“Parking close to room, wifi, good location for Mansfield within walking distance to restaurants, friendly staff/owners.”
Review of Mansfield Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Mansfield
Mansfield Inn
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Mansfield
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 6, 2013

I stayed here on and off for several months while working in the area and have slept in many of the rooms. Over the six months of coming and going to Mansfield I noticed that the carpets and showers had been re-done and the bedding replaced. No, it's still not luxurious, and yes, the building is older and well-worn, but the beds and bathrooms are clean. There are microwaves and mini fridges in the room for extended stay visitors.

In response to some of the other reviews (yikes!): I never once saw bugs in any of the rooms I stayed in, nor did I ever wake up itchy. I never worried about bringing home stowaway bugs in my luggage. I accidentally left a few articles of clothing behind on my first visit and when I returned a month later a member of the maid staff recognized me and returned my belongings. She had kept them set aside just in case I came back. I never had anything stolen. My interactions with the owners have always been positive. Once when I forgot to make myself a reservation, I arrived very late at night to discover that they had no vacancies, but the owners allowed me to sleep in their guest room upstairs until they had a room for me the next day. They're a very nice family.

The Mansfield Inn is on the main street and a very short walk to a cafe, a pizza place, a tex-mex restaurant/craft-brew 6 pack store, a brewing company/pub, a bar, and a convenient store/gas station.

All hotels and motels in Mansfield are more expensive than they would be elsewhere because of the large quantity of natural gas personnel that stay in the area for work. You can pay twice as much and stay at the Comfort Inn a mile away (close to only one terrible restaurant), but I found my extended stays at the Mansfield Inn quite nice. After working 13 hours and commuting it was nice to be able to WALK just a minute down the street and grab a drink or dinner.

This is a standard motel. It's not a place for Prima Donnas or otherwise high maintenance travelers.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank ErmMac

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Meadville, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed March 25, 2012

The maids go through your things and ours (Jennifer) even stole my brand new camera. The worst hotel ever! I set up my things nice and organized and when we got back our things were gone through and misplaced. Management did absolutely nothing about it and didn't even refund us one night. You cant even understand what management is saying because they arent american. And on tolp of all this, the rooms are tiny and always at 80 degrees even with heat off. People are always outside around rooms and are loud and creepy. Always loud nioses, no peace. Dont waste your money here, definetly not worth $80 a nite... more like $10. It will be worth a 20-30 minute drive not to stay here!

Room Tip: Dont stay here, maids steal and go through your things, and management doesnt care.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
5 Thank Heather G

Travelers are raving about these Mansfield hotels

Scranton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 4, 2012

If you are at all familiar with Mansfield, PA, then you would not expect this place to be fabulous/high-end. There are other chain hotels in the area and if you want that type of place, then don't stay here. With that said, we like it here. My husband and I are both alumni of Mansfield Univeristy and anytime we are able to stay here when we visit, we do. The reason I say, "when we are able" is because the Route 6 corridor in PA has been taken over by natural gas companies, making it difficult to get a room. We love the location of the Mansfield Inn if you are interested in going out in town and don't want to drive- everything is in walking distance. Mansfield does not have a cab company either. The rooms are older, but decent. They do some updating as they can. WIFI is available.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank FoodieFare
Lakeshore, Mississippi
Reviewed March 12, 2011

Dont Have One Nice Thing To Say About This Place , Best Part Of This Stay Was Checking Out!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank TrustMeTraveler60
Red Lion, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 10, 2011

One word. Disgusting. From bugs to dirty sheets , over priced rooms, no parking . Rude owner, and the worst breakfast you'll ever taste . Everything that could make a place give you nightmares. I should have known as soon as I talked to the man at the desk I was in for a scare. All the oil and pipeliners beware this man is gonna steal your money. Greed gets the best of this place. If you have a truck good luck with parking you may be lucky and get a ticket like I did. Comfort inn located a mile away has a great breakfast and a room / bar that's an a+. Spread the word

• Stayed March 2011
1 Thank MCACoalCracker
New York City, New York
Reviewed December 14, 2010

I stayed at Mansfield Inn with two children. I got what I paid for. Ample parking, quiet neighborhood and friendly staff.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank Bvk_10
harford, pa
Reviewed March 23, 2010

My husband and I attended our sons recital at the university. I looked at the "Inn's" website and made reservations. Holy cow, what a disaster! The room smelled of urine, dust everywhere, but the worst of all were the blood stains on the sheets! Needless to say, I slept on top of the bed and prayed I wouldn't wake up itching!! Next time we go out I won't worry about saving a few bucks..it wasn't worth it!!! The place is a dump!!!!

Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank gat0ma
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mansfield
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Mansfield
#1 of 1 in Gaines
Penn Wells Lodge
Penn Wells Lodge
#3 of 6 in Wellsboro

Been to Mansfield Inn? Share your experiences!