“Good food, but have to be willing to wait”
Review of Yorkholo

Yorkholo
Ranked #2 of 25 Restaurants in Mansfield
Cuisines: American
Reviewed March 25, 2012

There is a great ambiance and the food is great. Great knowing that it comes from local farms instead of being shipped from miles away. I am not a beer drinker but my husband is. When he couldn't decide what he wanted, they brought out samples of each beer so he could choose. The food is good, but the three separate times we have eaten here, I feel as if we waited too long for our dishes to arrive. We were not eating at busy times, so I am not sure if this is a management problem or not. It does not bother us too much though, and I assume we will probably eat there again in the future.

Reviewed March 18, 2012

A neat little restaurant in a small town, great service, personable waitress, food didn't quite match up. I would give them a try again if I'm back in the area - I want to give it a higher rating - maybe the second time I will enjoy the food more.

Reviewed March 16, 2012

I was told this was a very good restaurant. It was not too bad, but I probably would not go back. Most of the food had strange concoctions.

Reviewed March 13, 2012

I might be slightly biased towards microbrewery restaurants, but I really enjoy the casual atmosphere and friendly staff that are usually associated with this scene. My experience at Yorkholo Brewing Co. was no different. I sat at the bar by myself and really enjoyed my dinner and drinks.

I ordered a small flight of the four beers they had on tap (had to try all of them), and a glass of red wine which was a Pennsylvania brewed Cabernet Franc and surprisingly tasty. They also had a few sweet, fruit wines from another local Pennsylvania winery that included a concord grape wine, a blueberry wine, and a strawberry wine, all very sweet.

I was by myself but wanted to taste a few things, so I ordered more food than I could consume alone, including the "Brushetta Flight" appetizer and a vegetarian pizza they had on special which came out with mushrooms, artichoke hearts, chick peas, peppers, onions, micro greens, and a really good tomato sauce that didn't taste like they took it out of a can.

Many of their ingredients are locally grown, which I love. The bartender who was helping me was extremely knowledgeable about their food, wine, and beer, and made very helpful suggestions.

I'd really like to go again and would definitely recommend this place to anyone I knew who would be passing through Mansfield. Enjoy!

Reviewed January 20, 2012

Visited for dinner. Beer great. Prices very reasonable for organic/locally-raised. Entree presentation very artistic and professional. Service prompt. Now the bad: Ordered tomato soup as an appetizer. I'm convinced it was a marinara sauce or a pizza sauce. Taste okay, but not soup. Adjacent table got t-soup too. Theirs topped with croutons and cheese, ours delivered naked... Vegetable with my entree was butternut squash. It was cold. Not lukewarm. Cold. Asked for a small serving of squash of the correct temperature. That serving tasted like they had added vinegar or sour cream (a lot). Made me think I was eating canned baby-food pureed squash that had been eaten by the baby then spit back up. Really sour. Couldn't eat it. How hard is it to prepare tasty butternut squash??? Waitress had no clue. No apology, didn't even ask if we wanted dessert.

I really want to like this restaurant and will return if we are in the area. It's great that they use so many local ingredients. But the chefs need to frequently sample what they are sending out to the customers, and the wait staff need be educated in true customer service.

Been to Yorkholo? Share your experiences!