat - I would NOT recommend the KFC/Taco Bell down the road. The lobby there was absolutely filthy - food and flies all over. The staff do not wear gloves and when my husband confronted them about it, the snotty employee said they don't have to because they have tongs. STILL GROSS! We changed our minds and asked for our food to-go because we didn't want to be in there any longer than possible and the guy never came back with a bag - so we left and carried the food out. The kitchen area is disgusting and had puddles of dirty water all over around the floor drains (probably clogged from the massive amounts of trash and filth all over the place). I also heard the manager herself shout out "SHUT UP" to one of the employees who told her that he knew about an order that was placed. Very unprofessional, poor cleanliness, and poor service. I don't know how this place passed inspection. We will never ever ever eat there again while in the area.

Room Tip: We chose a room on 4th floor next to elevator - it was convenient and was not noisy at all.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
jes736, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Mansfield, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. The Staff works very hard to meet or exceed guest expectations. Lisa enjoys interacting with the guests, it is the highlight of her day. We actually have a salt water pool and whirlpool spa so we don't have to use chlorine. I can't explain exactly how it works, but I know the guests are happy without the smell and possible irration that chlorine can cause. I appreciate your honest comments and the fact that you would recommend this hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back on your visit to Mansfield.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
No Tonawanda, United States
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Please rethink and take a little more time to satisfy your customers. Glasses in the room not plastic, air conditioner actually cooling off room (set at 68) thermostat only went down to 74 degrees. Make sure waffle irons are hot and ready for breakfast as when you are in a hurry you dont have time to wait for them to heat up.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the to review our hotel. We are glad that you chose to stay with us. I am sorry that you were unhappy with parts of your stay. We have addressed all the issues you mentioned. The Hampton Standard states that paper cups will be provided in the guest rooms so we will continue to have those cups in our rooms. We would welcome the opportunity to welcome you back to the Hampton Inn and Suites in Mansfield.
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed June 27, 2013

I typically like Hampton Inn but I really loved this one, friendly check in, great and roomy suite which was really well finished, great bed and shower and pretty ok breakfast. If you need to stay in the area then highly recommend it.

Rob

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
jes736, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Mansfield, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Thank you for reviewing our new hotel. The Hampton Brand has set the bar quite high and I am pleased to hear that we exceeded your expectations. I appreciate the fact that you recommended our hotel to your fellow travelers.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 26, 2013

This must be a new hotel. The room was very nice and the lobby area was large. They have a sizable eating area for the continental breakfast and many tv's to get the morning updates. The employees were very helpful and knowledgeable with the surrounding areas as well.

Room Tip: Get a room not overlooking the parking lot !
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for reviewing our brand new hotel. We recently opened and are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay in Mansfield. We have received many compliments on the spacious lobby and breakfast area. We hope you will be staying with us again in the near future.
Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here two nights & I truly didn't want to leave. One of the nicest hotels we've ever stayed. Will only stay here next time we are in Mansfield! Very clean, super friendly staff and very spacious rooms!!!!

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to review our hotel. Our staff works very hard to meet guest expectations and I am glad you were happy with your room and the staff. I will share your comments with the staff. They appreciate positive feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hampton Inn and Suites.
Cleona, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 29, 2013

I called and booked this hotel even though it was a bit out of the way (due to other hotels being sold out in another town.) I couldn't have asked for a better stay, mainly b/c this hotel is NEW. Everything was great, the room, breakfast, front desk staff. If in Mansfield, PA again, I'd definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: The suite is LARGE but the bathroom is extremely small :-(
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
jes736, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Mansfield, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Thank you for staying with us even though we weren't your first choice based on location. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and would return again in the future. I understand your comment on the suite as the room is quite large while the bathroom is on the smaller side. The design team clearly wanted a large room for guest comfort and work space. We are glad that you had the opportunity to try our new hotel and we would enjoy welcoming you back in the future.
Cochranton, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed May 28, 2013

After staying the previous night in the Microtel across the parking lot, this property was exactly what my family and I were hoping for. Excellent service from the staff (although they still didn't have the breakfast thing quite figured out yet). The beds, rooms, showers, pool were all top-notch for the price. A heavenly experience overall. Highly recommended!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing our new hotel on your recent trip in Mansfield. The Staff is working hard to get the breakfast operations fine tuned. I am glad that you had time to enjoy the pool. I appreciate your honest comments and certainly the recommendation to your fellow travelers. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mansfield
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Mansfield
#1 of 1 in Gaines
Radisson Hotel Corning
Radisson Hotel Corning
#1 of 6 in Corning

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Mansfield? Share your experiences!